TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
jcmeyer5

MoCA stoped working on Roamio Plus

So I got myself a Roamio Plus and two Minis a couple weeks back. I did the setup (without cable card) on the Roamio and used the MoCA networking option. I was able to stream Netflix and Amazon perfectly. Fast forward to today and now, with no changes, the Roamio will no longer connect (haven't tried the Minis, they are not currently plugged in). I have no idea where to start with this. Here is what it says when I try to connect:

Quote:
There is a problem with your network setting. The TiVo DVR was unable to connect to your MoCA network (C33)
My MoCA is set up through the Frontier provided Actiontec router, so my Roamio is not creating the network for me. The network is up because I have two Frontier DVR's still plugged in and showing up on the network.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

Weak moca signal issues are usually caused by splitters. I'd check those, replace if they're old or inadequate with new 1 GHz splitters. If they're super high frequency (like 3-4GHz) those can be problematic too.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
LJP
LJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer5 View Post
So I got myself a Roamio Plus and two Minis a couple weeks back. I did the setup (without cable card) on the Roamio and used the MoCA networking option. I was able to stream Netflix and Amazon perfectly. Fast forward to today and now, with no changes, the Roamio will no longer connect (haven't tried the Minis, they are not currently plugged in). I have no idea where to start with this. Here is what it says when I try to connect:

My MoCA is set up through the Frontier provided Actiontec router, so my Roamio is not creating the network for me. The network is up because I have two Frontier DVR's still plugged in and showing up on the network.
Try a reboot of your Roamio...there was a recent update so that would be a place to start!
LJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
jcmeyer5

I enabled wireless so it could connect to the TiVo service and walked away from it... 3 hours later re-enabled MoCA and it is working fine.

Now I have the issue that it appears both wireless and MoCA are on at the same time! The TiVo says it is on MoCA, but the router sees two IP addresses with the same MAC address.

going to restart it and see if that fixes it

Edit: never mind. The second IP is apparently the stream module

Last edited by jcmeyer5 : 12-03-2014 at 08:46 PM.
jcmeyer5 is offline   Reply With Quote