TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
jtreid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 320
Been there. Done it.

The only way I could get the billing straight and still receive my premium channels (TBSHD, DHD...No HBO...) was additional outlet fees per card. I fought for months and lost. I have a S3 OLED and it only has one card. If you look at my bill, it says I have about 7 cable cards, but I have one S3 OLD (one card), one HD (one card) and one Premiere (one card). The bottom line on my bill is tolerable to me so I don't do anything. Every time I called to get it changed, I lost something: premium channels and even broadband.

Basically, they can't get their billing system to give the cards what is needed.
__________________
1 x Roamio Pro
1 x Premiere XL
1 x TivoHD w/1TB Interna
1 x S3 w/1TB Internal (1-Scard)
1 x Pioneer 810HS w/500G
jtreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
tmesser
Registered User
 
tmesser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreid View Post
Been there. Done it.
...
The bottom line on my bill is tolerable to me so I don't do anything. Every time I called to get it changed, I lost something: premium channels and even broadband.
This is basically where I am. It took so long to get everything working initially, and whenever I change something, I have to go through hell to fix it. I just don't want to touch it anymore.
__________________
Happy TiVo customer since April 2003
- 1/14: Roamio (4-tuner) + Mini
- 1/11: Premiere
- 9/07: HD w/upgraded 1TB WD drive (sold)
- 9/06: S2DT 80-hour (retired)
- 4/03: S2 240 80-hour
tmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #33
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 12,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmesser View Post
This is basically where I am. It took so long to get everything working initially, and whenever I change something, I have to go through hell to fix it. I just don't want to touch it anymore.
Which is why I never called back. The 1st Comcast rep I complained to "You're charging me as if I had 5 Comcats cable boxes." THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! Liek I was stealing something by not having the Comcrap STBs with 3/4 of the screens covered by ads. So I never called back to try to fit it.

Comcast has some business model. Make it so odious for customers to call they stay away. That's not good for promoting upsells.
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #34
jedware
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40
I have 3 Premiers and I am getting charged for 3 cable cards @1.50 and only one customer own equipment rebate of $2.50.

I have no outet fees and I only have internet & TV with their digital preferred package.

I would call them but what happens if someone says I should have outlet fees and raises my bill?

Is anyone paying no cable card fees and no outlet fees and only getting TV and Internet?
jedware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #35
morac
Cat God
 
morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedware
Is anyone paying no cable card fees and no outlet fees and only getting TV and Internet?
Currently I pay no CC or outlet fees and still get the CC credit. I don't know if that's how it should be working, but I'm not going to complain about it.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #36
a68oliver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Castle, IN
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreid View Post
Been there. Done it.

The only way I could get the billing straight and still receive my premium channels (TBSHD, DHD...No HBO...) was additional outlet fees per card. I fought for months and lost. I have a S3 OLED and it only has one card. If you look at my bill, it says I have about 7 cable cards, but I have one S3 OLD (one card), one HD (one card) and one Premiere (one card). The bottom line on my bill is tolerable to me so I don't do anything. Every time I called to get it changed, I lost something: premium channels and even broadband.

Basically, they can't get their billing system to give the cards what is needed.
Are you paying Outlet Fees and CableCard fees? Are you saying you are paying 7 outlet fees and 7 cablecard fees for only 3 Tivos and 3 cards? The way I read the online cablecard FAQ and local rate sheet, if you have no Comcast boxes, you should be paying 2 additional digital outlet fees and no cablecard fees. You should also recieve $2.50 customer owned equipment credit times 3.

My local system couldn't get the computer to bill me according to their published rate sheet. So they have given me a $20/month credit now for 2 years. This is way more than what I am being overcharged.

If you are not paying outlet fees, you probably are better off saying nothing. If you ARE paying outlet fees and cablecard fees, then a message to we_can_help@comcast.com might prove benificial. That is what I did.

They can also usally help with the missing channels problem, although I don't have any personal experience with that. If they can't get the computer to bill you per the rate sheet, then ask for a promtional credit to compensate you for their inability to bill you correctly.
__________________
Alan
Tivo S1 May 2000
Tivo S3 June 2007
Tivo HD November 2007
a68oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #37
myosh_tino
Registered User
 
myosh_tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 58
Comcast in Cupertino, CA...

Seeing how I just went through resolving the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees I'd thought I would include how Comcast handles things where I live in Cupertino, CA. I have...

* TiVo Series 3 w/2 S-cards
* TiVo HD w/1 M-card
* TiVo Premier w/1 M-card

...a total of 3 TiVos with 4 cable cards

I get charged $4.40 for the cable cards ($1.10 x 4 cards), there are no additional outlet or HD technology fees and I get a $2.50 customer-owned-equipment credit.

A couple of months ago, I had a tech come out to replace the cards in my Series3 because they stopped working but during this call, I got Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees added to my account. I went to my local service center (Sunnyvale, CA) to question the new fees and they were promptly removed from my bill. The explanation I got was the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees only apply when using Comcast-supplied equipment. These fees are waived if a customer uses their own equipment like a TiVo.

Note: I realize that I should only be paying for 3 cable cards but due to quirks in the billing system, it was either pay for 4 cards ($1.10 more) or deal with the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees ($18 total), otherwise my Series3 wouldn't work properly. I'm perfectly fine with paying the extra $1.10 for the 4th cable card.
__________________
My TiVo Timeline...
Sony SVR-2000 w/Lifetime --> TiVo Series 2 --> Tivo Series 3 (Lifetime transferred) + TiVo HD w/Lifetime + TiVo Premier XL w/Lifetime
myosh_tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #38
jjberger2134
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

Again, this is for 3 HD TiVos.

The rep insisted that this billing is correct. It's not like I pay the same as a customer who was renting 5 HD cable boxes for 5 HD TVs would - they give the $2.50 credit!
(The late fee is due to my bank changing the online bill pay to a new, improved, brain-dead system that doesn't pay the bills.)

Almost $400 a year to use my own equipment.

I insisted they cancel CANCEL CAN CELL CANCEL. Good riddance.

Maybe they can make it up in volume.
I have had horrible experiences with Comcast Customer and Tech support. All basic canned responses. Plain vanilla service. About a year and a half ago, I came across their Twitter feed. I have had excellent experience contacting Comcast via Twitter. If you are on Twitter, I highly suggest you contact Bill Gerth @comcastcares or @comcastbill or Will Osborne @comcastwill. Both have helped me in the past with billing issues, and/or service issues. There are other Comcast employees on Twitter, but I have only dealt with Bill and Will. I believe, based on my experience, these guys are much more highly trained, and are willing to help people out. I would start with Will. He is very fast to respond if he is working.

https://twitter.com/#!/ComcastWill
__________________
JB
Sony S2, SVR-3000, lifetime (11/02)-160GB drive upgraded 11/04 (limited to 137GB)
TiVo S2, 540 unit, lifetime (7/05)-250GB drive upgraded 5/06
TiVoHD, lifetime (10/09)-1TB drive upgraded 5/10

Last edited by jjberger2134 : 02-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.
jjberger2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #39
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by myosh_tino
Seeing how I just went through resolving the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees I'd thought I would include how Comcast handles things where I live in Cupertino, CA. I have...

* TiVo Series 3 w/2 S-cards
* TiVo HD w/1 M-card
* TiVo Premier w/1 M-card

...a total of 3 TiVos with 4 cable cards

I get charged $4.40 for the cable cards ($1.10 x 4 cards), there are no additional outlet or HD technology fees and I get a $2.50 customer-owned-equipment credit.

A couple of months ago, I had a tech come out to replace the cards in my Series3 because they stopped working but during this call, I got Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees added to my account. I went to my local service center (Sunnyvale, CA) to question the new fees and they were promptly removed from my bill. The explanation I got was the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees only apply when using Comcast-supplied equipment. These fees are waived if a customer uses their own equipment like a TiVo.

Note: I realize that I should only be paying for 3 cable cards but due to quirks in the billing system, it was either pay for 4 cards ($1.10 more) or deal with the Additional Outlet and HD Technology fees ($18 total), otherwise my Series3 wouldn't work properly. I'm perfectly fine with paying the extra $1.10 for the 4th cable card.
So who did you talk to. Guy, lady, white, black. I am getting hit with a weird mix as well. I need to print bill off and bring it in. I just want to start with something that worked. What time and day did you go in.
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #40
myosh_tino
Registered User
 
myosh_tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
So who did you talk to. Guy, lady, white, black. I am getting hit with a weird mix as well. I need to print bill off and bring it in. I just want to start with something that worked. What time and day did you go in.
Sorry but I don't remember offhand but if you go to the Sunnyvale service center on El Camino between Wolfe and Remington, I found the people working there to be quite friendly. I did go first thing in the morning and was one of the first people through the door.

Good luck!
__________________
My TiVo Timeline...
Sony SVR-2000 w/Lifetime --> TiVo Series 2 --> Tivo Series 3 (Lifetime transferred) + TiVo HD w/Lifetime + TiVo Premier XL w/Lifetime
myosh_tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |