TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Budule

New Roamio (C501)

Roamio was working fine the first day but now when I go to "what to watch now" I get the spinning circle then the error....already tried to restart it but no help...internet is fine on everything else so I don't think that's it, havent called support yet , wanted to see what you guys thought...

Edit: when I try "new movies to watch now " I don't get that error code but I get spinng circle after spinning circle and it seams to lock it up for a short while....my 30 day trail is starting off a little rough...

Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
apsarkis

It's not just you. Some Tivo server problems overnight. I'm on hold right now, trying to reach a support rep.

apsarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-31-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
Budule

think your wasting your time , I just got off the phone and was told they are "too busy to get to me since I need tier 2 help " and it will be "3 to 5 days" ...I told him it was 1 day old and on a 30 day trial and if that was the way its gona be, just send me the return boxes now...that's pretty bad imo...

Old 10-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
jasonthebeaver

I woke up this morning to find the exact same issue on my new Bolt. On customer support hold now.

jasonthebeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
Budule

if its widespread then I get it , but just tell me that , not "3 to 5 days" before I can even talk to somebody...

Old 10-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
apsarkis

I finally got thru to customer support, and everything seems to be working right now. Had to power-cycle (not just restart) all my boxes (Roamio Pro/minis). The official support recovery procedure was: forced connections (twice), power-cycle, force connection (didn't exactly follow this, since I'd already forced connections before I called).

Old 10-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
foghorn2

Are you Cox subscribers?

foghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
jasonthebeaver

I just got mine up and running again too.
The fix was to unplug, replug, network settings, connect and download.
I had tried this when I first encountered the problem about 3 hours ago and it didn't fix anything, but now just did it again while on the phone with Tivo and it worked. Who knows.

jasonthebeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #9
Budule

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
Are you Cox subscribers?
I'm suddenlink....I did the restart but not unplug...ill try that now...

Old 10-31-2015, 11:22 AM   #10
PSU_Sudzi

It affected me also, a Comcast subscriber in Philly area. Rebooted a few times and it seems to be working OK again.

PSU_Sudzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
Budule

mine seams to have fixed itself , but I still did the force connect, unplug, force connect just to be sure...so far I like it but if its not reliable (and phone support sure dosent seam to be) then I may have to bail in 28 days...we'll see I guess...(these things don't really bother me but they DO bother the wife , who THEN bothers me)

Old 10-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #12
apsarkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
(these things don't really bother me but they DO bother the wife , who THEN bothers me)
Same here. While on the phone with support, and first being told it could take days for resolution, my wife started yelling (in the background), quickly convincing the rep to check their servers, and come up with the immediate power-cycle fix.

We really have had very few tech issues with Tivo, over a dozen years and several generations of their products. Of all my tech toys, the Tivos are the only things my wife uses more than I do.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #13
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

It's always ironic that when the TiVo servers go down, the official TiVo Status page always says everything is good, I believe it is just a static page that never changes, and is not really linked to any server.

http://status.tivo.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #14
Budule

My thing is , why not just tell people there is a server problem? Surely they knew that when I called as I doubt I was the first one , "yes , we are aware of the problem and are working on it " thats all I would need , not "we'll get back to you in 3 to 5 days , we are very busy"... because when I told the wife that she told me to return it and go back to DirecTV...

Old 11-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #15
mattyro7878

II just went thru the "unplug, force 2 connections blah blah blah and no go! This was on my Bolt and Cox VOD in CT. Premieres get VOD just fine...Bye-bye Bolt!

mattyro7878 is offline   Reply With Quote