TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Microman66

Not Getting Cable Signal - New CableCard TWC --> VER FIOS

I have a TIVO HD.

I am switching my service to Verizon Fios from Time Warner Cable.

I have a house in the back, and have over 100 feet of R6 Cable going to it.

I put in the new Cable Card, and did the self install on Verizon Site. Said it was activated.

I have been unable to get a signal for CABLE TV. OTA seens to scan and work ok.

During setup, when it comes to the part about choosing your cable company, the only Verizon FIOS choice is Verizon FIOS Pomona. So that is what I choose. But when it gives a sample channel, and says I am suppose to be able to see it in the background, I do not. And the suggestion on the screen at the time is to check my cable connections. I have.

During the trouble shooting last night I got out of the GUIDED SETUP, and got into the troubleshoot guides at TIVO. I checked SIGNAL STRENGTH for each of the channels, and the HIGHER (Cable) Channels were saying that there was a strong signal, up in the 90's.

So I chose the CABLE lineup, even though I dont see any VIDEO or SOUND, and continue and let it scan the local OTA channels, and then when it ends, I do have OTA channels, but no CABLE Encrypted Higher numbered channels.

So I am confused, am I getting a signal or not?

This signal is coming from a front house and that house has a splitter that is a 3 way non equal splitter. 3.x, 6.x and 6.x dbs going to the front house 3 areas. And I took the 6.x in the front house bedroom, and split it again, to come >100 feet to the backhouse.

Yes there is one barrel connector (white) in the run to the backhouse.
The splitter is a IDEAL 5 mhz - 2.3 GHz

Not sure what I can do, other than bring the TIVO HD, up to the front house and see if that works, and then walk it back, but not having the signal is the key.

Have I gone to far of a distance?
Microman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
ciscokid

????

Soooooo...............have you tried connecting a VERIZON box to the line??
ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote