TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #361
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I agree that this is not that big an issue. You don't actually think I was basing my opinion solely on this, do you? If it has these obvious problems, what problems are there that aren't obvious? Overall, I think this release has serious flaws.
What do you see as the mission-critical flaws that would require a rollback?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #362
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User
 
crxssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
thanks for that info, i didn't know that. i run ubuntu under vmware on mac, so i'll fire that up and try those out.
You will love both of them. I highly recommend you check them out. I, of course, use Linux. But you can run them natively under MacOS, too (no need for using under a virtual machine, unless you just like to experiment). KTTMG is primarily for pulling stuff off the TiVo, but has tons of other useful features like a remote, ability to backup your season passes, background reordering of season passes, etc. I do end up using PyTiVo the most, however (to send stuff TO the TiVo to play).
__________________
Series 1-> Series 2-> DirecTiVo HD-> TiVo HD-> Premiere -> Roamio Pro
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #363
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
You will love both of them. I highly recommend you check them out. I, of course, use Linux. But you can run them natively under MacOS, too (no need for using under a virtual machine, unless you just like to experiment). KTTMG is primarily for pulling stuff off the TiVo, but has tons of other useful features like a remote, ability to backup your season passes, background reordering of season passes, etc. I do end up using PyTiVo the most, however (to send stuff TO the TiVo to play).
How about the fact that my Premiere can no longer access the TiVo Desktop server? Yes, I now I can use pyTivo and I do but

a. pyTivo isn't the officially supported solution.

b. The metadata problem has, from my viewpoint, partially crippled all transfers.

Finally, the fact that there are all of these obvious problems says to me at least that this release was rushed out the door w/o sufficient testing, probably to fix the "real" problems with the Elite s/w and to get MRS out the door. BTW, while I have no data to support it, I suspect that the changes to implement MRS are the source of the transfer issues.

I don't really expect TiVo to back out this change and I've mostly been seeking work-arounds for the problems. I guess I'm just venting my frustration here. Living up to my own sig line.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #364
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User
 
crxssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
How about the fact that my Premiere can no longer access the TiVo Desktop server?
Well, I can't comment to that. Since TiVo Desktop is closed, proprietary, and not available for Linux, I have never used it, never will, and never pay attention to it. I suspect you might have a network or settings issue, but that would be something better to investigate in a different thread.

Quote:
Yes, I now I can use pyTivo and I do but a. pyTivo isn't the officially supported solution. b. The metadata problem has, from my viewpoint, partially crippled all transfers.
Being "officially supported" doesn't necessarily mean it will operate better, provide more or better features, perform as well, or even bring reasonable support from the provider. In my case, I really don't care much about the metadata, since I just want to watch some stuff I might have on my computer from the TiVo. But I know it frustrates some users.

Quote:
Finally, the fact that there are all of these obvious problems says to me at least that this release was rushed out the door w/o sufficient testing, probably to fix the "real" problems with the Elite s/w and to get MRS out the door. BTW, while I have no data to support it, I suspect that the changes to implement MRS are the source of the transfer issues.
We could say that about nearly all the releases. I am grateful they are finally pushing out useful updates that contain real improvements, even if it means there will be some bugs/issues. Hopefully, some people at TiVo monitor the changelog and notice that we find the improvements and the bugs and will keep carrying them over, keeping them visible

Quote:
I don't really expect TiVo to back out this change and I've mostly been seeking work-arounds for the problems. I guess I'm just venting my frustration here. Living up to my own sig line.
That's OK. We all have frustrations.
__________________
Series 1-> Series 2-> DirecTiVo HD-> TiVo HD-> Premiere -> Roamio Pro
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #365
morac
Cat God
 
morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
My guess is we might see this change when the Season Pass Manager is updated to HD. Currently you can already adjust the SPM in the background with other tools like TiVo.com or the iPad app so it would just be a matter of adding that functionality to the command.
What's odd with the iPad app is that instead of getting the 5 minute wait on the box, you get a 5 minute wait in the app. I'd be curious as to what happens if you exit the app during this time, but I've never gotten up the nerve to try this.

I'm guessing the wait in the tivo.com SPM is simply not visible.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #366
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
What's odd with the iPad app is that instead of getting the 5 minute wait on the box, you get a 5 minute wait in the app. I'd be curious as to what happens if you exit the app during this time, but I've never gotten up the nerve to try this.

