TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
rbeauch

14.9.2 and Tuning Adapter Problem

Since getting the 14.9.2.2 update my Tivo is regularly reporting that the tuning adapter is no longer connected and then after a few minutes that it is now reconnected. This will happen several times a day. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone else having this problem? I use Cablevision.
Series 3 HD - 500 gb
Tivo HD - 500 gb
Tivo HD - 750 gb
Tivo HD - 750 gb
rbeauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeauch View Post
Since getting the 14.9.2.2 update my Tivo is regularly reporting that the tuning adapter is no longer connected and then after a few minutes that it is now reconnected. This will happen several times a day. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone else having this problem? I use Cablevision.
Sorry, mine is not doing that. Premiere + Cox + Motorola tuning adapter.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
rainwater

Are you sure you adapter isn't actually going offline? Do you still see the solid green light when you get this message?
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

No issues here Premiere + Cox + Cisco TA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Sorry, mine is not doing that. Premiere + Cox + Motorola tuning adapter.
I may have spoken too soon. I turned on the TV and was greeted by "Problem with the signal on this cable channel. Trying again." Channel 1071 NGCHD. I then tried other channels and was getting things like "This channel is not authorized on just about everything. Contact your cable provider for more information." These are channels I know I get. I power cycled the tuning adapter and after a minute, all the channels were back again.

A few hours later, it happened again.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
DrewG5

I'm not seeing this issue with Charter and, the moto ta. Hope I'm not saying that too soon. Has any one tried disconnecting, the TA and TiVo for a minimum of 30 seconds yet, not just the USB power as well?
DrewG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG5 View Post
I'm not seeing this issue with Charter and, the moto ta. Hope I'm not saying that too soon. Has any one tried disconnecting, the TA and TiVo for a minimum of 30 seconds yet, not just the USB, power as well?
I did power cycle mine. The TiVo noticed and said it was gone, then later confirmed it was back.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Installed CableCARD and Cisco TA on my sisters new Premiere today, (I had already done Guided Set-up W/O the CC and TA at my house and got the 14.9.2.2 update and transferred a few programs to her new TiVo.

Today, I took the Premiere to her house and installed the CC and TA and it would not get past "Acquiring Channel Information" it is stuck on 75% and will not complete. Cox claims the CC and TA are both paired correctly, I went through 3 different techs and about 4 hours of time, I should have called TiVo support but it was too late, they were already closed. Cox is now requiring a Truck Roll. What a crappy evening.

I wish I had seen this link on TiVo's site while I was still over there.
http://support.tivo.com/ci/fattach/g...936/redirect/1

CableCARD was new unused as was TA both dated summer 2011
TA was synced with a solid Green light

Attempts made:
  • Repeated Guided Set-up with and without CC and TA
  • Removed CC and TA and was able to access full guide info and analog channels
  • Re-inserted CC and was back to "Acquiring Channel Information" stuck at 75%
  • So the TiVo is not completing the download of the digital mapping it would appear

Any Ideas?

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-18-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
moyekj

CoxInPHX, if you haven't already power down both TA & TiVo for 5 mins or so and then power them up at same time. (i.e. instead of rebooting TiVo from menus physically unplug it along with TA). I know it sounds like a stupid CSR type solution but that actually helped fixed a TA problem I was having once where it would not get proper channel map for all channels.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
CoxInPHX, if you haven't already power down both TA & TiVo for 5 mins or so and then power them up at same time. (i.e. instead of rebooting TiVo from menus physically unplug it along with TA). I know it sounds like a stupid CSR type solution but that actually helped fixed a TA problem I was having once where it would not get proper channel map for all channels.
I concur with Moyekj. It seems stupid, but sometimes stuff like this works when everything else fails.

Tuning adapters are a pain in the *ss.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Jets

Yesterday I would have confirmed that I am having the same trouble with the TA. But today, I am actually watching TV almost all day watching some downright ugly football. NO TA disconnects at all. Very strange. I hate the tuning adapter. FWIW, I have never seen a recording that was interrupted by the ta message. Am I just lucky or is something else going on...
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #12
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Yesterday I would have confirmed that I am having the same trouble with the TA. But today, I am actually watching TV almost all day watching some downright ugly football. NO TA disconnects at all. Very strange. I hate the tuning adapter. FWIW, I have never seen a recording that was interrupted by the ta message. Am I just lucky or is something else going on...
I have been watching TiVo all day, on and off, while wrapping presents. Mine has had zero issues today with the TA, too. Perhaps it was just moody? Time will tell...
Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #13
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I have been watching TiVo all day, on and off, while wrapping presents. Mine has had zero issues today with the TA, too. Perhaps it was just moody? Time will tell...
And yet AGAIN I get to retract a posting. Was just about to go to bed, and what I was watching turned into "Trouble tuning this station" or whatnot. Nothing would make it work except to power cycle the TA. It returned to normal a minute before the TiVo even popped up the message that the TA was connected again.

I can tell this is going to be a royal pain in the *ss.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #14
unitron

Quote:
And yet AGAIN I get to retract a posting. Was just about to go to bed, and what I was watching turned into "Trouble tuning this station" or whatnot. Nothing would make it work except to power cycle the TA. It returned to normal a minute before the TiVo even popped up the message that the TA was connected again.

I can tell this is going to be a royal pain in the *ss.
Perhaps you can join all of the S3 HD owners with timers on their TAs to help with garbage collection and "running out of guide data" nag messages.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Thanks nothing worked, Cox rolled a Tech. CC + TA were not entered and paired correctly, They removed them from the account and re-entered everything in the "proper order" and wallah Magic.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Thanks nothing worked, Cox rolled a Tech. CC + TA were not entered and paired correctly, They removed them from the account and re-entered everything in the "proper order" and wallah Magic.
I have had a similar experience when I called in the past and they re-entered everything. Strange that NOTHING on my side changed, so they must have gremlins in their system somewhere.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
Tony Chick

I've never had Tuning adapter issues, but since 14.9.2.2 every morning I find the orange power light blinking and the Tivo reports there is no TA. I have to pull the USB from the back of the TA and reconnect it to fix the problem. Very annoying, another minor release that introduces more new bugs.
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote