Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #571
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudzola View Post
Just got a call today from a "Janice" at Cox-PHX advising that they have tested the new software and the Plus channels now can be viewed. She indicated that the software version was 20.2.1.M4-01-2-746 and was advised by Tivo that it would be available on or about March 31st.
Really great news. Because this is NOT just affecting Cox in Northern VA and Arizona. It is certainly happening in Hampton Roads too. A friend of mine is furious at both TiVo and Cox about missing/untunable channels. This pretty much explains what is going on: http://www.tvpredictions.com/cox091911.htm
Old 03-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #572
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudzola View Post
Just got a call today from a "Janice" at Cox-PHX advising that they have tested the new software and the Plus channels now can be viewed. She indicated that the software version was 20.2.1.M4-01-2-746 and was advised by Tivo that it would be available on or about March 31st.
I suppose an equivalent patch will never come to the Series 3 in the U.S. Even though we know they're capable of handling h.264 over QAM, because they do it in New Zealand, with software version 11.3.

But, I digress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #573
bbrown9

todo list display goes wonky

I just noticed this in the last couple of days. I don't know for sure if it's 20.2 related or not.

When you view the todo list, sometimes the display flashes funny and the first few programs that were listed no longer show up. If you left arrow to exit the todo list and then go back in, the shows that went missing are back.

Anyone else see this?
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #574
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

todo list display goes wonky

Yes, mine often does that and has since 20.2, sometimes it all disappears, channel up and channel down usually bring it back without exiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #575
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
I just noticed this in the last couple of days. I don't know for sure if it's 20.2 related or not.

When you view the todo list, sometimes the display flashes funny and the first few programs that were listed no longer show up. If you left arrow to exit the todo list and then go back in, the shows that went missing are back.

Anyone else see this?
It's probably a linked list, and sometimes the pointers get messed up. I've seen it too, sometimes as a result of canceling a recording. As long as it's only a display issue, I don't get too worried.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #576
ghuido

LEts just make sure we start a new one for the Spring Update .... :-) someone post a link to it here in case I miss it in the main post. This was a great thread for 20.2
ghuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #577
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghuido View Post
LEts just make sure we start a new one for the Spring Update .... :-) someone post a link to it here in case I miss it in the main post. This was a great thread for 20.2
People all over are now getting 20.2a updates, I will assume its not the Spring update, but still may mess up this thread as nobody has reported anything new with 20.2a yet. (one person did said they are now getting re-boots that did not happen before this 20.2a update)

Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #578
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
People all over are now getting 20.2a updates, I will assume its not the Spring update, but still may mess up this thread as nobody has reported anything new with 20.2a yet. (one person did said they are now getting re-boots that did not happen before this 20.2a update)
20.2a is probably maintenance and the enabling (on Tivo's side) of Xfinity onDemand in the Bay Area. Based on the post by @tivodeisgn on Twitter that the boxes would be getting a small update this week for xfinity TV.

We all get the update regardless of our location since we could move. I believe the patch probably install the app and is waiting for activation. Our Tivo Box activates the program when comcast sends a activation single in your area.

Last edited by rhettf : 04-06-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: clarification
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #579
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettf View Post
20.2a is probably maintenance and the enabling (on Tivo's side) of Xfinity onDemand in the Bay Area. Based on the post by @tivodeisgn on Twitter that the boxes would be getting a small update this week for xfinity TV.
But people without Comcast and not in the Bay Area are getting the update. See http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...08#post9035708

Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #580
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Indeed, the 20.2a is not the "Spring Update". I am thinking of it as more of a patch to enable features for those on just one cable network. I plan to ignore 20.2a but I do plan to create another change/bug log thread for the "Spring Update".

Last edited by crxssi : 04-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #581
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
But people without Comcast and not in the Bay Area are getting the update.
We all get the update regardless - Tivo doesn't have a way to make the update based on your location. What if you move to the bay area soon?

I said its Maintenance and comcast xfinity for the bay area. Since Comcast will roll the service out to every tivo in due time.

If Tivo already installed the patch that allows the access, the only thing left is the comcast activation ping via your coax cable.

Make Sense? Tivo is saving resources by not fragmenting there software and usually software is fragmented and not updated by Tivo ONLY when you get a tivo from your Cable Co.

Last edited by rhettf : 04-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #582
curiousgeorge

Got a weird (what I assume is a) bug on a Premiere yesterday. Trying to swap tuner using info button, but instead of the two tuners and A-B functionality, the swap was moved to the bottom of the icons on the left and had multiple record button icons instead. When I went down to it, I got a LIST of the tuners. I'm assuming this is some kind of Elte thing to manage 4 tuners, but this wasn't on an Elite, and after a while I couldn't get it to come up like that again - went back to the "normal" way.
curiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #583
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
Got a weird (what I assume is a) bug on a Premiere yesterday. Trying to swap tuner using info button, but instead of the two tuners and A-B functionality, the swap was moved to the bottom of the icons on the left and had multiple record button icons instead. When I went down to it, I got a LIST of the tuners. I'm assuming this is some kind of Elte thing to manage 4 tuners, but this wasn't on an Elite, and after a while I couldn't get it to come up like that again - went back to the "normal" way.
20.2 changed the tuner swap button listed in the info screen to a list of the tuners and what they are recording. It is fairly useless for the Premiere since there's only two tuners. It's simply easier to use the Live TV button to switch tuners.

BTW sometimes the list of tuners are on the top of the info screen and sometimes on the bottom. I think it depends whether or not you are watching a recording or in live TV. I don't think it's a bug, but I consider it a design flaw.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #584
lpwcomp

Actually, on the 2-tuner Premiere, the Live TV info display does not have a tuner list button. Each tuner has its own button, the top one is always the current tuner. This is essentially the same button arrangement as the SDUI except for the removal of the Parental Control button and flip-flopping the audio and CC buttons. Dunno about an Elite.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #585
curiousgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Actually, on the 2-tuner Premiere, the Live TV info display does not have a tuner list button. Each tuner has its own button, the top one is always the current tuner. This is essentially the same button arrangement as the SDUI except for the removal of the Parental Control button and flip-flopping the audio and CC buttons. Dunno about an Elite.
This is what I'm talking about. We didn't get the two tuner display. For a short time, we got the "newer" 4 tuner display with the tuners on the bottom of the listing and only one tuner listed on the left panel. When you selected that one, you got the listing on the right. It sucked. Fortunately, it went back to "normal" after a little while.
curiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #586
lpwcomp

Strangely enough, I have a new bug to report. Using the HDUI, if you have a Season Pass for a show on one channel, you cannot create a Season Pass for the same show on a different channel. You have to switch to the SDUI.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #587
proudx

BUG in HDUI: channel up and down buttons do not scroll through episodes in folder

new bug to report, channel up and down do not scroll through next episodes or recordings in a folder.

example select Office folder with multiple office episodes, pick an episode. Now see description for office episode picked, channel up and down do not scroll through other office episodes in same folder.

Last edited by proudx : 05-02-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: title change
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #588
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Strangely enough, I have a new bug to report. Using the HDUI, if you have a Season Pass for a show on one channel, you cannot create a Season Pass for the same show on a different channel. You have to switch to the SDUI.
sure you can.. I do this for Friends on TBS and Nickelodeon.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #589
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post
new bug to report, channel up and down do not scroll through next episodes or recordings in a folder.

example select Office folder with multiple office episodes, pick an episode. Now see description for office episode picked, channel up and down do not scroll through other office episodes in same folder.
How is that a bug? Isnt the function there supposed to be the arrow pad
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #590
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd

It's a bug because it doesn't work the same way that it does in the SD UI, though in this case it's more of a design flaw than a bug.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #591
fastoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
sure you can.. I do this for Friends on TBS and Nickelodeon.
Worked fine for me too. I did it last night.
fastoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #592
proudx

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
the arrow pad works fine iwhen operating at the top level of a folder in single list mode. I am talking about once an episode/show is selected and you move into detailed mode for the episode, showing title, descriptions, etc the channel up and channel down buttons should take you to additional detailed listing of other episodes/shows in the same folder.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #593
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoy View Post
Worked fine for me too. I did it last night.
Razzlefratz. I know that when I tried it yesterday and the first time I tried it today, the "Get another Season Pass" option wasn't there. I don't think I'm quite that blind. Crud. The really sad thing is, I was only doing this to "help" an obnoxious new member. See this thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=486671

Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #594
lpwcomp

Quote:
the arrow pad works fine iwhen operating at the top level of a folder in single list mode. I am talking about once an episode/show is selected and you move into detailed mode for the episode, showing title, descriptions, etc the channel up and channel down buttons should take you to additional detailed listing of other episodes/shows in the same folder.
Did that ever work in the HDUI?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #595
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
It's a bug because it doesn't work the same way that it does in the SD UI, though in this case it's more of a design flaw than a bug.
It is a design flaw, not a bug. And it has been discussed on the forum before. The HDUI has never supported using the chan up/down to scroll through programs while looking at the details of one. That has always been an SDUI feature only.

It would be very nice if they added that to the HDUI, however...
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #596
ghuido

Don't know if anyone reported this before in this post.

Last night the internet died on my Home Network. I did something funny and the entire DNS/Routing went down the toilet. As I was fixing it, The wife reported that the TIVO was slow to response to Remote commands. As in it took 30 seconds to respond to a remote command. if you started watching live tv you where fine but browsing the HD Guide caused it to be pretty much unresponsive with a huge lag.

Once I fixed the network, it went back to normal. Don't know if this has something to do with the HD Menu catching the ads and banner stuff on top. Just seems like a design flaw if your home network goes loopy the HD Menu goes loopy.
ghuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #597
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghuido View Post
Don't know if anyone reported this before in this post.

Last night the internet died on my Home Network. I did something funny and the entire DNS/Routing went down the toilet. As I was fixing it, The wife reported that the TIVO was slow to response to Remote commands. As in it took 30 seconds to respond to a remote command. if you started watching live tv you where fine but browsing the HD Guide caused it to be pretty much unresponsive with a huge lag.

Once I fixed the network, it went back to normal. Don't know if this has something to do with the HD Menu catching the ads and banner stuff on top. Just seems like a design flaw if your home network goes loopy the HD Menu goes loopy.
This has been talk about before and unfortunately its true, the TP needs the Internet to function normally in the HDUI mode, no such requirement in the SDUI mode, that one of a number of reasons my family stills uses the SDUI on all our TPs.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #598
proudx

I did a search to see if someone else noticed this bug too, and found this thread.
(
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...39#post9084739

Echo:
Sometimes, when I fast forward through a program and come to a stop, the audio has an extremely echo sound. When I hit the 8-second back button the audio returns to normal. Weird. )

I too have noticed this.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #599
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I did a search to see if someone else noticed this bug too, and found this thread. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...39#post9084739
(Thread from early October 2011)

Quote:
Sometimes, when I fast forward through a program and come to a stop, the audio has an extremely echo sound. When I hit the 8-second back button the audio returns to normal. Weird. I too have noticed this.
Do you have a home theater (amplifier) and TV audio sound going at the same time?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #600
proudx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
(Thread from early October 2011)

Do you have a home theater (amplifier) and TV audio sound going at the same time?
no, my output is component video and rca left and right analog audio out.