TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #121
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We removed two items from "Browse TV & Movies" -- but it doesn't look like anyone noticed! (I guess we made the right call?)

--Margret
I used the favorites selection because the number of categories seemed large and required scrolling...
But I can live without it, it isn't a major issue....

John.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #122
Innerloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Here is an odd behavior, is anyone else seeing this:

In both the Live Guide and Grid Guide and Mini-Guide, The Current Days listings DO NOT have any NEW tags. I noticed this yesterday and today it is still doing it.

But if I move to tomorrow or a future date in the Guide the NEW tags are shown.
I noticed this as well, last night's Prime Time had no "NEW" tags in the Guide. I was beginning to think I had imagined that feature. But when I went ahead to tonight's prime time, they seemed all to be marked. Very strange.

There are things only a few hours out from today that are marked NEW still, so I'm not sure if its just a random quirk that occurred for guide data on Wednesday, or some type of sliding window where they disappear. We'll find out soon enough.

I assume NEW tagging is the responsibility of the content provider and guide listing provider, not Tivo. So its possible they just messed up, as often happens with guide data.
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #123
ufo4sale

Why were the filters removed from the live TV guide? I use them all the time during sporting events and movies. Is there a way that TiVo could consider brining them back.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #124
andyf

In the guide all shows marked NEW show their first aired date as the day before.

Edit: Actually it seems all shows first aired dates are 1 day behind actual.

Last edited by andyf : 01-12-2012 at 05:53 PM.
andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #125
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
A bug on MRV just came to light as I just got MRS last night, when watching a program from another TP using MRS at the end of the program you get the menu option delete or keep the program, if you select the delete, the TP will say you have deleted the program but it not true as the program is still on the other TP. You can delete it at that point by hitting the clear button or select the program and the menu gives you the delete option. You get the same option when watching a program on your TP itself (not using the MRS) that menu item at the end works as before.

Did you get the delete option by letting the program play all the way to the end or by hitting the TiVo button? When I let it play all the way to the end, the show is deleted. When I hit the TiVo button, it is not.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #126
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
In the guide all shows marked NEW show their first aired date as the day before.

Edit: Actually it seems all shows first aired dates are 1 day behind actual.
Confirmed- and added.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #127
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo4sale View Post
Why were the filters removed from the live TV guide? I use them all the time during sporting events and movies. Is there a way that TiVo could consider brining them back.
That is a pretty big change. Added.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #128
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Here is an odd behavior, is anyone else seeing this:

In both the Live Guide and Grid Guide and Mini-Guide, The Current Days listings DO NOT have any NEW tags. I noticed this yesterday and today it is still doing it.

But if I move to tomorrow or a future date in the Guide the NEW tags are shown.
My 20.2 TiVo does not display that behavior at all. I am looking at a "New" on a program for today on my screen.... right now; switch to grid- same thing.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #129
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
20.2 apparently does not prompt you when the Tuning Adapter goes Offline. You have to look at the Diagnostic to see that the TA is Disconnected. (My TA is hidden behind the AV cabinet so I cannot see the light)

I have had a few TA issues since 20.2 (none before)
When I am watching "live" TV in the HDUI and unplug the TA from the USB port, the screen goes blank and several seconds later, I get the no tuning adapter message on the screen.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #130
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We removed two items from "Browse TV & Movies" -- but it doesn't look like anyone noticed! (I guess we made the right call?)
Ah! You are teasing us
I have never used "Browse TV & Movies", so I would not notice if anything changed. Based on the other postings, it looks like I am not alone.

Hopefully someone will figure it out, or you will disclose it to us at some point!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #131
slice1900

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
[couple of nits: I think you mean CAPTIONS, not subtitles. And it's usually referred to as 1XFF, meaning it's the first of the three FF. 3X usually refers to the fastest FF. And yes, I know that 1XFF is about 3x the speed.]

This would be a HUGE backward shift for me. I watch 100% captions (I'm deaf) anyway. And I often will watch at 1XFF thru news shows and whatnot, using captions to keep up with what's being reported. If this is true, giant GIANT step backwards.
Unfortunately, I have been away for a week, and have missed the 20.2 rollout. No way to tell if I got it, or to validate any of these things I've been reading about for several days. I'm just hoping (if my Elite rec'd it) that it went with no trouble--no lockups, etc. I've got days & days of recordings set while I'm away.

Ditto! This is why Tivo's not having a changelog is such a problem. Was this an oversight that will be quickly fixed? Or deliberate and will remain this way forever?

If there was a setting available on my TiVo that could refuse this software update I would set it, if it will be this way forever I'll strongly consider selling my TiVo and using the substandard DVR my cable company offers. That's how big of a deal this is for me!!
slice1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #132
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
My 20.2 TiVo does not display that behavior at all. I am looking at a "New" on a program for today on my screen.... right now; switch to grid- same thing.
I am still having this issue. "New" tags were shown for tonight's Primetime, until I swapped back and forth between the Grid and Live Guide, Now the New tags are gone again for tonight on both guides.

I also confirm the First Aired Date is one day behind.

Last Night vs Tonight

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000092.jpg (61.6 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg P1000095.jpg (65.3 KB, 419 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 01-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #133
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I am still having this issue. "New" tags were shown for tonight's Primetime, until I swapped back and forth between the Grid and Live Guide, Now the New tags are gone again for tonight on both guides.
I will add it in the description.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #134
nrc
Cracker Soul

Quote:
Ah! You are teasing us
I have never used "Browse TV & Movies", so I would not notice if anything changed. Based on the other postings, it looks like I am not alone.

Hopefully someone will figure it out, or you will disclose it to us at some point!
I assume this is the old version, although I think this image is from just after the Premiere launch.

The fact that people don't use this to browse for Netflix is about 75% percent of the cause for complaints about the Netflix app. If it were easier or more obvious how to filter providers it might help.

Not entirely square

Last edited by nrc : 01-12-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: wrong screen
nrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #135
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc View Post
I assume this is the old version, although I think this image is from just after the Premiere launch.
Well, that made it easy to see "Top picks" and "My Favorites" were removed.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #136
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEddie View Post
I'd say so. Only time I go there is when TiVo does those Fall TV collections, so I can see what's new.
Oh, now that might be a reason to go into that section. I got curious and looked into it and did find mid-season premieres listed in there. That's a nice feature that I'll have to remember.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #137
moyekj

Quote:
Updated to version 15.
Remember to check the first posting to see the most current version: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...71#post8891071

Your feedback is important! Please report errors or things that are missing. Note that sometimes there is a delay before things are added/removed as I attempt to clarify or verify.
Second issue described here in this thread (issue with Recording History showing bogus will not records for repeat manual recordings) I don't see in your list:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...30#post8891130

I'm not the only one having a problem with it, see:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=481547

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #138
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Second issue described here in this thread (issue with Recording History showing bogus will not records for repeat manual recordings) I don't see in your list:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...30#post8891130

I'm not the only one having a problem with it, see:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=481547
Added. Was one that I was waiting to see if verification would appear, since I can't easily replicate.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #139
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Did you get the delete option by letting the program play all the way to the end or by hitting the TiVo button? When I let it play all the way to the end, the show is deleted. When I hit the TiVo button, it is not.
I used the TiVo button within the last 5 minutes, it still should delete the remote program if the menu said delete.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #140
cherry ghost

Quote:
3.2.1.6 It is no longer possible to highlight an entry and press clear to cancel the recording as was possible in the previous version of the guide. Now you have to select the entry and go through other menus outside of the guide.

I don't think it was ever possible to highlight an entry in the Guide and press clear to cancel a recording. Pressing clear anywhere in the Guide just gets rid of the Guide. You've always had to select the entry and go through other menus outside of the Guide. The difference now is that either there are more steps to go through outside the Guide to cancel or the option to cancel is not there and you are forced to go into the To Do List to cancel.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #141
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I don't think it was ever possible to highlight an entry in the Guide and press clear to cancel a recording. Pressing clear anywhere in the Guide just gets rid of the Guide. You've always had to select the entry and go through other menus outside of the Guide. The difference now is that either there are more steps to go through outside the Guide to cancel or the option to cancel is not there and you are forced to go into the To Do List to cancel.
Eeeew. I was trusting this from some other posting. Can a second person confirm that this was never possible or exactly what changed, if anything???
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #142
cherry ghost

Quote:
Eeeew. I was trusting this from some other posting. Can a second person confirm that this was never possible or exactly what changed, if anything???
Here's my original post in this thread about it

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...75#post8897875
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #143
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Here's my original post in this thread about it

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...75#post8897875
I reworded it, but it is about as clear as mud to me now Alternative short wording is welcome...
Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #144
rrr22777

How do I get this update. Mine is still on 14.9.1
rrr22777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #145
TerpBE
Go Terps!

If you type in a channel number with the guide up, it will stop after 4 digits (or however many yours is set to use). Previously it would "loop back" to the beginning of the channel number.

For example, let's say I want to go to channel 503 and I accidentally hit 5033. Previously I could just type "0503" and it would overwrite the channel, because the cursor skipped back to the beginning of the channel number. Now it just stops after 4 digits, so you're stuck going to 5033 before you can correct the mistake.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #146
cherry ghost

Quote:
I reworded it, but it is about as clear as mud to me now Alternative short wording is welcome...
Not sure if this will help and the quality isn't that great

When I select "Parks and Recreation" ---> "Season Pass & other options", there is an option to "Modify next recording" ---> "Cancel next recording". This would cancel the recording I selected because it is the next recording. There are no other episode airing on any channels between now and then. When I select "30 Rock" ---> "Season Pass & other options", the option is now "Record next episode". This is because between now and the time of the recording I'm selecting, 30 Rock is airing in reruns on various channels. The only way to delete the 30 Rock recording is to go to "Upcoming" and scroll down until I get to the episode and delete from there. Because it's a week away, there are many episodes to scroll past before I come to the one I'm trying to delete.

Last edited by cherry ghost : 01-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #147
jkudlacz

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr22777 View Post
Most of us got it by emailing margret @ Tivo.com and providing TIVO UNIT number, you can find it at tivo.com when you log into your account.

But I am not sure if she is still accepting individual requests.

This update should be rolling out to customers over next few weeks.
jkudlacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #148
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr22777 View Post
Just wait. You'll have it shortly.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #149
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
If you type in a channel number with the guide up, it will stop after 4 digits (or however many yours is set to use). Previously it would "loop back" to the beginning of the channel number.

For example, let's say I want to go to channel 503 and I accidentally hit 5033. Previously I could just type "0503" and it would overwrite the channel, because the cursor skipped back to the beginning of the channel number. Now it just stops after 4 digits, so you're stuck going to 5033 before you can correct the mistake.
This is apparently HDUI.

You said that was not the behavior before in the guide. But was it not the behavior before in live TV also? Because it doesn't wrap in live TV either...
Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #150
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I may have a new one I haven't seen anyone else comment on yet, since this is an action I regularly perform the response was not as expected.
SDUI
Watching a live show buffered with about 20 minutes delay, I pull up the guide, ask it to record a show in the guide, adjust the stop time and SP settings, when done it drops me to the guide at the END of the buffer, i.e. Live, having forgotten where I was in the buffer before setting up the recording.