Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #181
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Anyway, I do hope some people found THIS thread useful.
Very useful. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and keep it up.
forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #182
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
The new v20.2 software fixes the problem of quick delete within a group with the clear button.

You can do that again.
This new release (V20,2) also fixed the quick delete of a xfered program from another TiVo, and fixed the problem of using the play button to resume playing a program and not start the program back at the beginning, so progress is being made. But again only one of my four TPs got the upgrade so I can't test any improvements in MRV etc. TiVo should upgrade the total TPs on one account at the same time.

The OP has done a great job on this thread about 14.9.2.2, a job that TiVo should have done itself with release notes, I get upgrades on my ATI display card all the time and they have release notes with each new update.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #183
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The OP has done a great job on this thread about 14.9.2.2, a job that TiVo should have done itself with release notes, I get upgrades on my ATI display card all the time and they have release notes with each new update.
+1

Most software releases from most commercial vendors have some form of release notes. Although, how detailed they are varies wildly. Expecting TiVo to get as detailed as this thread may be asking a bit much, but certainly a laundry list of the new features and known bug fixes would be a good start. TiVo used to do this ages ago.
forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #184
danjw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum1 View Post
+1

Most software releases from most commercial vendors have some form of release notes. Although, how detailed they are varies wildly. Expecting TiVo to get as detailed as this thread may be asking a bit much, but certainly a laundry list of the new features and known bug fixes would be a good start. TiVo used to do this ages ago.
In the past with major releases, Tivo has dropped a message on the box, once it was up to tell you at least some of the new stuff you were getting.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #185
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjw1 View Post
In the past with major releases, Tivo has dropped a message on the box, once it was up to tell you at least some of the new stuff you were getting.
True, but they only just highlighted major new features. They didn't list all the stuff they changed (and why). They also never showed a bug list.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #186
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
They also never showed a bug list.
TiVo, admit to having bugs in their software?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #187
sbiller

Quote:
True, but they only just highlighted major new features. They didn't list all the stuff they changed (and why). They also never showed a bug list.
Crxssi, are you going to volunteer to create the 20.2 change log?!? Please!!!
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #188
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Crxssi, are you going to volunteer to create the 20.2 change log?!? Please!!!
Well, I think I am worn out from this one. Plus, it could be a month before *I* ever see the version 20 update That leaves me unable to verify anything. Generally, I hated adding anything I could not verify.

I hope someone else will take up the torch for the version 20 update. If they steal my format, hey, I am fine with that!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #189
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Well, I think I am worn out from this one. Plus, it could be a month before *I* ever see the version 20 update That leaves me unable to verify anything. Generally, I hated adding anything I could not verify.

I hope someone else will take up the torch for the version 20 update. If they steal my format, hey, I am fine with that!
OK, it seems that TiVo heard me and might even want me to continue with this stuff, since I suddenly have the 20.2 update. Hmmm.

Against my better judgement, I will create a 20.2 changelog. It will be located at this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb....php?p=8891074