TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #61
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjw1 View Post
@tivodesign: "We've turned on Multi-Room Streaming for Premieres running 20.2 as of this morning. (Connect to the TiVo Service now to enable.)"
My four TPs were updated as of last night, I have made two call home connections one last night and one this morning, still no MRS. Does MRS take a few days after the update to take hold ?

OK I got my answer, it will take some time for new people who just got the V20.2 update to get MRS turned on.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #62
andyf

MRS was only turned on for TiVos that were updated on the first round. Margret is seeing if she can get the rest of the systems turned on later this week, if not then Monday.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #63
sbiller

Tuning Adapter issue with 20.2

I was playing around with MRS trying to turn my 2-tuner Premiere into a 6-tuner by leveraging the extra tuners of my remote Elite when I encountered a problem. One of the channels (#1221) was blank when I started up the remote stream via the play button. When I went over to the source Elite I was getting an error. The youtube video below documents the problem. Its interesting that when I stop the recording the channel immediately tunes.

Tuning Adapter [B]Issue[/B] with 20.2

sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #64
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejet View Post
I noticed a bug last night. Had two programs recording and while in the guide i could not change channels... meaning, normally you can pick a program in the guide and Tivo will warn you that you have to cancel a recording.. it did it once, i didnt allow it to change, but then later on tried another show and "select" did nothing.. did not bring up the warning nor change to the channel i wanted.

I had to go to my shows.. cancel the recording manually, then i was able to change the channel.
I had the same thing happen the other day. Both tuners were recording, and it wouldn't let me change the channel either by typing in the number or selecting something from the guide. I had to manually stop one of the recordings before I could choose another channel.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem again, though.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #65
fhuband

Problem: Subtitltles no longer visible on ff1

I often like to do a 3x ff to skim through boring parts of shows, with subtitles on so that I can get a better sense of what is happening. After 20.2. subtitles no longer show up in 3x ff.

Very disappointing. I could "watch" shows of marginal (but some) interest prior to 20.2 much faster.

I hope this can be fixed.

Frank
fhuband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #66
EldRick

Updated last night. There are many SD menu transitions where you get a very brief visible flash of squashed menu before the destination menu appears, almost as if it making a resolution change in between, and screwing it up. I didn't test this with HD menus, as they are still to slow for my taste.

It does feel faster and "smoother" in the SD menus as well as the HD, although the new 4-item Discovery bar is still a bit annoying to me.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #67
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
MRS was only turned on for TiVos that were updated on the first round. Margret is seeing if she can get the rest of the systems turned on later this week, if not then Monday.
Does anybody know if MRS will work if one is using the SDUI on the TPs ??

Old 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #68
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Does anybody know if MRS will work if one is using the SDUI on the TPs ??
Yes. In fact even when using HDUI when you browse the remote (host) TiVo My Shows page it is still displayed using SDUI interface.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #69
reneg

Concerning, 1.2.1 The Select-Play-Select-9-Play code for displaying the on-screen clock and play-time-remaining during replays is gone and there is no replacement.

I can report that losing this feature has a high, negative S.A.F. (Spousal Acceptance Factor) for this new release. Having been Tivo customers since the series 1 days, both the spouse and I have grown accustomed to the clock display and miss it dearly. Hoping, the clock can be reenabled, correctly in a future update.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #70
steve771

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I believe that the "New" mentioned in 3.1.7 was there in 14.9.2 - I noticed it there yesterday.

If correct, that's huge! I'm Very tired of having to dismiss the obnoxious exhortations to watch "Morning Joe". These annoying forced interstitials alone are enough to keep me from ever taking a look at the show.
Agreed! Especially since us OTA users couldn't get 'Morning Joe' even if we wanted to.
steve771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #71
xander777

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
Concerning, 1.2.1 The Select-Play-Select-9-Play code for displaying the on-screen clock and play-time-remaining during replays is gone and there is no replacement.

I can report that losing this feature has a high, negative S.A.F. (Spousal Acceptance Factor) for this new release. Having been Tivo customers since the series 1 days, both the spouse and I have grown accustomed to the clock display and miss it dearly. Hoping, the clock can be reenabled, correctly in a future update.
It's still there. You have to press Select once and then you can do SPS9S.
Unfortunately, it shows up dead center in the screen.
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #72
xander777

Interesting acticle on what may be coming next: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2012-01/...next-for-tivo/
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #73
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
3.2.8 The select button brings up the info banner now which disrupts entering SPS codes. However, you can still enter SPS code while playing a Showcase video or while the Info banner is up.
The select button brings up the mini guide. Another way to enter SPS codes is to temporarily switch to the SDUI.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #74
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander777 View Post
It's still there. You have to press Select once and then you can do SPS9S.
Unfortunately, it shows up dead center in the screen.
I've seen the posts on how to enable SPS9S, but the clock placement being in the middle of the screen makes it unusable in my household.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #75
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I've seen the posts on how to enable SPS9S, but the clock placement being in the middle of the screen makes it unusable in my household.
If you switch to SDUI then it is correctly displayed in lower right corner.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #76
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes!, but if you go back to the HDUI it (the clock) goes to the middle of the screen.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #77
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I probably should have provided a bit more background. My spouse is non-technical and has never been exposed to anything other than the SDUI on Tivo. I'm trying to make the jump to the HDUI, but the clock was the biggest issue my spouse raised with the HDUI. She's fine with the performance, she's fine with the discovery bar and mini guide, but now having the clock work the way it did is almost a HDUI showstopper for her.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #78
steve771

Are the channel logos supposed to display on the guide?

What I see, for example: 3-1 KSNVDT

The callsign letters aren't really helpful at all, is there a way to get a network logo there instead? I ask because earlier it was mentioned the logos were newly updated, and I see them in the channel banner, but not on the guide.
steve771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #79
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhuband View Post
I often like to do a 3x ff to skim through boring parts of shows, with subtitles on so that I can get a better sense of what is happening. After 20.2. subtitles no longer show up in 3x ff.

Very disappointing. I could "watch" shows of marginal (but some) interest prior to 20.2 much faster.

Frank
Really? Subtitles work while not in normal speed play??? I had no idea! Were you/are you in HDUI, SDUI, or does it apply to both?

Similar but different topic- One thing I have always wanted was what I can do with my DVD player. It has an adjustable "fast play" mode, where it will play faster and adjust the tone of the sound down, so you can watch programs where the plot is too slow, or things are just dragging. Would LOVE to see that on TiVo.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #80
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
The select button brings up the mini guide. Another way to enter SPS codes is to temporarily switch to the SDUI.
Fixed, thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
This behavior is not consistent when pressing Select during a recording playback.
I have yet to figure out why the mini-guide would appear when pressing select during a recording playback. Seems a bit odd. I am torn as to if this is a good thing or a bad thing, especially since if you press select again, thinking you are going to exit the guide, you don't- you get taken immediately to the program under the cursor (which is, actually, quite logical).

I will clarify the entry, though.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #82
Philmatic

From http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/26...with-prototype

1. TiVo says it's been using Adobe Air instead of (now-deprecated) Flash, and it's still working to improve performance and caching across the system with every new update.
2. TiVo also says it just hired a new engineer to lead up a larger API effort to expand the number of apps on its platform, including more interactive apps that let you directly engage with what you're watching

NICE!
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #83
windracer
joined the 10k club

My sister's Premiere has the problem in My Shows when Groups are on sometimes recordings disappear (like this guy reported here). Anyone know if this is fixed in 20.2? It drives her nuts but I've never seen the problem on my on box.

|
windracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #84
aaronwt
HD Addict

My XL had no problem reading/writing seven concurrent HD streams, unlike last year when streaming was accidentally enabled and it would reboot.(Recording 2, streaming 3 to other Premieres, 1 Amazon download, and 1 previously recorded show.)

I wish i still had my other Premieres to see how many streams to other Premieres it could do.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #85
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:

Frank
[couple of nits: I think you mean CAPTIONS, not subtitles. And it's usually referred to as 1XFF, meaning it's the first of the three FF. 3X usually refers to the fastest FF. And yes, I know that 1XFF is about 3x the speed.]

This would be a HUGE backward shift for me. I watch 100% captions (I'm deaf) anyway. And I often will watch at 1XFF thru news shows and whatnot, using captions to keep up with what's being reported. If this is true, giant GIANT step backwards.

Unfortunately, I have been away for a week, and have missed the 20.2 rollout. No way to tell if I got it, or to validate any of these things I've been reading about for several days. I'm just hoping (if my Elite rec'd it) that it went with no trouble--no lockups, etc. I've got days & days of recordings set while I'm away.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #86
fhuband

Thanks for the nit corrections.

The lack of captions at the first ff speed exists for both hd and sd displays.

Another problem is that the listing for the size in Gb for individual programs is totally wrong (in general it lists 0.0) for sd display, but is correct for hd display.

Frank
fhuband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #87
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
The lack of captions at the first ff speed exists for both hd and sd displays.
Added

Quote:
Another problem is that the listing for the size in Gb for individual programs is totally wrong (in general it lists 0.0) for sd display, but is correct for hd display.
That is a carryover from 14.9. Re-added.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #88
EldRick

Somewhat lame workaround for 4.3 is to disable 720p in the Video settings. This means that you can watch 480i either at 480 with aspect ratio choices, or upscale it to 1080.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #89
Dan203
Super Moderator

I just noticed that Search By Title in the SDUI works differently then before. Before if you searched it would always show the next upcoming showing for every channel. Now it shows one listing for every program and when you click on it it's the same as selecting View Upcoming with a list of all upcoming showings. I like it!

Edit: Actually, playing with it more, it actually works more like the search in the HDUI. It finds shows with any reference to the word you're typing, not just an alphabetical list.

I also really like the new consistent background between menus. It's cleaner and less jarring from one to the next.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #90
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick
Somewhat lame workaround for 4.3 is to disable 720p in the Video settings. This means that you can watch 480i either at 480 with aspect ratio choices, or upscale it to 1080.
Can't you just use the up arrow to change resolutions? If you switch to 480, you should be able to change the aspect without having to deselect 720p.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote