TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
WRX09MD

KMTTG help

I have installed KMTTG on pc and it sees my Tivo Premier. I just installed a new Roamioin the house today and everything is functioning properly. My issue is that I cant get KMTTG to see my new Roamio. All I want to do is transfer my season passes and 10 recorded shows from my Premier to the Roamio. Any help on any of these issues is welcome. Thanks
Slide x 2
Slide Pro x 2
Verizon Fios
WRX09MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Soapm

You can use the Tivo website to transfer the season passes and the recordings should be directly transferable (tivo to tivo).

I don't have a Roamio so don't know about KMTTG working with them.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
moyekj

With a new TiVo it seems like it doesn't start "advertising" itself properly to the network right away for a day or two. So kmttg can't autodetect it. If you want to get started right away you can go to kmttg config->Tivos tab and manually add Tivo Name and IP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

You probably just need to wait for Tivo's servers to get everything synced. Either wait a few days or have the tivo call the servers a few times.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
WRX09MD

Thanks for help. Ill give it all a try. Ill post back with some results and may ask for some more help.
Slide x 2
Slide Pro x 2
Verizon Fios
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
WRX09MD

I would like to take the Cable Card out of my Premier to install it into the other Roamio I have. Do I need to leave that card in the Premier until I get everything transferred? Or can I take it out and leave it connected to the lan and still transfer.

I still cant get KMTTG to recognize the new Roamio even by manually installing it in the software. I have pinged it successfully so I know its there. I really dont want to pay Tivo 15$ to do this one time even though its probably easier. Thanks again.
Slide x 2
Slide Pro x 2
Verizon Fios
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX09MD View Post
I would like to take the Cable Card out of my Premier to install it into the other Roamio I have. Do I need to leave that card in the Premier until I get everything transferred? Or can I take it out and leave it connected to the lan and still transfer.
Go ahead and move it. The CableCARD is not needed to access existing recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX09MD View Post
I still cant get KMTTG to recognize the new Roamio even by manually installing it in the software. I have pinged it successfully so I know its there. I really dont want to pay Tivo 15$ to do this one time even though its probably easier. Thanks again.
I wouldn't want to do it via tivo.com for a couple of reasons, but I don't think there is any cost involved in doing so. Are you thinking you need TiVo Desktop for this? You don't.

I'm not sure that the tivo.com route will be available any sooner for a new TiVo than kmttg would be as I believe the problem is that the new TiVo isn't yet set to allow the necessary access.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
moyekj

If you go to System Information screen and look for TiVoToGo setting, unless you see a,a,a,a you won't be able to use TTG regardless of the software you try.
You should network connect a couple of times to speed up the process of your unit initializing everything such that TTG will work.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
WRX09MD

I figured it out. It still wasn't seeing the Roamio so I installed it manually. I was able to see it in the software but was unable to get the remote tab working. After a bit of comparing the Premier tabs to the Roamio tabs I noticed I didn't have the Ipad remote box checked. I knew it was simple and worked great for what I need to do. Thanks a lot. Will use it again and pass it on.
Slide x 2
Slide Pro x 2
Verizon Fios