I'm guessing the wait in the SPM is simply not visible.
I think it still goes through, but it has been a while since I used the iPad to do it.. KMTTG essentially acts the same way and it will time out on me due to the high number of season passes but the changes go through.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #367
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
The metadata thing was demoralizing for me, since I'd just (literally only hours before I got 20.2) got metadata where I wanted it -- finally working around a longstanding TiVo-side bug, by generating fake .TiVo headers for every file. And then 20.2 comes along, and breaks metadata worse than it's ever been broken before. And I can just picture this never getting fixed, either.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #368
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The metadata thing was demoralizing for me, since I'd just (literally only hours before I got 20.2) got metadata where I wanted it -- finally working around a longstanding TiVo-side bug, by generating fake .TiVo headers for every file. And then 20.2 comes along, and breaks metadata worse than it's ever been broken before. And I can just picture this never getting fixed, either.
I was hoping that this latest TiVo s/w change in conjunction with your change to pyTivo would enable (with some minor mods) the sending of the program level unique ID.

I am hoping that the metadata problem and the TD server problem are in fact related so that if they fix the TD problem it will fix the metadata problem. Slim hope, especially if it only affects TD 2.3.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #369
jrm01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,619
Don't think this was mentioned yet - could be wrong.

I am always way behind in watching Jeapordy (27 episodes in my list). I used to just select the folder, hit advance to go to the last episode in the list. After finishing it, delete and I am set to select the new, last episode.

Now when I select the folder and hit Advance it goes to the end of the options following the list. Means I have to step up four times to get the last recording. Then when I watch and delete, the cursor has returned to the top of the list and I have to repeat the process.

Would be nice if the Advance only went to the last episode, and following a delete the cursor would remain at the end.
__________________
Comcast, Cox, TW, Charter and BHN are cabal companies.
(That is not a spelling error. Check the definition.
)
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #370
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
Don't think this was mentioned yet - could be wrong.

I am always way behind in watching Jeapordy (27 episodes in my list). I used to just select the folder, hit advance to go to the last episode in the list. After finishing it, delete and I am set to select the new, last episode.

Now when I select the folder and hit Advance it goes to the end of the options following the list. Means I have to step up four times to get the last recording. Then when I watch and delete, the cursor has returned to the top of the list and I have to repeat the process.

Would be nice if the Advance only went to the last episode, and following a delete the cursor would remain at the end.
Yes the extra options inside the folder in HDUI I found very annoying. The SDUI does not have them and thus much better suited for sequential episode watching. It was examples of little things like that besides the general slowness that frustrated me about HDUI and so I ended up going back to SDUI.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #371
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes the extra options inside the folder in HDUI I found very annoying. The SDUI does not have them and thus much better suited for sequential episode watching. It was examples of little things like that besides the general slowness that frustrated me about HDUI and so I ended up going back to SDUI.
What I'd like to see is the option to sort by record date in ascending order.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #372
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,927
i'm unhappy with the fade to left of the myshows screen and the circle that i never saw before. now it comes up all the time and it takes longer to get into a folder...everything is just slower.

backwards step for sure.

to boot it locked up today then rebooted.
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #373
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I was hoping that this latest TiVo s/w change in conjunction with your change to pyTivo would enable (with some minor mods) the sending of the program level unique ID.
But the UniqueID isn't helpful unless the program is already in the TiVo's database. They expire after a while, and usually I'm transferring things that were never in there to begin with. Still, you have a point -- if I expose the UniqueID in the container data, maybe it will help in some cases.

Quote:
Slim hope, especially if it only affects TD 2.3.
Why are you using 2.3, anyway?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #374
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
But the UniqueID isn't helpful unless the program is already in the TiVo's database. They expire after a while, and usually I'm transferring things that were never in there to begin with. Still, you have a point -- if I expose the UniqueID in the container data, maybe it will help in some cases.
Since the program ID in at least some instances is the TMS program ID (it matches the ID you see in zap2it), I'm hopeful that it will actually do something on a Premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Why are you using 2.3, anyway?
More current versions won't run on Win2K. Can't afford to upgrade.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #375
jrm01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
What I'd like to see is the option to sort by record date in ascending order.
Why didn't I think of that! Better yet, why didn't TiVo think of that. Can't think of a time when there are multiple episodes in a folder that I wouldn't want to view the oldest one first.
__________________
Comcast, Cox, TW, Charter and BHN are cabal companies.
(That is not a spelling error. Check the definition.
)
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #376
tomm1079
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatkins View Post
This has been a long standing bug with Tivos going back to the Series 2. If you have even a modest Season Pass list, say 40-50 shows and decide to change the order of the shows, when you exit the Season Pass list you get a Please Wait and can go make dinner before it finishes. You can't do anything else while this is happening.

