TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
bobcarn
Birthday Hug Monkey

Winter Wipeout, 2/2/12

Did anyone ever watch the "Wipeout" shows? I turned the TV on last night, and the channel the TV was on was playing Winter Wipeout, and I couldn't pull my eyes away from it. I laughed my butt off. It was like watching a cartoon where the character gets tossed around, but it was real. It started to get a little old towards the end, but I was laughing so hard during the first half, it almost hurt.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
brettatk
If I Only Knew

The kids love it. We don't Tivo it but if we flip channels and it's on we'll sit there and watch it.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Jagman_sl

I watch this every week and also find it to be hilarious. I was a little sad to see Jill leave after last season, but I have to say I think Vanessa has filled in quite nicely!

Sometimes the hits they take or the way some of the bodies bend makes me cringe, but I keep coming back for more!
Jagman_sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I burnt out after two seasons. I got to be too repetitive.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Same here. They would change the obstacles but they were still essentially the same. Like changing the pilon challenge from a sweeper arm to swinging balls. Or changing the theme from a jungle to north pole. The challenge was the exact same otherwise. Then Jill left and that was the final straw for me. I always thought it would be fun if they had a Wipeout theme park where you could go and do the obstacles, or at least parts of them.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

We watch them, and in between gut-busting laughter we say "this is so wrong..."
Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I've seen a lot of them, and have a couple tivoed but not watched.. but am keeping track of which I've seen (as this is one of the very few things I have recorded reruns to make sure I catch ones I miss).

Yeah, I would say it's mildly amusing. I guess I somewhat disagree with the overall premise of the show. I wish the obstacles were hard, but DOABLE. Many of them are essentially un-doable.. which is why the couple of people who have made it across big balls have impressed me even more. (Though that's part of my point -- I think some of the other ones, like the doors coming out at you, are IMPOSSIBLE.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Thanks to this thread I went back and had a look at these, I laughed a bit at the initial ones and thought I'd see how they changed up the format.

I was disappointed to see that they've streamlined it more to a cookie cutter format than it was, but the big one was not seeing any winter, seeing a lot of foam, I totally did not expect that one!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

I've been watching from the beginning, though its SP is the lowest in priority if any other two SPs conflict with it.

Just mindless fun, but seeing some of those bodies being bent so their feet slap the back of their head makes me wonder what kind of waiver they have to sign to get on there, and when someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
hummingbird_206

I just started watching a few weeks ago. I think it's very entertaining. Had never heard of it before, but when I went to set an SP I found the series on TRUTVHD, so set an SP for those, too. I can see that it will probably get old being the same thing over and over, but for now it's just great entertainment!
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

We watch it every week and love it. Like everyone else, I hated to see Jill leave. She's a local girl.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
justen_m

I have a total crush on Jill Wagner. The new girl is cute, but not as hot. Where did Jill go?
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
CharlieB

I watch it occasionally, as much for the wisecracks from the hosts as for the beating the contestants take.
CharlieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB View Post
I watch it occasionally, as much for the wisecracks from the hosts as for the beating the contestants take.
I listen to Hensen's cracks during the runs (no real choice there), but I skip through the in-between banter as much as possible. I don't think he's that funny.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
mattack

Though I really wonder if they do an entire season of 'host' segments in a day or something. Henson's shown up on the "field" once or twice, but they're obviously just greenscreening their regular hosting duties.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote