TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
briang5

All in the family- Rabinowitx, Rabinowitz, and Rabinowitz

A friend and I were talking in work the other day about All in the Family and Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz and Rabinowitz. (I am Jewish so this isnt meant to be offensive).

We recalled the eposode where Archie gets into an accident and "hurts" his back and tries to sue, but there is a "car full of nuns" that reveal him to be lying about what happened.

We both vividly recall the line "Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz, and Rabinowitz, three savage Jews ......", but when we watched the whole car accident eposode on youtube, the line "3 savage jews was not present". We even had to look at several positngs of the eposode to make sure there werent any deleted scenes, and still no famous quote.

I googled "three savage jews" and found plenty of references to it that indicate it is from all in the family, but none indicated the eposode it was from.

Does anybody know the specific eposode that the quote comes from ?
briang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
johnspalm

I've been a big AITF fan for years. If I recall the line properly, it was:

".....that's them, the three wise men..."

It was episode 3 of season 1........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...amily_episodes
johnspalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
6079 Smith W
Minister of Truth

You're probably mixing that line up (as johnspalm says it was "the 3 wise men") with a line Archie had in another episode, referring to his lawyer(s) as "seven savage Jews that won't leave a scrap on your bones."
Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
ChipMate

I googled this for a good while the other day and could never nail it down. There are T-Shirts for sale with "seven savage Jews..." on them, but I couldn't attribute that to a specific episode.

And that's what I think the OP is looking for (now), is the episode with the "seven savage Jews..." in it.

The biggest clue, or most interesting thing I found while googling, was that apparently AITF was live back then, and it was an Archie adlib, right at the end of the show... and it rocked the house. The house being the producers/production staff.

Can you imagine airing Archie live today?
ChipMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Pikadon

The reason your searches came up empty was that the "Rabinowitz" line was from Archie's Place, not from All In the Family.

The way I remember it is "Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz & Rabinowitz -- seven savage Jews who'll pick your bones clean."
Pikadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

"I'm the house goy."
Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipMate View Post
The biggest clue, or most interesting thing I found while googling, was that apparently AITF was live back then, and it was an Archie adlib, right at the end of the show... and it rocked the house. The house being the producers/production staff.

Can you imagine airing Archie live today?
It wasn't aired live, it was "recorded on tape before a live audience".
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
allan
I survived the Mayan

I loved that show! I don't remember the ep, but "seven savage Jews" definitely rings a bell.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
pteronaut
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang5 View Post
A friend and I were talking in work the other day about All in the Family and Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz and Rabinowitz. (I am Jewish so this isnt meant to be offensive).
All in The Family was the product of the purchase of the format of the BBC sitcom "Til Death Us Do Part" where the "Archie Bunker" character "Alf Garnett" was played by Warren Mitchell (Misell), who is of Russian Jewish descent.
pteronaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspalm View Post
I've been a big AITF fan for years. If I recall the line properly, it was:

".....that's them, the three wise men..."

It was episode 3 of season 1........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...amily_episodes
I used that list to organize my recordings of AITF. It came in very handy. The OP should be able to narrow the episode down from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
If the OP is even still around, he's had well over two years to figure it out.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
If the OP is even still around, he's had well over two years to figure it out.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #13
jilter
Happy to be here.

If "Archie" was live today, so what?
Extremely tame in comparison to many shows on tv today.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilter View Post
If "Archie" was live today, so what?
Extremely tame in comparison to many shows on tv today.
Depends on how you are making your comparisons. I think shows like All in the Family and M*A*S*H would be very difficult to get on the air now.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
mattack

Yeah, in terms of risque-ness, VERY tame.. But in terms of mature subject matter (racism, etc.,), way way more adult.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
Wilhite
...no stinkin' title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Fan View Post
Depends on how you are making your comparisons. I think shows like All in the Family and M*A*S*H would be very difficult to get on the air now.
Yeah, I'm thinking that you probably couldn't get a show on prime-time network television now where the main character talks about "jews" and "chinks" and "japs" and "a-rabs" and "coons" or where one of the characters was named "Spearchucker".

Does All In The Family show in reruns? Is it "sanitized" as far as language?

Wilhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhite View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking that you probably couldn't get a show on prime-time network television now where the main character talks about "jews" and "chinks" and "japs" and "a-rabs" and "coons" or where one of the characters was named "Spearchucker".

Does All In The Family show in reruns? Is it "sanitized" as far as language?
Mike Stivic: Why is Jefferson number 2?
Archie Bunker: Because, Meathead, there can only be one number 1 and one number 2 and life made Jefferson number 2 long before I come along.
Gloria Stivic: So then Puerto Ricans are number 3 then, huh Daddy?
Archie Bunker: Well not necissarily there, Little Girl, your Puerto Ricans can be 4. Your Japs and your Chinks can be 3 - 3A, 3B.

Archie Bunker: What are you talking about? You put a Jap and a Chink together, you gonna tell me which is which?
Mike Stivic: That's right, because I find out about them. I talk to them as individuals.
Archie Bunker: Sure you talk to them. You say, "Which one of you guys is the Chink?"
Mike Stivic: [yells] I don't believe this. He's making me crazy!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikadon View Post
The reason your searches came up empty was that the "Rabinowitz" line was from Archie's Place, not from All In the Family.

The way I remember it is "Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz & Rabinowitz -- seven savage Jews who'll pick your bones clean."
So people register here just to resurrect 2+ year old threads for no particular reason?

Weird.

Since the thread is revived, however... AITF was shockingly politically incorrect, on purpose of course, and in today's PC environment, TV Land has cleaned some of the "worst" of it up

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
mattack

Though remember of course, that there was a WARNING before (at least) the first episode. I have seen the warning shown on retrospective type shows.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post
AITF was shockingly politically incorrect, on purpose of course, and in today's PC environment, TV Land has cleaned some of the "worst" of it up
That is a real shame.