TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #391
gteague
golftango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerloop View Post
<del>

What would probably stress the system (or break it) would be to start a Season Pass re-do on the iPad and then go to the ToDo list or SP manager on the Tivo, and see what happens.
i've very deliberately avoided doing that. i'm certain very bad things would result ... [g]

/guy
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #392
newsposter
Poster of News

i dislike the right side of the status bar..it looks like you havent recorded all the program...the green to right side of the screen doesnt go all the way to the '1 hr' spot for instance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #393
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i dislike the right side of the status bar..it looks like you havent recorded all the program...the green to right side of the screen doesnt go all the way to the '1 hr' spot for instance
Yeah, I find it a bit annoying too. The left side isn't any better- it is a rather large part of the bar wasted for a tiny "TiVo smile".
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #394
ShinySteelRobot

Ditto. For a minute I thought my wife had switched channels again to watch Paula Deen (or whatever) and clipped my show. But no, it turned out to be bad UI design.
ShinySteelRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #395
gteague
golftango

i just shrugged my shoulders when i did a double-take thinking my shows were abending early. glad to hear others are as bothered by it as me--imo it's definitely a 'cosmetic bug'.

/guy
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #396
WillH

There are several little cosmetic bugs. Another one is the yellow oval highlight bar that surrounds the Play, Record, etc., on the menu doesn't line up on some screens - it is shifted down too far. Looks like a formatting error on a spreadsheet or something.

BTW, I have been using this thing for almost 2 years now and just realized that I can hit the > (Play) button while in the My Programs menu and it will immediately start playing the show. All this time I have been wading through the menu. Nice shortcut. I assume it probably has been a feature for years. I haven't played with my Premiere much due to all the upgrades that keep coming that change things and I am too old to keep remembering all this stuff.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #397
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
BTW, I have been using this thing for almost 2 years now and just realized that I can hit the > (Play) button while in the My Programs menu and it will immediately start playing the show. All this time I have been wading through the menu. Nice shortcut. I assume it probably has been a feature for years. I haven't played with my Premiere much due to all the upgrades that keep coming that change things and I am too old to keep remembering all this stuff.
I can't guarantee that it has always been this way, just for the 10 years that I have had one.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #398
moyekj

Quote:
There are several little cosmetic bugs. Another one is the yellow oval highlight bar that surrounds the Play, Record, etc., on the menu doesn't line up on some screens - it is shifted down too far. Looks like a formatting error on a spreadsheet or something.

That's been there forever. Problem is when viewing Remote TiVos the shortcut doesn't work - you have to go inside program details before Play will work (initiate MRS). i.e. Consistency does not seem to be a TiVo priority these days.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #399
ShinySteelRobot

Quote:
BTW, I have been using this thing for almost 2 years now and just realized that I can hit the > (Play) button while in the My Programs menu and it will immediately start playing the show.
Not only that, but if you hit Play when a folder is selected, it will sequentially play all shows inside that folder. That's a nice feature when you have a few episodes of Big Bang Theory to catch up on in one sitting.
ShinySteelRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #400
aaronwt
HD Addict

So what transfer speeds are people getting with 20.2? I did some more Transfers from Elite to non XL Premiere, and from Elite to TiVo Desktop. Im still seeing low 70mb/s speeds to the non XL when prior to 20.2 it was 10 to 15 Mb/s faster. To TiVo Desktop I'm now getting low 50mb/s speeds instead of around 70mb/s speeds.

I'm just wondering if these speeds are consistent with what other people are seeing. Now that streaming is enabled I'm not transferring as much anyway. Plus I'm wondering if speeds were lowered to make it more reliable. Unlike when streaming was enabled by accident and the Premiere would reboot if you tried too many transfers and streaming.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #401
andyf

Just hooked up MoCa between Elite and Premier. Got 67.x Mbs transfer rate. I'm amazed.

There's 2 splitters and an amplifier that data has to travel through. I've ordered another adapter to put my other Premier on MoCa.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #402
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Yeah, I find it a bit annoying too. The left side isn't any better- it is a rather large part of the bar wasted for a tiny "TiVo smile".
i dont mind the left side for some reason but would prefer the right side 'smoosh' up against the end of the program

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #403
logicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I have never seen FF behave that way. The old behavior was simply that a fourth FF press would return to Play. This involved a slight rewind as it always does with a TiVo, but not a return to the beginning of the program.

If you want to get quickly to the beginning of the program, hit Rewind, then use the Advance button.
No sure if this has been mentioned but holding the Replay button will instantly go to the beginning of a recorded program.
logicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #404
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicman View Post
No sure if this has been mentioned but holding the Replay button will instantly go to the beginning of a recorded program.
Not if you have enabled 30-sec skip.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #405
wtherrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrob View Post
Maybe I am the only one who feels this way but:

I do not agree with categorizing the new coloring of the SDUI screens (all blue) as positive. What was once an interesting, colorful and useful set of screens has now been reduced to one boring set of blue screens. It's not only boring, but you don't know as readily what menu you are in.

I am not saying we need the dancing Tivo guy back, or even the background animation. But please bring back the varying colors. Yes I know it "matches" HDUI screens now...but for those of us who still find the HDUI unacceptable (my wife prefers the larger font of SDUI for show titles and doesn't need any of the other bells and whistles) turning the SDUI into a "sea of blue" is NOT a positive change.

If others chime in and disagree with me, fine. But I think you jumped the gun on characterizing this particular change as positive.

BTW crxssi, I really appreciate you pulling together all of this info - well done!

Rob from AZ
STRONGLY disagree. The change is very positive! The varying colors and animations rendered the menus all but unreadable for me. If you must have those, maybe they could give us a choice to turn them on or off. I find the new readable menus a VERY positive change!
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #406
WillH

Got a Tivo message today stating that my software was updated today. Still appears to be the same though: 20.2-01-2-748. I have had this version for over a week now. Don't ever remember getting a Tivo message telling me my software was updated either.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #407
lpwcomp

Quote:
Got a Tivo message today stating that my software was updated today. Still appears to be the same though: 20.2-01-2-748. I have had this version for over a week now. Don't ever remember getting a Tivo message telling me my software was updated either.
If it was the same message I got, it didn't say "today" and it was informing you of all the new and wonderful things in this release, maybe in the hope that you will not notice all of the flaws. I think they probably waited until all Premieres were updated before sending out the message.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #408
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
If it was the same message I got, it didn't say "today" and it was informing you of all the new and wonderful things in this release, maybe in the hope that you will not notice all of the flaws. I think they probably waited until all Premieres were updated before sending out the message.
Yep- they always wait for the update to be pushed to everyone, and THEN send the update message. I always thought that was extremely odd.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #409
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Yep- they always wait for the update to be pushed to everyone, and THEN send the update message. I always thought that was extremely odd.
It makes sense from a workers point of view.
If you were the "worker", which would you choose?

Worker sees block of Tivos get the update.
Worker initiates messege to that block of Tivos.
Worker sees next block of Tivos that get the update.
Worker initiates messege to those Tivos.
Etc, etc...
OR
Worker passes the time waiting until all Tivos are updated by surfing the internet and playing solitaire. Sends general messege to all Tivos once the rollout is complete.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #410
lpwcomp

Quote:
To be fair, with this particular update, it makes a bit more sense as one of the changes being touted is Premiere to Premiere streaming which requires that both Premieres be at 20.2.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #411
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Just hooked up MoCa between Elite and Premier. Got 67.x Mbs transfer rate. I'm amazed.

There's 2 splitters and an amplifier that data has to travel through. I've ordered another adapter to put my other Premier on MoCa.
MoCA is awesome. I've had it for two years between my Tivos, it has always downloaded 4X faster than I could watch it, even with commercials cut.

Can I just say I LOVE STREAMING LIVE TV!!!
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #412
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
It makes sense from a workers point of view.
If you were the "worker", which would you choose?

Worker sees block of Tivos get the update.
Worker initiates messege to that block of Tivos.
Worker sees next block of Tivos that get the update.
Worker initiates messege to those Tivos.
Etc, etc...
OR
Worker passes the time waiting until all Tivos are updated by surfing the internet and playing solitaire. Sends general messege to all Tivos once the rollout is complete.

I just think it would be better if the message, itself, were part of the update and required no "worker" work at all!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #413
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
To be fair, with this particular update, it makes a bit more sense as one of the changes being touted is Premiere to Premiere streaming which requires that both Premieres be at 20.2.
Good point, but they could include a message about everything else, WITH the update, then send out another message after everyone is updated.... when they actually turn on the streaming.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #414
TiVo_Fanatic

Don't know if this applies to anything but when playing a previously recorded show on the HDUI, using the left arrow at the end of the show doesnt end said show and ask if you'd like to keep or delete it but instead continues to play what's left of it "credits" and goes back to your Now Playing / My Shows list.

I rather liked that behavior.

Interested in trying to earn a free PSVita, then check
out & PM me for help.
TiVo_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #415
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
Don't know if this applies to anything but when playing a previously recorded show on the HDUI, using the left arrow at the end of the show doesnt end said show and ask if you'd like to keep or delete it but instead continues to play what's left of it "credits" and goes back to your Now Playing / My Shows list.

I rather liked that behavior.
Not seeing that behavior. Still works as before. Were you perhaps not as close to the end of the actual recording as you thought you were?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #416
mr_smits

Quote:
Agreed. This status bar needs to be adjusted so that it is immediately obvious that an entire program was recorded. As it is now, I keep thinking that part of it (beginning and end) was cut off.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #417
TiVo_Fanatic

Quote:
Not seeing that behavior. Still works as before. Were you perhaps not as close to the end of the actual recording as you thought you were?
It's always within the last minute / 30 seconds when I do it.

Like under the SDUI I hit left arrow it asks to keep or delete. Under HDUI the preview windows shows with it still playing and I go to my shows list.

Or if I let it run to the end the preview window comes up paused with an automatic shove to my now playing list if that makes sense.

out & PM me for help.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #418
lpwcomp

Quote:
It's always within the last minute / 30 seconds when I do it.

Like under the SDUI I hit left arrow it asks to keep or delete. Under HDUI the preview windows shows with it still playing and I go to my shows list.

Or if I let it run to the end the preview window comes up paused with an automatic shove to my now playing list if that makes sense.
Very odd. I'm running the HDUI and, as I said, I'm not seeing this behavior.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #419
TiVo_Fanatic

Very odd in deed because I just left arrow'd and got the keep or delete. So maybe it's a litteral timing thing where I was doing it a second to soon or something, I dunno but here's hopin it keeps working.

out & PM me for help.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #420
lpwcomp

Quote:
Very odd in deed because I just left arrow'd and got the keep or delete. So maybe it's a litteral timing thing where I was doing it a second to soon or something, I dunno but here's hopin it keeps working.
At least it didn't get added to the first post as my report of the changed behavior of the up arrow did. It went away as soon as someone else reported it wasn't happening to them.