Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #91
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I just noticed that Search By Title in the SDUI works differently then before. Before if you searched it would always show the next upcoming showing for every channel. Now it shows one listing for every program and when you click on it it's the same as selecting View Upcoming with a list of all upcoming showings. I like it!

Edit: Actually, playing with it more, it actually works more like the search in the HDUI. It finds shows with any reference to the word you're typing, not just an alphabetical list.
I am fairly sure that change occurred in 14.9, not in 20.2. Can anyone else please confirm this, please?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #92
n8jones

Hi, thanks for maintaining the 20.2 changelog message thread! One minor comment, below.

Item 3.2.2 should be moved into the SDUI Negative section, since Kid Zone isn't available in the HDUI.

"3.2.2 The KidZone dialog bug for the "Please Wait" dialog when selecting KidZone is still present. The dialog displays almost completely off the screen. This bug was introduced in 14.9."
n8jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #93
EldRick

Quote:
Can't you just use the up arrow to change resolutions? If you switch to 480, you should be able to change the aspect without having to deselect 720p.
That's the bug - you get to change the aspect ratio every time you switch channels, and the setting then carries over to the Tivo menu. the menu in 480i is not a thing of beauty...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #94
innocentfreak

TiVodesign just tweeted that Hulu results are now integrated into search for those of us with the latest update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #95
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

After modifying the "Season Pass Manager" priorities a message appears saying "Updating the ToDo List" -- a task still not done in the background and which may take several minutes

Not positive this is new:
When modifying the season pass recording options in the HDUI through search-> get this program..., the "A" button shortcuts to "Record Season Pass with these options"
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #96
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
After modifying the "Season Pass Manager" priorities a message appears saying "Updating the ToDo List" -- a task still not done in the background and which may take several minutes
This is why I use KMTTG to modify my season pass priorities. Not only is it easier, but it also does it in the background like the iPad App.

I wonder if the HDUI version will change this.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #97
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
I am fairly sure that change occurred in 14.9, not in 20.2. Can anyone else please confirm this, please?
Maybe. I only have one Premiere and several S3 units, so I don't search that much on the Premiere.

Either way it's a welcome improvement over what I'm use to on the S3 units.

One thing I verified is NOT fixed is the audio bug with SD recordings and the trick play sounds that was introduced in 14.8. If you're playing an SD recording and hit FF 3 times you hear the first Bee Doop but not the second or 3rd. Most people probably don't even notice this one though since HD recordings don't play the trick play sounds at all due to the AC3 audio.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #98
EldRick

Re. 2.2, I'm no longer seeing this artifact - it may have been related to post-SW-upgrade tasks contending with user activity.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #99
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Maybe. I only have one Premiere and several S3 units, so I don't search that much on the Premiere.

Either way it's a welcome improvement over what I'm use to on the S3 units.

One thing I verified is NOT fixed is the audio bug with SD recordings and the trick play sounds that was introduced in 14.8. If you're playing an SD recording and hit FF 3 times you hear the first Bee Doop but not the second or 3rd. Most people probably don't even notice this one though since HD recordings don't play the trick play sounds at all due to the AC3 audio.

Dan
And some of us have DD on all SD channels too like here on FiOS. So we never here those.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #100
cherry ghost

Here's something I didn't know and it may not be new.

In menus that offer the viewing window, you can toggle it on/off with the SLOW button. This can't be done when the guide is up.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #101
jrtroo
User

sorry- not new. I have used that since I got my Premiere well over a year ago. I don't think this does anything when in the new guide, however.
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #102
jkudlacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Can't you just use the up arrow to change resolutions? If you switch to 480, you should be able to change the aspect without having to deselect 720p.
I can make those changes on my TV. Just hitting up button and going through different resolutions until I hit 1080i.
jkudlacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #103
gteague
golftango

things i've observed so far:

setting the clock (sps9s) results in it being displayed center in the hd menus. this was causing very bad screen drawing, re-drawing, and data population problems on my box. toggling off the clock solved the problem completely.