This bug is so ridiculous and long standing that it isn't funny anymore. A multi-GHz processor, plenty of ram and a multi-tasking Linux OS and we have to WAIT 5-10 minutes for a re-sort of the Season Pass list? Sorting is the most basic of computer programming skills! I have 145 shows in my Season Pass list and a dread having to re-order any show in that list. At the very least this should be performed in the background allowing the user to continue to watch live or pre-recorded shows.

With version 20.2, the only thing that changed was the Please Wait message - now it says, Updating the ToDo list... and just sits there for as long as 10 minutes!! This is utterly ridiculous and clearly demonstrates the minimal amount of effort that TiVo is making into their software. Keep in mind that with this latest release, 20.2, TiVo has still not activated the 2nd processor core. Simply porting the old Flash based HDUI to Adobe Air required a minimal effort at best.

I believe that the only reason we even got the 20.2 update is because of the recently released DirectTV TiVo and I suspect that TiVo has seen the DirecTV DVR and realized that a TiVo would not compare well against it (and frankly it still doesn't) without improving the HDUI.

TiVo management needs to get of their butts and get the TiVo software performance issues fixed!
This is annoying. Thank god for the iPad/Android app. I do all season pass reordering through that and never have any issues.
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #377
tomm1079
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I think they will redesign it. I think if they don't they will be missing a huge opportunity to simplify the process for hose who want it. I can't tell you how many TiVo users I know and DVR users in general I have had to tell how to optimally manage the list.

I never used the Android or iPhone app so I wasn't sure if they included it.

I must be thinking of another program that is Windows only then. Good to know.
How would you do it optimally?
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #378
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User
 
crxssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
More current versions won't run on Win2K. Can't afford to upgrade.
Sure you can. Linux is free

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
__________________
Series 1-> Series 2-> DirecTiVo HD-> TiVo HD-> Premiere -> Roamio Pro
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #379
WillH
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Atlanta
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmeida View Post
On this menu there is:

Get This show
Upcoming
Episodes
Bonus Features
If You Like this

You mean "Episodes" not "Record next episode" that was referred to? This menu selection lists entries by date with no time or channel information. unless you select the entry and then it has the same sub menu as the Upcoming entry and the same issue I pointed out before.
I'm not sure I understand what is at issue here and maybe I am totally of the mark but my Premiere offers recording quality in a similar fashion and I am pretty sure this has been a feature for a long time. Get This Movie ->Record This Movie-> Options->Recording Quality

It the material is not a movie, I don't think you will always get the Recording Quality menu - I think it depends on the format and original source.

Maybe I am missing the mark here.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #380
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1079 View Post
How would you do it optimally?
Sunday through Saturday with local primetime shows or shows with single airings and then Sunday through Saturday with cable shows or shows with multiple airings.

If you put shows just in order of preference you risk having say a USA show record which will repeat over and over instead of a show on FOX which will air only once.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #381
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I'm not sure I understand what is at issue here and maybe I am totally of the mark but my Premiere offers recording quality in a similar fashion and I am pretty sure this has been a feature for a long time. Get This Movie ->Record This Movie-> Options->Recording Quality

It the material is not a movie, I don't think you will always get the Recording Quality menu - I think it depends on the format and original source.

Maybe I am missing the mark here.
It's the source, not the material that determines whether or not you have control of TiVo recording quality. In the case you cited, there are probably multiple copies in different qualities available for download. The TiVo just records the digital stream it receives. The only time the TiVo actually controls the quality of what it records is when the source is analog.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #382
gteague
golftango
 
gteague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: dfw (euless)
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
You will love both of them. I highly recommend you check them out. I, of course, use Linux. But you can run them natively under MacOS, too (no need for using under a virtual machine, unless you just like to experiment). KTTMG is primarily for pulling stuff off the TiVo, but has tons of other useful features like a remote, ability to backup your season passes, background reordering of season passes, etc. I do end up using PyTiVo the most, however (to send stuff TO the TiVo to play).
installed mac version of kttmg and thanks again for recommending it. it is useless as a download tool since virtually everything on my tivo has been flagged with drm protection, but it is priceless as an organizational tool. when i re-org'd my sp list it said it failed, but the operation succeeded. the iphone and android apps also report failures, yet succeed, so that must be an erroneous tivo error message.

back many years ago when i had replaytv there was an outstanding java app that did all this and more and actually had a pleasing interface for a java app. i no longer remember the name, but it made using and maintaining the replaytv effortless.

ok, off to tackle the python one ....

/guy
__________________
We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #383
TishTash
Registered User
 
TishTash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Merrick, NY
Posts: 312
Pressing up- and down-arrow while in detailed summary list of upcoming episodes of shows still results in a delay and "Please wait ..." screen monetarily between episodes. It is no longer the case when likewise scrolling through detailed summaries of recorded shows.
__________________
TiVo Roamio x2, Premiere: 8, 3, & 4 TB
Today's lesson: “Max out your storage from the get-go!”
TishTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #384
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
back many years ago when i had replaytv there was an outstanding java app that did all this and more and actually had a pleasing interface for a java app. i no longer remember the name, but it made using and maintaining the replaytv effortless
DVarchive. Yes those were the good 'ole days. Replaytv was eons ahead of TiVo in many respects. That being said this RPC (iPad) protocol is a huge step in the right direction. There is little need for any management on the TiVos themselves now. Searching, scheduling, conflict management and re-scheduling on different TiVos, season pass management, etc. can all be done more efficiently via PC and can all be done away from home too (if using kmttg).
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 01-28-2012 at 09:05 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #385
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User
 
crxssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
DVarchive. Yes those were the good 'ole days. Replaytv was eons ahead of TiVo in many respects. That being said this RPC (iPad) protocol
Just a nit-pick, but Android users will confirm that RPC is not the "iPad protocol"!
__________________
Series 1-> Series 2-> DirecTiVo HD-> TiVo HD-> Premiere -> Roamio Pro
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #386
gteague
golftango
 
gteague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: dfw (euless)
Posts: 520
installed pytivo, pytivox, ffmpeg, and streambaby and in about an hour had everything running. thanks to you guys for the tips.

yay! no more copying gigabytes of video files onto the tivo--i can just stream them directly from the mac when needed. and the gigabit ethernet port on the elite is earning it's money now!

now i have streaming and mac-based management i'll be a very happy camper when i can actually keep my tivo running for more than 24 hours at a go. we're having a conference call on tuesday and although i hope they can find something to fix, given my experience with the cable company, i doubt it.

/guy
__________________
We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien

Last edited by gteague : 01-29-2012 at 02:56 AM.
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #387
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
if i need to start a new thread, just ask and i will, but i have what i hope is just a quick question on pytivo. i rejected installing pytivox because it looks to be nearly 2 years old and not supported anymore so i grabbed the ?wmcbrine? version of pytivo and followed the instructions on the wiki to get it installed and config'd and running.

i pointed it to my ffmpeg folder and a folder with .mov videos, but it doesn't 'see' the videos. am i going to have to convert these to some other format for tivo to see them? currently i use the tivo helper component of toast and physically copy files over, but i'd be overjoyed to be able to just stream them from the mac and watch them on the tivo. is that what pytivo does, or does it have to copy them as well? thanks in advance for any help with this app.

/guy
You don't need to start a new thread. Just post it in this thread
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #388
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
i pointed it to my ffmpeg folder
Point it to the executable file, not the folder.

Quote:
and a folder with .mov videos, but it doesn't 'see' the videos. am i going to have to convert these to some other format for tivo to see them?
No. Perhaps they'll appear when your ffmpeg setting is correct... if not, we'll explore that later.

As for your other question, pyTivo copies, it doesn't (yet?) stream.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #389
gteague
golftango
 
gteague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: dfw (euless)
Posts: 520
sorry about that! i was posting as i was troubleshooting and figured things out on the fly. i've finally got pytivo, pytivox, and streambaby all running and can't thank you enough for your work on pytivo. i'm delighted with all the new functionality and control i have with those apps combined with kmmtg.

/guy
__________________
We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #390
Innerloop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
What's odd with the iPad app is that instead of getting the 5 minute wait on the box, you get a 5 minute wait in the app. I'd be curious as to what happens if you exit the app during this time, but I've never gotten up the nerve to try this.

I'm guessing the wait in the tivo.com SPM is simply not visible.
I think technically this wait isn't necessary on either platform, its not as if the Tivo is cranking 100% on this task. I seems more a matter of them not wanting to return the user back to the UI until they've "fixed up" the ToDo list fully to avoid showing incorrect data or something.

What would probably stress the system (or break it) would be to start a Season Pass re-do on the iPad and then go to the ToDo list or SP manager on the Tivo, and see what happens.
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |