txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
In what way is this relevant?
Sorry quoted wrong post. Should have been this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
Don't know if this applies to anything but when playing a previously recorded show on the HDUI, using the left arrow at the end of the show doesnt end said show and ask if you'd like to keep or delete it but instead continues to play what's left of it "credits" and goes back to your Now Playing / My Shows list.

I rather liked that behavior.
Anyhow, if you pause and then left arrow (near end of show), it will drop you to NPL without asking to Keep or Delete. Left arrow without pausing first (near end of show) will ask as it always did.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #452
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Anyhow, if you pause and then left arrow (near end of show), it will drop you to NPL without asking to Keep or Delete. Left arrow without pausing first (near end of show) will ask as it always did.
I'm pretty sure that's not new in 20.2. I do know it changed a while back, but I'm not sure which software version it was. It could be around the same time where they made it so you can use trick play (i.e. rewind or instant replay) to get out of the "Keep/Delete" prompt.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #453
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
[network speed]Yes, I see the same with a regular Premiere.
I went to add it, only to find I had already done so- 1.2.7. But I added a quick estimate of 12%
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #454
TiVo_Fanatic

Since the main posts list 20.2 bugs and what not I thought I would throw this out there.

This just a minute ago happened to me, grant it it's the first time but still.

Any way, I'm using the HDUI which I don't know if it matters but I was watching 1 channel, and have been for the past hr or so and for some weird reason just got pushed to another. Remotes off to my side with nothing around it so it wasnt a butt dial like some might do with a phone in the back pocket.

Interested in trying to earn a free PSVita, then check
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
out & PM me for help.
TiVo_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #455
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I think that's just the TiVo switching automatically to record a Suggestion. It will do that without prompting if you've gone long enough without touching the remote. (Not new.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #456
TiVo_Fanatic

Quote:
I think that's just the TiVo switching automatically to record a Suggestion. It will do that without prompting if you've gone long enough without touching the remote. (Not new.)
That would be fine if I had suggestions on and one of the red rings lit up. Besides that, even if I did have suggestions on and a red ring did light up, it would have switched over on one of the "hidden" tuners since at the time of the incident all tuners were available.

Interested in trying to earn a free PSVita, then check
out & PM me for help.
TiVo_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #457
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Sorry quoted wrong post. Should have been this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
Don't know if this applies to anything but when playing a previously recorded show on the HDUI, using the left arrow at the end of the show doesnt end said show and ask if you'd like to keep or delete it but instead continues to play what's left of it "credits" and goes back to your Now Playing / My Shows list.

I rather liked that behavior.

I understood that was what you were referring to. The problem is that your post is still not relevant since it doesn't account for the behavior he described. If you pause it, it will stay paused. It won't continue to play.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #458
b_scott
TiVo Fan

there seems to no longer be a way to enter the quick clear code. Since select brings up the mini guide. I guess this is gone for good?
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #459
gteague
golftango

you can still enter it from a suitable showcase item or from the sd menus but you have to have one of the ads that show up on pause. i've been waiting for such a situation for nearly 4 days now. i posted in another thread asking anyone to tell me about a program i could record that had the ads, but i don't know if they're attached to specific programs or if they're served on the fly from the tivo servers. perhaps that's why they had the emergency maintenance last night--they lost the ability to serve ads!

/guy
Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #460
lpwcomp

HDUI: Something I just noticed - When in the full guide, part of the bottom of the video window is taken up by the channel identifier(number and name).

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #461
sbiller

Unresolved/Carry-Over - Amazon VOD Pixelation on Premiere Platform

Hi Crxssi,

Please add the Amazon VOD Macroblocking (Pixelation) issue to the unsesolved/Carry-Over list.

Margret has acknowledged that a fix will be in beta test shortly and should be rolled-out in the spring update.

For more details see this thread --> http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...elation&page=3

Thanks!
~Sam
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #462
rwrountree
pld77581

Incorrect Cable Card Messages

See the posts entitled "OTA Channel Asking for Cable Card???" and one entitled "Cable Card Message on PBS Channel". These posts and replies have commonality in that there was no cable connection only antenna connection and yet the cable card message has been displayed. In each case these occured when TiVo was displaying a program from a PBS channel. In one of the cases it was temporarily corrected by doing a system reset (power off).
Also, it was observed that the recorded version of the program did not display the cable card message whereas the "live" version displayed the message. Another observation is that the "window" version of the program did not display the message.
rwrountree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #463
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
What's odd with the iPad app is that instead of getting the 5 minute wait on the box, you get a 5 minute wait in the app. I'd be curious as to what happens if you exit the app during this time, but I've never gotten up the nerve to try this.

I'm guessing the wait in the tivo.com SPM is simply not visible.
I use chrome browser (on windows) and the wait on tivo.com is noticeable. It comes up with a "Loading" spinner for fives or tens of seconds every time you reorder a single item. I don't know why it can't at least let me move everything then hit a commit button or something and then do it's thing....
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #464
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
I use chrome browser (on windows) and the wait on tivo.com is noticeable. It comes up with a "Loading" spinner for fives or tens of seconds every time you reorder a single item. I don't know why it can't at least let me move everything then hit a commit button or something and then do it's thing....
It's only up for two to three seconds for me in Chrome.

IE9 also seems to take two to three seconds for me.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #465
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

In the SDUI, under 20.2, sometimes (often) the TiVo gets into a state where it won't delete programs from the NPL if you press "Clear"; instead, it gives an error bong. The programs can still be deleted from their details menus, and the condition can be cleared by going to TiVo Central and returning to the NPL. I haven't figured out what circumstances get it into this state.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #466
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
In the SDUI, under 20.2, sometimes (often) the TiVo gets into a state where it won't delete programs from the NPL if you press "Clear"; instead, it gives an error bong. The programs can still be deleted from their details menus, and the condition can be cleared by going to TiVo Central and returning to the NPL. I haven't figured out what circumstances get it into this state.
Oooh, thanks for the info and do please investigate. This sounds similar to, but not the same as, the HDUI problems with deleting programs; which has turned out to be perhaps the most annoying bug in 20.2.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #467
L David Matheny

Quote:
Yesterday I had an incident (Premiere, SDUI, OTA only) where the skip key failed to respond several times while playing a recording. The yellow LED flashed, but nothing happened. (As I recall) I paused, then played, and then the skip key worked again. Odd glitch.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #468
cr33p

Is there a thread for reboot issues since the newest 20.2 update? I have had tivos since the first single tuner series 2 units and never had issues, but lately both my upgraded and stock premiere units are rebooting atleast 2-5 times daily, under all kinds of different circumstances. Im not sure were to start to troubleshoot them?
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #469
jrm01

Not a problem, but just a strange issue. My new Elite seems to frequently have 3 of its tuners on the same channel. Even more annoying is a situation that just happened. I have had Live TV on CNBC most of the day, pauising, FF throughout the day. I just got a message saying that TiVo wanted to change the channel on my active tuner to record a Suggestion. I said NO, then checked the other tuners. All 3 were inactive and tuned to the same channel. Why pick my tuner for the Suggestion when 3 other inactive tuners are on the same channel?
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #470
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p View Post
Is there a thread for reboot issues since the newest 20.2 update? I have had tivos since the first single tuner series 2 units and never had issues, but lately both my upgraded and stock premiere units are rebooting atleast 2-5 times daily, under all kinds of different circumstances. Im not sure were to start to troubleshoot them?
There is mention of rebooting in lots of threads. Not sure there is any one main one, though. But for every post I see about 20.2 causing reboots, I see another saying it SOLVES reboots.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #471
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
Not a problem, but just a strange issue. My new Elite seems to frequently have 3 of its tuners on the same channel. Even more annoying is a situation that just happened. I have had Live TV on CNBC most of the day, pauising, FF throughout the day. I just got a message saying that TiVo wanted to change the channel on my active tuner to record a Suggestion. I said NO, then checked the other tuners. All 3 were inactive and tuned to the same channel. Why pick my tuner for the Suggestion when 3 other inactive tuners are on the same channel?
I don't think that is new to 20.2. I agree that it doesn't make any sense to pick the "foreground" tuner to use to record a suggestion, when the other tuner/tuner(s) is/are not being used by something else at the same time. It doesn't do that all the time, so I don't know what logic it uses (like, maybe it always uses the "top" tuner then works down the list, or vice-versa). Since I almost never watch "live" TV, I don't have enough experience to know. But I do recall that happening to me before, when the other tuner was not busy, and did not BECOME busy when the timeslot came up (like if it wanted to record TWO suggestions at once, or there was something else already scheduled).

If I did see something "live" that I wanted to watch, I would press "record" to grab it. Of course, since the TiVo only has a 30 min buffer, if they program was more than 30 min over, I would miss part of it by pressing "record" and have to search for the next airing.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #472
Thunderclap

Haven't had a reboot yet on mine. Knock on wood.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #473
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
Not a problem, but just a strange issue. My new Elite seems to frequently have 3 of its tuners on the same channel. Even more annoying is a situation that just happened. ...

if i recall the 2 tuner boxes would revert to both tuners on the same channel at reboot. i wonder if your box is rebooting and actually putting all 4 tuners to the same channel but then it flips off one channel for a suggestion/recording/or live tv viewing?

I haven't noticed that on mine- but others are apparently seeing reboots.

(If mine was rebooting when no one around I'd likely not notice- with the kids show SP's on it it quickly starts recording a million pbs kids, nick, disney, etc shows and probably flips channels rapidly- the 4 red lights are on what seems like ALL the time)
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #474
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK

if i recall the 2 tuner boxes would revert to both tuners on the same channel at reboot. i wonder if your box is rebooting and actually putting all 4 tuners to the same channel but then it flips off one channel for a suggestion/recording/or live tv viewing?
That's one way to end up on all the same tuners. Another is to have suggestions turn on. When a suggestion is finished recording, the TiVo reverts to the channel it was on prior to changing to record the suggestion. This goes back to the single tuner days and the problem is that it only remembers the last channel, so if 4 suggestions are recording simultaneously, the tuners will all change to the same channel when done.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #475
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Thanks morac, that explains a lot.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #476
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
That's one way to end up on all the same tuners. Another is to have suggestions turn on. When a suggestion is finished recording, the TiVo reverts to the channel it was on prior to changing to record the suggestion. This goes back to the single tuner days and the problem is that it only remembers the last channel, so if 4 suggestions are recording simultaneously, the tuners will all change to the same channel when done.
I had no idea it did that. I always thought it left the tuner on whatever channel was last used OR recorded. Never paid it much attention, though.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #477
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi

I had no idea it did that. I always thought it left the tuner on whatever channel was last used OR recorded. Never paid it much attention, though.
For user scheduled recordings (manual, SP, ARWL) it does stay on the channel last used or recorded. Only suggestions change back. I believe that was done because people would leave the TiVo on a specific channel when going to bed only to find it on another one in the morning. It worked well back when there was only one tuner, but the algorithm was never updated for multiple tuners (I.e., it only remembers one channel). It happens on two tuner boxes, but is a lot more noticeable on the Elite since people really notice when 4 tuners are all on the same channel. The more user scheduled recordings there are, the less likely it is to find the box in that state.

Obviously people who turn off suggestions don't have this problem. If it happens in that case, it's nearly certain to have been caused by a reboot.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #478
cr33p

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
There is mention of rebooting in lots of threads. Not sure there is any one main one, though. But for every post I see about 20.2 causing reboots, I see another saying it SOLVES reboots.
Agreed!! My wife wants to throw these things out the door, at first I thought it was the 1.5tb drive having issues with corrupted data being written to the other partition for the update, but both are being big POS! Hopefully the spring update is truly a spring update
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #479
cr33p

Quote:
I have the same issue all the time as well, it seems to persist more with transferred shows from pytivo
Old 02-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #480
WillH

Not sure if this has been reported (I scanned but couldn't find in this thread) but when I do a SEARCH and then GET SEASON PASS, it will always default to the OTA channel number and I don't have an option to select which channel. For instance, searching for SURVIVOR will bring up 46-1 which is a local OTA high def station here in Atlanta for CBN. I prefer it record on 809 which is the hi-def cable channel for CBS. It seems to always default to the lowest channel. It does not give me the option to change the channel - the search will always bring up the lowest number and it is fixed.

If instead of using the Search feature to find the show and get a season pass, if I actually locate the show in the Guide on the channel I wish to record from, and hit record and GET A SEASON PASS, it still defaults to the 46-1 channel and that is what it wants to set the pass for despite my clicking record from the 809 channel in the guide. From here, I have to go ahead and get the season pass and save it but I then have to go back in and change the channel number from within the OPTIONS in the season pass.

In the past, it would even default to a SD channel since they were always the lowest channel number on Comcast's channel lineup. I have since deleted all my SD channels from the Tivo lineup so I assume it would still do this now.

It would be fine like it is if it would allow me to select the channel when I am selecting the season pass on the first go through. Why do I have to save it to a channel I don't want it to record from and then go back and change it? This is a lot of wasted time and key clicks. I could block all my redundant OTA channels but I sometimes watch them.

Those of you not using the OTA channels or have them blocked may not have this issue but it seems worse now with the new firmware.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote