TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
jpcamaro70

Directv Tivo

I'm getting rid of an HR-22 for the tivo HHR?? whatever it is, can't hook it up for some reason so they are sending an installer.

Some questions:

Will the tivo be faster than the Hr22-100 as far as the guide and recordings? That's really my goal here. I would have stayed on the whole home if the rep could guarantee me an HR25 but she couldn't.

Other than whole home and 3d, what will i be missing with the tivo powered unit?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
THR22 is the model. You will also miss Video On Demand - DirecTV claims it is supported, but it doesn't work. The HR22 search feature is better too. You will probably find it snappier than the HR22 even though the hardware is the same. You'll gain the ability to undelete shows.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
jpcamaro70

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
THR22 is the model. You will also miss Video On Demand - DirecTV claims it is supported, but it doesn't work. The HR22 search feature is better too. You will probably find it snappier than the HR22 even though the hardware is the same. You'll gain the ability to undelete shows.
I was playing with it for just a few minutes today but i couldn't get VOD to work. I love the UI as i am a Tivo fan but it's really totally different than the tivo i'm used to.

I'm not sure if i want to keep it or send it back. I don't see much of a benefit over the HR22, even the guide isn't as good as the series 4.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Sheffield Steve

Quote:
VOD works on my THR22.

What I found is that it's incredibly sensitive to the quality of the network connection. So much so in fact that I could never get it working over WiFi. (even forcing lower MTU's etc)

However, with a direct wired Ethernet connection it does work, although it can still drop the download if the internet connection drops for a second. (i.e. It does not recover from errors well)
Sheffield Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #5
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
THR22 is the model. You will also miss Video On Demand - DirecTV claims it is supported, but it doesn't work.
Is that a recent development? I've temporarily shut off my DirecTV service but for the time we used the DirecTivo THR22 the VOD worked fine.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #6
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I have never been able to make VOD on the THR22 work, and this is a common complaint over at dbstalk. It appears to work, but when one attempts to start a download, it always fails.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
ragmopp

It did for me, but now it works fine.
ragmopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #8
KRB

Diorect TV and

I have a model THR22-100 through Direct TV.
"Direct TV enhance programing" keeps knocking off programs I'm watching.
When this happens it askes if I want to stop recording, I reply "Yes and the enhanced program goes away but knocks me off thje channel I was watching.
Direct TV told me that it's a Tivo issue
How can I block or opt-ouy of this very disruptive program?
KRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #9
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
As far as I know, you can't. But what you can do, if you are watching live, is press Record. This will prevent it from bumping you out. You'll have to do this if the show changes.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
KRB

Direct TV

Thank You for your reply
My Tivo has a live tv button and I use it to toggle between to channels. When the Direct tv programming takes over one channel I press stop recording, it goes away and the changes that channel I was watching so that both tuners are now on the same channel?
Is this the way it's supposed to work?
Thanks
KRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #11
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRB View Post
My Tivo has a live tv button and I use it to toggle between to channels. When the Direct tv programming takes over one channel I press stop recording, it goes away and the changes that channel I was watching so that both tuners are now on the same channel?
Is this the way it's supposed to work?

have you ever activated directv double play to buffer both tuners? you would have to enable it every time you watched dtv to solve your issue, but it's the closest dtv has to tivo's "live tv" button:

https://support.directv.com/app/answ...his-feature%3F

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
The THR22 doesn't use the DoublePlay feature, it has the usual TiVo system.