Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Touch - "Kite Strings" - 4/5/2012 - S01E04

Hmmmm... tying things together. More about the lottery winner, the episode 2 title (1 Plus 1 Equals 3), the kid in Iraq.

Not a bad episode, but I've never seen so many incarnations of the episode's "magic number"... there must have been 20-30 versions of nine five zero.

And no Japanese girls!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I am enjoying the show more and more. I am enjoying that some of the older episode's characters are still being involved in plots when originally I thought they'd be one episode and done.

Although sometimes I think half of Kiefer's dialog is yelling "Jake".
Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Although sometimes I think half of Kiefer's dialog is yelling "Jake".
I honestly cringe every time he does that.

So what would it have mattered if Martin or the messenger boy went up after Jake and the kite? That's how high he was climbing, period. Martin could have caught him just the same. Stupid.

And getting locked in the church basement. Everything about this church screams 'falling apart', so a door clicks shut and it's maximum security time? Just put a shoulder to that door and I bet the hinges disintegrate. Stupid.

I don't appreciate it when they insult our intelligence like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Cainebj

i'm getting a little tired of AWOL jake already.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
justen_m

I agree, getting locked in the church basement? Seriously? With all the junk in the basement, I'm sure anybody with a brain could have found something to break that lock. Wooden door in a wooden frame. And a door that automatically locks? Maybe in hotel rooms, but for a basement? I've been in a few church basements, and the only ones with locks required a key to unlock or lock. This was mostly to keep kids out.

I did really enjoy the last scene when he found his wife's wedding ring, and the explanation behind 1+1==3. I also liked the fleshing out of the Iraq story line.

What storylines remain open? I think the world traveler who lost his cell phone was closed when the Japanese girls got his kids displayed on the big screen (this was a week or two ago? Sorry, I saved up a bunch and watch them all in a marathon this week). The lottery winner may be done. Iraq could be done. Is it time to spring open another few threads?
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Lottery winner I'm sure isn't done. When Sara died, she made him try to help/find Martin and Jake and it's pretty obvious to me that eventually they will eventually meet (again).
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
justen_m

Not a fan of the Sara/Martin/Jake connection. I like the Iraq line (my dad, uncle, and I are all Gulf war vets). I am getting tired of "Jake runs away" storyline. Perhaps they will tie the LT's Itay storyline with the States.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
I am getting tired of "Jake runs away" storyline.
I don't think that's a storyline... I think that's 'how the show works'. Like the Friends friends getting together in the coffee shop. :/

Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I am also getting tired of Jake just running off.
He doesn't need to speak, but there should be more obvious visual cues via body language that necessitate the urgency of his predictions.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Lottery winner I'm sure isn't done. When Sara died, she made him try to help/find Martin and Jake and it's pretty obvious to me that eventually they will eventually meet (again).
I'm still confused about the end of the very first episode where Martin calls him, and then the show ends abruptly as if the editors couldn't fit the rest of the show into the timeslot.

All the episodes since then have acted like that phone call never happened.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
I'm still confused about the end of the very first episode where Martin calls him, and then the show ends abruptly as if the editors couldn't fit the rest of the show into the timeslot.

All the episodes since then have acted like that phone call never happened.
What phone call?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
ADG
Allan

While some of the stories are cute, the premise is starting to get old already - as are the repetitive interactions between father and son and Kiefer's over-acting / yelling (apparently his method of showing any emotion regardless of the role he's playing or the show he's in)

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #13
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
While some of the stories are cute, the premise is starting to get old already - as are the repetitive interactions between father and son and Kiefer's over-acting / yelling (apparently his method of showing any emotion regardless of the role he's playing or the show he's in)
That and Kierfer's breathing.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I know I heard a Bauer-like "Dammit" this week. I don't remember if he said that on previous weeks.

One of my minor annoyances: Will Jake do at least one good scream in EVERY ep?

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I know I heard a Bauer-like "Dammit" this week. I don't remember if he said that on previous weeks.

One of my minor annoyances: Will Jake do at least one good scream in EVERY ep?
Pretty sure last week was the only non-touching scream he's done (and boy was that a doozy). Any other scream has been when people touched him.

But I don't get that... no one is actually touching his skin, just his clothes. He pushes past people all the time, brushing them out of the way: why isn't he screaming then??

Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
DouglasPHill

There are parts of this show I enjoy, but it really is the same thing each week. Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, give me a break. Shut up and follow the kid. Definitely need to change the kids character to not walk away each week. How could KS be related to his dad? What an over actor. I do like the earlier stories intermixing with current stories.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
There are parts of this show I enjoy, but it really is the same thing each week. Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, give me a break. Shut up and follow the kid. Definitely need to change the kids character to not walk away each week. How could KS be related to his dad? What an over actor. I do like the earlier stories intermixing with current stories.
The problem with Jake's character is that he has no way to do anything other than walk away. If he went up to his father to get him to follow him, his father would say no. He can't talk, can't grab a hand, so the only ammunition left to him is to just go and make his father follow him.

It's stupid, but that's all he's got!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

It just occurred to me that Jake is basically Lassie or Flipper. "What's that Jake? I think he's trying to tell us something! Timmy has fallen down a well?!" With an animal the communication seems a bit more impressive.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Church AV Guy

...and you could pet Lassie.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
It just occurred to me that Jake is basically Lassie or Flipper. "What's that Jake? I think he's trying to tell us something! Timmy has fallen down a well?!" With an animal the communication seems a bit more impressive.
LOL!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
OK, I giggled

Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post