TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
morac
Cat God

Season Pass refuses to record extra minute

I've been having a problem for about 2 months. I have a season pass for Gotham (8 to 9 PM) on Fox on my Roamio Pro. I also have a season pass for Sleepy Hollow (9 to 10 PM) on Fox. I changed the Gotham season pass to stop 1 minute late, but it refuses to do so, despite showing that it will do so in the To do list and while recording. There are 3 free tuners from 9 to 10 PM, so clipping (which is on) shouldn't apply.

I've tried deleting the season pass and recreating it and I've also tried reordering my season passes. Neither helped. I had this problem under 2.4.4 and it continues under 2.4.5. This is the only season pass I'm seeing this problem wIth despite all my season passes being set to end one minute later, though I don't think there are any others that are back to back on the same channel.

I'm at a loss in trying to figure out how to fix this.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I've been having a problem for about 2 months. I have a season pass for Gotham (8 to 9 PM) on Fox on my Roamio Pro. I also have a season pass for Sleepy Hollow (9 to 10 PM) on Fox. I changed the Gotham season pass to stop 1 minute late, but it refuses to do so, despite showing that it will do so in the To do list and while recording. There are 3 free tuners from 9 to 10 PM, so clipping (which is on) shouldn't apply.

I've tried deleting the season pass and recreating it and I've also tried reordering my season passes. Neither helped. I had this problem under 2.4.4 and it continues under 2.4.5. This is the only season pass I'm seeing this problem wIth despite all my season passes being set to end one minute later, though I don't think there are any others that are back to back on the same channel.

I'm at a loss in trying to figure out how to fix this.
Delete the Sleepy Hollow SP temporarily and see if that makes a difference.

Report back.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
59er
TiVotee

Have you tried padding Gotham's SP by two minutes?
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
morac
Cat God

I ran some tests. Turned off overlap protection which made no difference. I also tested other recordings and seasons passes:

1. Set up three 30 minutes back to back recordings on same channel. Extended first by 2 minutes, other two by 1 minute. All recorded as expected.
2. Padded my Daily Show season pass by 1 minutes and I have a Colbert Report SP. Daily Show correctly recorded an extra minute.

Now these shows, were 30 minutes and Gotham is 60, but other than that there's really no difference. Not sure what's different about Gotham.

I switched Gotham to record 5 minutes extra for next week. Next week is the fall finale, so if the recording doesn't work correctly, I won't be able to test again for several months.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Quote:
I ran some tests. Turned off overlap protection which made no difference. I also tested other recordings and seasons passes:

1. Set up three 30 minutes back to back recordings on same channel. Extended first by 2 minutes, other two by 1 minute. All recorded as expected.
2. Padded my Daily Show season pass by 1 minutes and I have a Colbert Report SP. Daily Show correctly recorded an extra minute.

Now these shows, were 30 minutes and Gotham is 60, but other than that there's really no difference. Not sure what's different about Gotham.

I switched Gotham to record 5 minutes extra for next week. Next week is the fall finale, so if the recording doesn't work correctly, I won't be able to test again for several months.
There's your problem. Everything in Gotham is corrupt!
CuriousMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
morac
Cat God

TiVo support told me to try changing the season pass to record 5 minutes extra. That worked. Not sure why 1 minute extra isn't working. I did change the season pass default to record 1 minute extra. I wonder if that's related?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
WorldBandRadio

Lurking here, as I have the same problem.
WorldBandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #8
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMark View Post
There's your problem. Everything in Gotham is corrupt!

Same show or different one? Also did you set up the default recording option to record a minute extra by default?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #9
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Did you mean to quote worldbandradio instead of me?

I was just teasing with an in-show reference. :-)
CuriousMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #10
morac
Cat God

Oops, yeah I meant to quote him.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #11
WorldBandRadio

Quote:
Oops, yeah I meant to quote him.
Different show(s).

The problem occurs so sporadically that I've not been able to even try to reproduce it reliably. I've been trying to track down the conditions that were present when it happened, but usually it is a few days before I notice the problem has occurred.

I see it occur once about a week.
WorldBandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote