TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #631
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
But what about all the basic channels that can be tuned with a simple cable ready TV without a cable card? That is the issue here. The Premiere has (supposedly) lost the ability to tune QAM channels on unsubscribed boxes.
To me, this suggests TiVo is catering to the cable companies more than ever these days.
I just did a channel scan on a never sub TiVo (way passed the 7 days) and it worked great, got all the HD network channels that Comcast has in clear QAM. The software is the newest 20.2.1. As said before you do not get any guide data and with the new software you can't get out of the HDUI menu, another restriction TiVo just put in.
So now an un-sub TiVo can scan clear QAM, can't pause or use the 30 minute buffer, and can't get out of HDUI.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #632
newsposter
Poster of News

i dont know if this is a new feature but a new OTA was added and tivo let me know and added it automatically

when i had directv they didnt let me know of such things

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #633
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i dont know if this is a new feature but a new OTA was added and tivo let me know and added it automatically

when i had directv they didnt let me know of such things
No That is not new. When they get a new channel into the guide data, they send an update
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #634
HazelW

SD issues

I only use the SD menus and have noticed the following changes that I have not seen mentioned here.

The suggestions folder used to have a special logo for all suggested recordings. Now it assigns at random logo.

The skip to tick while in FF mode sometimes skips way past the next tick.

When changing channels the banner showing the show info used to appear. Now just a channel banner with show title appears.
HazelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #635
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
When changing channels the banner showing the show info used to appear. Now just a channel banner with show title appears.
Not really sure if I like this one or not (I'm on SDUI also). I kinda liked the full info screen.
astrohip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #636
moyekj

Seems like another change with 20.2.2 is that ARWLs now record on highest numbered channels instead of lowest number channels. Recently there was a new sports channel added to my lineup with both SD channel (65) & HD channel (1065) versions, and I didn't remove the SD version from lineup yet but the ARWL is recording from the higher channel number HD channel. In the past I had to remove SD versions of channels to make sure ARWLs recorded from HD channels instead.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote