TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #91
puffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by news4me2 View Post
That's not changed on my TiVo. The screen still drops back to SD when I select anything under the "Settings" menu. The only screen under "Settings" that appears as HD is the "My Video Providers" sub-menu (which was HD before this update).
Thanks for confirming that. There's been a fair amount of development but perhaps it's not ready to be released yet.
puffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #92
mrizzo80

I got the .3 update. Took about 45 minutes to install. Don't see any changes other than what's been mentioned (build numbers). I would think they'd be releasing the Spring 2013 update very shortly since Margret mentioned on Twitter it will be available for everyone before the month is out. Don't Priority signups usually get it ~2 weeks before the general release?
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #93
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzymate View Post
TiVo has not been touting or hyping this update at all. I'm sure it's just under the hood changes. Hopefully an updated Flash Player means a little speed bump to the Flash apps, but I'm not holding my breath.
I've noticed on my PS3 that the Netflix app seems to have a different interface and load screen after an update. Prior to that the TiVo and PS3 Netflix apps both looked and worked identically. It's possible that this update may update the Netflix and other apps? Just guessing. I contacted Margerate and asked if some sort of "change list" will be available to let us know what was updated and such and she said she will see what she can get as far as release notes to share on the forum.

Last edited by JWhites : 05-15-2013 at 08:27 PM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #94
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by news4me2 View Post
That's not changed on my TiVo. The screen still drops back to SD when I select anything under the "Settings" menu. The only screen under "Settings" that appears as HD is the "My Video Providers" sub-menu (which was HD before this update).
Also settings that appear in HD is the DVR name screen, customize discovery bar screen, video window setting screen, and the allow live tv on other devices screen for 4 tuner models, right?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #95
news4me2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post

Also settings that appear in HD is the DVR name screen, customize discovery bar screen, video window setting screen, and the allow live tv on other devices screen for 4 tuner models, right?
Yes, you are correct about those screens also being in HD on the 2 tuner Premiere...
news4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #96
JWhites

Awesome. I'm looking forward to the new update though a little disappointed that it wasn't as big of a game changer as the January 2012, May 2012, and October 2012 updates were.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #97
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Is Priority Update Live Again?

Is the TiVo update priority page live again? When it's dead, the page tells you there is no update pending, but I went there today and it allowed me to enter my TSN, but the verbiage on the page looks like it comes from the last update

"TiVoŽ Update Priority Request

We are in the process of releasing an update for TiVo Mini and the TiVo Premiere series of DVRs that includes the MLB.TV app. "

so I'm far from certain that we are on the verge of another update. Has the update page been like this since 20.3.1 was released and I just haven't noticed until today?
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #98
innocentfreak

It is the old sign-up. It says I have already submitted my TSN. They probably just didn't deactivate it this time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #99
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
It is the old sign-up. It says I have already submitted my TSN. They probably just didn't deactivate it this time.
It page did take my Mini, but not any of my TPs as the page did say already submitted

Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #100
JWhites

I just checked the priorty site and it says "There are not currently any updates available for TiVo Premiere boxes" So I guess we'll be waiting awhile again
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #101
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Old Priority Page URL is no longer valid

http://www.tivo.com/priority

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 08-20-2013 at 05:00 AM.
CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #102
brentil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Old Priority Page URL is no longer valid

The newer priority page is offline too.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #103
JWhites

Probably because of the total redesign of the website?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #104
brentil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Probably because of the total redesign of the website?
Yeah, I didn't realize that at the time.

brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #105
jjd416

I think this might be the new link since the website redesign:

http://research.tivo.com/932priority/index.htm
jjd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #106
JWhites

Looks like it.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #107
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd416 View Post
I think this might be the new link since the website redesign:

http://research.tivo.com/932priority/index.htm
That looks like an old priority update page dedicated to a specific software release (v9.3.2?).
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #108
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil View Post
The newer priority page is offline too.
http://www.tivo.com/priority is back up with a message:
Quote:
There are not currently any updates available for TiVo Premiere boxes.

A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #109
jaredmwright

Pretty unpolished to still show Premiere instead of a generic message for all boxes since they aren't promoting the Premiere and have moved onto Roamio now.
DirecTV HR22 HDMI/ETHERNET & Slingbox Solo
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #110
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmwright View Post
Pretty unpolished to still show Premiere instead of a generic message for all boxes since they aren't promoting the Premiere and have moved onto Roamio now.
There are now many more Premiere units in the field than Roamio units. I seem to recall a similar situation during the Series 3 -> Premiere transition, but I may be mis-remembering. Anyway, they won't need a priority update page for the Roamio line until
A) They have an update available for them; and
B) There are more than a few thousand units in the field.

I'm betting that they're preparing to release a Fall update for the Premiere, and the page is being prepared for that update.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #111
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

TiVo Priority Update Request Live Again

"We are preparing to release the Fall Update for TiVo Premiere, TiVo Mini, and TiVo Roamio boxes. TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini boxes will automatically receive the update on the day it becomes available. TiVo Premiere boxes will be updated in groups. If you would like your TiVo Premiere to be in one of the first groups to be updated, please enter your TiVo Service Number below."

Note: Only TiVo Premiere boxes purchased directly from TiVo.com or a retailer are eligible for this update. Boxes provided by cable companies will be updated on a different schedule.

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #112
MeInDallas

Thank you God/Jesus/Buddha/Allah and all deities!

And TivoMargret!
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #113
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
"We are preparing to release the Fall Update for TiVo Premiere, TiVo Mini, and TiVo Roamio boxes. TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini boxes will automatically receive the update on the day it becomes available. TiVo Premiere boxes will be updated in groups. If you would like your TiVo Premiere to be in one of the first groups to be updated, please enter your TiVo Service Number below."

Note: Only TiVo Premiere boxes purchased directly from TiVo.com or a retailer are eligible for this update. Boxes provided by cable companies will be updated on a different schedule.
Thanks!!
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #114
pbubel

Yup, signed up also...
pbubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #115
ajwees41

anybody know when is it supposed to be out?
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #116
nsnasser

Woohoo
nsnasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #117
dhoward

I am hesitant about being a beta tester for this update but would signup if I knew it included the rumored Dynamic Tuning. Margret's description left that little tidbit out. Is that feature in this update?
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #118
bradleys
It'll be fine....

It will come to you box whether you join the priority page or not.

BTW, The did say DTA was coming in the "fall release", and this is being referred to as the "fall release" a soooooo.......
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #119
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
I am hesitant about being a beta tester for this update but would signup if I knew it included the rumored Dynamic Tuning. Margret's description left that little tidbit out. Is that feature in this update?
This has nothing to do with being a beta tester. It's a different site to sign up for being a beta tester.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #120
dhoward

That was a tongue in cheek comment. Many early adopters of Tivo's updates have ended up with a new set of problems. I would only signup for early release if DTA were going to be part of it. Otherwise I have no problem waiting. Even though DTA has been indicated for the Fall release Margret left that out in her description. Maybe an oversight maybe not.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote