Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #421
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
At least it didn't get added to the first post as my report of the changed behavior of the up arrow did. It went away as soon as someone else reported it wasn't happening to them.

Sometimes I jump the gun a little too fast
Old 02-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #422
WillH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
Agreed. This status bar needs to be adjusted so that it is immediately obvious that an entire program was recorded. As it is now, I keep thinking that part of it (beginning and end) was cut off.
While we are at it, has anyone noted it would be good to have the status bar change to LIVE or something like that when you actually catch up with the program that you are recording and watching at the same time? Would save me a bunch of skip forward key presses to make sure I am actually at the end of the recording and now watching live.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #423
Innerloop

Quote:
Not seeing that behavior. Still works as before. Were you perhaps not as close to the end of the actual recording as you thought you were?
Pretty sure the poster was just confused and was actually watching the end of a show which was started as a live recording buffer. When you reach the end of those it can look very similar but does not offer Delete unless it was literally launched from My Shows.
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #424
TiVo_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerloop View Post
Pretty sure the poster was just confused and was actually watching the end of a show which was started as a live recording buffer. When you reach the end of those it can look very similar but does not offer Delete unless it was literally launched from My Shows.
Actually, what I was watching was started from My Shows... it like I said before might be a litteral timing thing where it has to happen within a certain timeframe and maybe I did it a second too soon or something.

Interested in trying to earn a free PSVita, then check
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
out & PM me for help.
TiVo_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #425
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
Actually, what I was watching was started from My Shows... it like I said before might be a litteral timing thing where it has to happen within a certain timeframe and maybe I did it a second too soon or something.
Or maybe, as in my case, your TiVo was "messin' wit ya" (That's my story and I'm sticking to it ).

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #426
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
Try this:

1. When you get to the end of the show, pause it. Then hit the left arrow. It will not ask you to keep/delete.
2. Or just left arrow when at the end of the show. It will now ask you to keep/delete.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #427
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Try this:

1. When you get to the end of the show, pause it. Then hit the left arrow. It will not ask you to keep/delete.
2. Or just left arrow when at the end of the show. It will now ask you to keep/delete.
In what way is this relevant?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #428
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

In another thread I was reminded that the "green circle of death" was replaced with the "blue petals of death". Does anyone know if this was new to 20.2 or did that appear in 14.9???
Old 02-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #429
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
In another thread I was reminded that the "green circle of death" was replaced with the "blue petals of death". Does anyone know if this was new to 20.2 or did that appear in 14.9???
New to 20.2. Was not part of 14.9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #430
jrm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
Agreed. This status bar needs to be adjusted so that it is immediately obvious that an entire program was recorded. As it is now, I keep thinking that part of it (beginning and end) was cut off.
All they would have to do is put one of the verticle, white hash marks at the beginning and the end.
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #431
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
New to 20.2. Was not part of 14.9
Well, to make matters worse, in another thread someone said they still seen the green circle too. That is something I have NOT encountered in the 20.2 update.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #432
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Well, to make matters worse, in another thread someone said they still seen the green circle too. That is something I have NOT encountered in the 20.2 update.
Probably another case of someone not saying what UI they are using.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #433
gteague
golftango

if that was me, i'm currently still trying the hd menus and i was in them last night when i was running some intensive kmttg task such as spm re-order or new show finder and while that was running i ran some other task on the elite directly and got a spinning circle (unsure if it was blue, blue-green, or green) for nearly 3 minutes. i promised to try to re-create those conditions so i could report for sure what it looked like, but i'm updating my os and haven't had the opportunity. i've noticed them several times since i installed kmttg over the last week although up until last night it's only been for a few seconds at most.

if you have kmttg installed and want to try to recreate it, you might start a re-order of your spm, then, with a live hd channel playing in the thumbnail start a todo list or something intensive. i wouldn't recommend doing another spm re-order though!

/guy
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #434
lpwcomp

HDUI progress bar (when playing something other than the live buffer):

In addition to being below the bar, the format of the time counter is different. Rather than being h:mm it is "n min" if less than an hour, "n hr" if exactly a multiple of an hour and "nh nm" otherwise. The total recording time at the end of the progress bar is also in the new format. Examples:

53 min
2 hr
1h 2m

Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #435
jrm01

I've only had my Premier a week, and think I read thru all of this stuff, but two new negative things that I have noted:

1) When I record a sporting event I pad the time and then watch it in the Live buffer. When the game ends I use the Info button to stop the recording and then go back to My Shows to delete it. When I press Clear I get the "x" next to the recording but it just hangs there doing nothing more. If I back out to another area and come back the show is still there (X is gone). If I Select the item and then select Delete it, I get the check mark but again it just hangs there. If I back out and come back and press Play I get an error message about recording errors. If I just wait 15-20 minutes it deletes just fine.

2) I have programmed the TiVo for 30-second skip. If I hit the advance button 3-4 times quickly the first image is frozen until the skips are all done. It used to provide a new frame for each of the skips. This makes it harder to quickly move thru 3-4 minutes of commercials. Also the IR key works the same way. Hit it 3-4 times and the one frame freezes until the system catches up instead of providing a new frame for each 8 seconds.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #436
jrm01

BTW, there seems to be one bug fix that only affects a few users. I have had a S3 and a HDXL connected to my Yamaha Receiver for four years. I always selected Video Output on the TiVo to be 1080i. However, any time I turned off the AVR that was always reset on the TiVo to 720p. I have noted at least 5-6 other users of Yamaha AVR with the same problem.

Now with the Premier when I set it to 1080i it stays that way without problems.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #437
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
When I record a sporting event I pad the time and then watch it in the Live buffer. When the game ends I use the Info button to stop the recording and then go back to My Shows to delete it. When I press Clear I get the "x" next to the recording but it just hangs there doing nothing more. If I back out to another area and come back the show is still there (X is gone). If I Select the item and then select Delete it, I get the check mark but again it just hangs there. If I back out and come back and press Play I get an error message about recording errors. If I just wait 15-20 minutes it deletes just fine.
Actually, I am having lots of problems with trying to delete various types of programs. Several times now, I have tried to delete programs a dozen times without success and then having to PLAY the video, get an error that it could not be recorded due to a channel problem, get kicked out, then PLAY it again, which it then does without error, THEN I can delete it. It is very odd.

Your experience is remarkably similar to mine. It happened to me twice before, and it just happened to me AGAIN TONIGHT. I am adding it to the list, now.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #438
lpwcomp

Just had a spontaneous reboot. Had recorded the last half of an episode of "The Twilight Zone" on MeTV, selected "Explore this show". It initially just began ignoring remote commands when I reached "Episodes" but eventually started responding again. The second time I tried , it again wouldn't get past "Episodes" and then after about a minute, rebooted.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #439
btwyx
Substantive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Just hooked up MoCa between Elite and Premier. Got 67.x Mbs transfer rate. I'm amazed.
Sounds reasonable to me, I got 78Mb/s over wired ethernet (100Mb).
btwyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #440
lpwcomp

Quote:
2) I have programmed the TiVo for 30-second skip. If I hit the advance button 3-4 times quickly the first image is frozen until the skips are all done. It used to provide a new frame for each of the skips. This makes it harder to quickly move thru 3-4 minutes of commercials. Also the IR key works the same way. Hit it 3-4 times and the one frame freezes until the system catches up instead of providing a new frame for each 8 seconds.
FWIW, I am also seeing this behavior. And I agree, it has a negative effect on usability. I wondered why I was going way past where I wanted to be more often than I used to.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #441
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Probably another case of someone not saying what UI they are using.
I'm pretty sure either circle is an HDUI effect only.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #442
moyekj

Quote:
That's been a problem with Premieres all along, nothing new in 20.2 (I speculate it's a hardware/decoder issue). See the thread I started on the issue in 2010:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=455499
My S3 OLED unit is superior to Premieres for 30 sec skipping.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #443
WillH

^^

I concur...........I have always used the HDUI and this slow delete has always been an issue from day 1 ( I had mine since April 2010). To me, it is a little better now and it seems faster and more consistent with the deletion process but it still is slow and hangs sometimes. What is way better now is that it doesn't crash the Tivo when you delete a show.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #444
aaronwt
HD Addict

So has anyone else confirmed my findings of slower transfer speeds with version 20.2?
Or maybe it is just slower with the Elite in the equation since I can't get 80 to 90mb/s transfer rates from my Elite any more, only low 70s. I guess I need to try some transfers between the other Premieres to see the speeds there.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #445
logicman

Quote:
Not if you have enabled 30-sec skip.
I confirmed last night that holding the Replay button does bring you to the beginning of a recorded show regardless of whether 30 second skip is enabled or not.
logicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #446
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicman View Post
I confirmed last night that holding the Replay button does bring you to the beginning of a recorded show regardless of whether 30 second skip is enabled or not.
Does NOT work for me on my Premiere in SDUI and HDUI. In fact doing that doesn't even skip back once. I held the replay button down for over 10 seconds and nothing.
Note that there are 2 types of 30 sec advance:
30 sec scan (enabled by default for Premiere units). In that mode pressing skip quickly scans ahead (fast FF) instead of an instant jump.
30 sec skip (enabled using SPS30S). In that mode pressing skip is an instant skip forwards
So you probably have 30 sec scan mode enabled

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #447
TishTash

I have a new twist on the end of show dance: If you are near the end of the program, pausing will bring up the "Keep or Delete?" screen way before the actual end of the show. This usually didn't occur until the very end of the show.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #448
logicman

Thinking about it you are probably correct. I have not used 30 sec skip in the past and tried to enable it on an Elite using a slide remote but did not get the verification sounds. Not realizing it had 30 sec scan by default, when I tested it I assumed skip had been enabled.
logicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #449
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So has anyone else confirmed my findings of slower transfer speeds with version 20.2?
Or maybe it is just slower with the Elite in the equation since I can't get 80 to 90mb/s transfer rates from my Elite any more, only low 70s.
Yes, I see the same with a regular Premiere.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #450
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishTash View Post
I have a new twist on the end of show dance: If you are near the end of the program, pausing will bring up the "Keep or Delete?" screen way before the actual end of the show. This usually didn't occur until the very end of the show.
Not seeing that behavior either. At no point am I getting nor did I ever get "Keep or Delete" with a pause.