TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Carlos_E

Cablevision's LiveTV iPad App

I know this is a little off topic but I was wondering if other people who have Tivos with CableCards are able to watch Cablevision LiveTV on their iPads.

I have cablevision iO Gold package and optimum internet service and downloaded the app Cablevision released yesterday to watch Live TV. When I launch the app and sign in I get the following errors.

"A channel subscription is required to view live TV." When I click on a channel it says "The channel is not available."

I'm wondering if this is because I do not have a cable box in my home and instead have 3 cable cards? Are there any members here with cablevision and iPads? Is yours working? Can you watch Live TV?
Carlos_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Carlos_E

It says in the FAQ and on their website "Customers require an iPad device, a subscription to iO TV (with at least one (1) digital cable box or CableCARD)"

I have 2 Tivos and 3 Cablevision CableCARDs so it should work.
Carlos_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Comatoast

Same here

No luck getting this to work for me either. Two TiVo Premiers with 2 Cablecards. IO silver and Internet. Restarted modem and router and reinstalled the app, but no luck.

Called Cablevision and they said they're aware there are problems (not specifically with Tivos but in general) for some people and that they were working on it.
Comatoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
erubenst28

Same exact issue for me, 2 cablecard tivos, IO silver package, Ipad2... no dice...must be a cablecard issue
erubenst28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
jgadget

I have 6 Tivo Premieres and am a Cablevision subscriber. I am having the same issue as everyone else. I wonder if it only works in conjunction with their crappy DVRs and not Tivo. I know it says it will work with cablecards, but it would not be the first time that Cablevision provided incorrect specs. I won;t even bother calling them as 99.99% of their support staff probably doesn't even know this app exists.

I was really looking forward to this functionality. Better than using this app would be the ability to WATCH (stream) programming to my iPad and not just use the Tivo app as a remote. IMO, this is what Tivo should be working on.
jgadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
DeWitt

Streaming to iPads is the latest licensing dustup between the providers and the CableCos. Not sure Tivo wants to be the lead dog in this fight...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/04/bu...ref=technology
DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
jdfs
Unspecial Member

Works great for me but I do have 2 regular cable boxes in addition to 2 ticks.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
shaown

I have no cable boxes (only CCs in Tivos) and the app works great for me.
-Shaown
3 S2DT, 1 Phillips S1, 1 HR10-250 HDTivo, 1 S1 DTivo, 3 S2 DTivos, 1 THD 1Tb
shaown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
fungflex

Two tivo premieres with M cards, one hd regular box, one sd regular box.

App works amazingly well for me. Love it.
fungflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
rafab1

Are we talking about the "Optimum" app for iPad

I don't see a "Cablevision" app. If it's the Optimum app, when I click "Live TV" the message I get is: "You must be connected to your home network and signed in to watch Live TV". Any ideas on that one?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Brighton Line

I only have two premiers and CV Silver, the Optimum iPhone app works for me to watch cable channels, all other functions like PPV or On Demand do not work since the app has to communicate with your cable-box.
You also must be on your home network on the Optonline as well.
Brighton Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
robaustin

Works here....

I can watch live TV on the iPad app with no problem. Two Premieres with M Cards and no cable boxes. However - I will add this - I THINK that the app was released before I got my Tivo Premieres last year, so I had cable boxes from Cablevision at that point. So there might be something set on my account differently, even though I have no cable boxes now.

In any case - if you want help with anything Cablevision related - join the Cablevision-Digital Yahoo group. Wilt Hildenbrand - a senior Cablevision technical advisor is on there, and typically if you post asking for his help - he will offer assistance:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/cablevision_digital/

--*Rob
robaustin is offline   Reply With Quote