the hd menus are very much more responsive and fast enough that i could for the very first time bear to use them on a daily basis. except ... there are way too many jarring re-draw changes when you transition from one mode or screen to another. i don't see how audio and video dropouts and resolution changes can be acceptable in any situation whatsoever although, given a trade-off between speed and an assault on my eyes, i'd have to give the edge to the speed as they were completely unusable before this os release and now they merely induce headache if i spend more than 15 minutes in the menus.

and a question on function: with the tivo live guide up--channels on the left and times/shows on the right--i see a future recording with two check marks in the right frame that i want to cancel. before i would just select it and hit the 'clear' button. now here's what i have to do:

select show by hitting the select button
cursor down to 'season pass & other options'
<endure a jarring, 3 second transition to another screen>
cursor over and down to 'modify next recording'
cursor over and select 'cancel next recording'
confirm that i do indeed want to cancel the recording
<endure another jarring video transition going back to guide>

now i realize i can get out of the guide completely and go into the todo list where my 'clear' command works as it used to. but the procedure above completely removes most of the benefit of having upcoming recordings flagged in the guide and you just cannot imagine how bitterly i've complained about this being missing over the last 6 years. sure hope i'm missing a quicker way here.

/guy

Last edited by gteague : 01-12-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: changed 'sd' to 'hd' in 1st & 2nd grafs
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #104
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Re. 2.2, I'm no longer seeing this artifact - it may have been related to post-SW-upgrade tasks contending with user activity.
Removed, since it was never verified either.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #105
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
Not positive this is new:
When modifying the season pass recording options in the HDUI through search-> get this program..., the "A" button shortcuts to "Record Season Pass with these options"
I don't want to sound dense, but I am not sure I understand your description....
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #106
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
things i've observed so far:

setting the clock (sps9s) results in it being displayed center in the sd menus. this was causing very bad screen drawing, re-drawing, and data population problems on my box. toggling off the clock solved the problem completely.
Note added to existing entry.

Quote:
the sd menus are very much more responsive and fast enough that i could for the very first time bear to use them on a daily basis. [...]
Did you mean HDUI or SDUI? I don't see any difference in the SDUI performance. And it has always been fast enought for regular use...

Quote:
and a question on function: with the tivo live guide up--channels on the left and times/shows on the right--i see a future recording with two check marks in the right frame that i want to cancel. before i would just select it and hit the 'clear' button. now here's what i have to do:
Interesting find. Can someone verify this HDUI behavior change? For now I will just add it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #107
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I never had any idea so many people wanted a stupid clock on their screen. I don't even want a NBC or CBS logo or whatever on my screen. Why would you want more crap on the screen than they already force down your throat? I have a $4 clock sitting next to the TiVo.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #108
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
I never had any idea so many people wanted a stupid clock on their screen. I don't even want a NBC or CBS logo or whatever on my screen. Why would you want more crap on the screen than they already force down your throat? I have a $4 clock sitting next to the TiVo.
LOL!
I have to admit, I am perplexed by the demand also. I *hate* anything on my screen while trying to watch TV, just like you. Besides, I have a wall clock just a few feet away. But, to each, his own!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #109
gteague
golftango

for me, it's not so much the clock as the time-counter which tells you where you are in the show. i know you can simply hit 'play' to bring up the bottom status bar but most of my tv is a background activity and i like it to be as hands-off as possible.

right at the moment i'm testing out the hd menus and have had to remove the clock and i keep looking up at 'hell on wheels' recording playing wondering how far from the end it is. perhaps if it were a better show i wouldn't look so often! [g]

/guy
Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #110
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Here is an odd behavior, is anyone else seeing this:

In both the Live Guide and Grid Guide and Mini-Guide, The Current Days listings DO NOT have any NEW tags. I noticed this yesterday and today it is still doing it.

But if I move to tomorrow or a future date in the Guide the NEW tags are shown.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 01-11-2012 at 11:54 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #111
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

You missed some things...

We removed two items from "Browse TV & Movies" -- but it doesn't look like anyone noticed! (I guess we made the right call?)

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #112
cherry ghost

Quote:

select show by hitting the select button
cursor down to 'season pass & other options'
<endure a jarring, 3 second transition to another screen>
cursor over and down to 'modify next recording'
cursor over and select 'cancel next recording'
confirm that i do indeed want to cancel the recording
<endure another jarring video transition going back to guide>

now i realize i can get out of the guide completely and go into the todo list where my 'clear' command works as it used to. but the procedure above completely removes most of the benefit of having upcoming recordings flagged in the guide and you just cannot imagine how bitterly i've complained about this being missing over the last 6 years. sure hope i'm missing a quicker way here.

/guy
Quote:
Interesting find. Can someone verify this HDUI behavior change? For now I will just add it.

I can verify it with a couple of twists.

If the season pass recording is the next episode set to air, regardless of channel, it's as he states.

If there are are other episodes airing before it, reruns on a different channel, "Modify next recording" isn't there at all. Instead, you get "Record next episode". There is no way to cancel the recording without going to the To Do List. There is, however, a new option(to me at least) under "Season Pass options" to "Get another Season Pass". This lets you set up a Season Pass for the show on a different channel than the one you already have it on.

If someone wants to test the above, pick a show you have a Season Pass for but isn't yet in reruns and then a show you have a Season Pass for but know is also airing in reruns on a different channel prior to the recording you're selecting. My choices were "Parks and Recreation" and "30 Rock"
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #113
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We removed two items from "Browse TV & Movies" -- but it doesn't look like anyone noticed! (I guess we made the right call?)

--Margret
I wouldn't notice if the whole feature was removed. I never used it. If I'm looking for something to watch, I look at my shows and the guide. If I find nothing there, I look at hulu. If I'm looking for something in particular, use search. If I find nothing there I read my kindle. (I would check amazon, but amazon prime isn't supported, so...)
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #114
gteague
golftango

Quote:
<del>

the sd menus are very much more responsive and fast enough that i could for the very first time bear to use them on a daily basis. <del>
Quote:
<del>
Did you mean HDUI or SDUI? I don't see any difference in the SDUI performance. And it has always been fast enought for regular use...
<del>
very sorry. of course i meant hd instead of sd here.

/guy
Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #115
gteague
golftango

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
I wouldn't notice if the whole feature was removed. I never used it. If I'm looking for something to watch, I look at my shows and the guide. <del>
+1 same here.

/guy
Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #116
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

20.2 apparently does not prompt you when the Tuning Adapter goes Offline. You have to look at the Diagnostic to see that the TA is Disconnected. (My TA is hidden behind the AV cabinet so I cannot see the light)

I have had a few TA issues since 20.2 (none before)

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #117
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
I wouldn't notice if the whole feature was removed. I never used it. If I'm looking for something to watch, I look at my shows and the guide. If I find nothing there, I look at hulu. If I'm looking for something in particular, use search. If I find nothing there I read my kindle. (I would check amazon, but amazon prime isn't supported, so...)
Hmm I am now curious though and will have to glance at it tonight. I am the same way though. With so much recorded content at hand, I can't keep up as it is so I rarely go into that section.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #118
P42

Quote:
1.1.4 Supposedly, the OTA tuners appear to be able to lock onto more channels than previously. When scanning OTA for channels, it will find more stations.
Can anyone add more detail to this update? Does it mean that weak signal channels that were previously not locked in, will now be locked in - however, if the signal is weak won't it be pixelated? And therefore what is the point.
Or are they also doing a better job with these weak signals, and making them watchable?

Single Tivo, OTA, SDUI user.
P42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #119
TrueEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post

--Margret
I'd say so. Only time I go there is when TiVo does those Fall TV collections, so I can see what's new.
TrueEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #120
lessd

A bug on MRV just came to light as I just got MRS last night, when watching a program from another TP using MRS at the end of the program you get the menu option delete or keep the program, if you select the delete, the TP will say you have deleted the program but it not true as the program is still on the other TP. You can delete it at that point by hitting the clear button or select the program and the menu gives you the delete option. You get the same option when watching a program on your TP itself (not using the MRS) that menu item at the end works as before.