TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Parkmad

Jumpy Video Issue

In the last two weeks, my wife and I have observed the video being jumpy (audio appears unaffected) while watching The Walking Dead on our Roamio. It doesn't occur during the commercials, only during the show content. It's also not occurring with any other live or recently recorded show. Normally I would attribute this to the channel or the recording and let it go.

However, when I watch the recording from the Roamio on our Premiere upstairs, it doesn't have the jumpiness. Does this mean the recorded program is ok and so is the playback? I'm not sure what tuner/heads are used when you view a program from one Tivo to another. In other words, when I watch a program recorded on the Roamio from my Premiere, does it "play" from the Roamio?

Parkmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkmad View Post
In the last two weeks, my wife and I have observed the video being jumpy (audio appears unaffected) while watching The Walking Dead on our Roamio. It doesn't occur during the commercials, only during the show content. It's also not occurring with any other live or recently recorded show. Normally I would attribute this to the channel or the recording and let it go.

However, when I watch the recording from the Roamio on our Premiere upstairs, it doesn't have the jumpiness. Does this mean the recorded program is ok and so is the playback? I'm not sure what tuner/heads are used when you view a program from one Tivo to another. In other words, when I watch a program recorded on the Roamio from my Premiere, does it "play" from the Roamio?
If you select a program on the Roamio's My Shows, then select Play, you are streaming the content. If you transfer the program, you will be watching a local copy even if you start watching right away. You will also have to delete the local copy.

Every time I try to play a program located on my Premiere from my Roamio, the Roamio reboots. So I don't do that.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
Parkmad

Thanks, I did determine the issue, but it wasn't Tivo related. It was actually a motion smoothing setting on my TV that was affecting the program. Weird, that it was only that one.

Parkmad is offline   Reply With Quote