TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #121
Joe Siegler

Here's another one, although I can't recall the last time I actually used this feature.

"Save to VCR" is gone.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #122
MC Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Here's another one, although I can't recall the last time I actually used this feature.

"Save to VCR" is gone.
Save to VCR has been gone for a while now.
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #123
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum1 View Post
I don't have a tuning adapter, just a CableCARD, and got the "Problem with the signal on this cable channel. Trying again." message on one of my two Premiere units. The other unit had no problems with the same channels. Changing channels on the confused Premiere did nothing and I finally told the unit to reboot. Then the channels tuned in just fine. So far I have only seen this issue the one time.
It happened again, on the same unit. Again, rebooting cleared the error. Looking back at the recording history I can see that scheduled recordings were missed with the explanation "This program was not recorded because the video signal was unavailable."
forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #124
Tony Chick

So 14.9.2.2 seems to have pretty much ruined my Premiere. I had no tuning or TA problems before, now I have 2 problems which others seem to also have.
1. Some mornings, the TA power light is blinking and the Tivo says there is no TA. I pull the USB on the TA and reconnect and it usually recovers.
2. Many recordings do not complete due to the "Problem with the signal on this channel, trying again" message. This also happens while watching live TV, it happens in the middle of a program not when first changing to the channel. Changing channels then back usually fixes it. I think these are all SDV channels using the TA but I can't swear to it.

I just can't rely on it to record anymore.
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #125
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hammer View Post
Save to VCR has been gone for a while now.
What does it show up as now?
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #126
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What does it show up as now?
Nothing, it's just "gone".

Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #127
aaronwt
HD Addict

I'll need to look closer at the next time I burn something to disc for my GF.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #128
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
2) if I have a piece of video I copied over from my desktop, I can no longer delete it from Now Playing with the clear button. I have to select the video, and pick the delete option from within there. That's definitely changed behaviour.
Like others, I have been unable to replicate this behavior. I can transfer a video from my computer using PyTivo, then go to the "My Shows" and delete it, just as before, using the clear key, without having to select and view the description first.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #129
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Unfortunately, I just got my first TiVo intro animation again while navigating. I was on My Shows in the SDUI and pressed the "TiVo" button and got the cartoon animation.

This means the bug is NOT completely fixed. However I am leaving it in "positive" for the moment, because it still seems to be far less frequent than before.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #130
aaronwt
HD Addict

I noticed on the first post you state

Quote:
1.2.11 The lowest number of season pass episodes allowed now is 10 (it used to be 5).
I still have the option of 5 episodes. It defaults to 10 but I can still choose 5.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #131
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I noticed on the first post you state [...]

I still have the option of 5 episodes. It defaults to 10 but I can still choose 5.
Thanks for catching that. It is what I get for not confirming something first I get the same behavior as you do. Not sure if this is positive or negative... I don't really want to have a section that is "neither" (no need to complicate it). So I will change it and just leave it as negative, with the premise that a change that is neither positive or negative is basically negative, since it is a change that people have to adjust to.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #132
lessd

V14.9.2.2 has improved the QAM channel scan by not checking all the scramble channels as it did before, this has no meaning for anybody using a cable card. Now it just checks the analog channels you may not receive anymore, but it easy to un-check the analog channels you don't get and check the HD ones you you get.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #133
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Like others, I have been unable to replicate this behavior. I can transfer a video from my computer using PyTivo, then go to the "My Shows" and delete it, just as before, using the clear key, without having to select and view the description first.
I'm not using PyTiVo - just the TiVo Desktop software. Happens to me every single time. Self created video, or internet downloaded video. Doesn't matter, happens 100% of the time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Unfortunately, I just got my first TiVo intro animation again while navigating. I was on My Shows in the SDUI and pressed the "TiVo" button and got the cartoon animation.

This means the bug is NOT completely fixed. However I am leaving it in "positive" for the moment, because it still seems to be far less frequent than before.
I didn't think to report that. I get the animation quite a few times - mostly when I hit the big TiVo button on the remote. I've never seen this come up before this version unless I was rebooting, or I hit "0" from Now Playing. This one is new to me.

Quote:
I noticed on the first post you state

I was the one who brought that up. To clarify, I said it DEFAULTS to 10. It used to default to 5. Not that you couldn't pick 5.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #134
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I didn't think to report that. I get the animation quite a few times - mostly when I hit the big TiVo button on the remote. I've never seen this come up before this version unless I was rebooting, or I hit "0" from Now Playing. This one is new to me.
Well, it is not new to others, who have been plagued with this SDUI bug since the last two updates. I was having it appear at least once every day. Now it has happened only once since the update.

This is troubling. I am posting a followup on the related thread hopefully to gather more statistics on it: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=471010
Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #135
Joe Siegler

That's bizarre. I'm now seeing the opening animation come up a lot, whereas I never saw it before. The thing I'm seeing where I can't delete internet or manually created video with the clear button, and all of you guys can do it?

I wonder what the deal is here.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #136
ldwaard

Has anyone else noticed the guide filters not working correctly? When I enable the filter and go back to the guide it's empty. If I go back into the filter setup and exit back to the guide it seems to work, but it's rather annoying to have to go back into the filter twice to get it to work. I use the HDUI, but not sure that's relevant for the guide info.
ldwaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #137
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwaard View Post
Has anyone else noticed the guide filters not working correctly? When I enable the filter and go back to the guide it's empty. If I go back into the filter setup and exit back to the guide it seems to work, but it's rather annoying to have to go back into the filter twice to get it to work. I use the HDUI, but not sure that's relevant for the guide info.
I attempted to replicate this by setting a filter of "Comedy" with no sub category. Went back to the guide and everything not comedy was greyed out. So it seems to be working properly for me.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #138
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

This is a hard one I think for you guys to replicate, but I set up a season pass for the Daily show. First run only, 5 episode max. For some reason it's still recording the episodes that are marked as repeats. I can see "R" in the guide data. I have confirmed numerous times that I marked First Run only. Does this have anything to do with the 28 day rule?

In fact it did it again the night before last with Suburgatory.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #139
trailmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
This is a hard one I think for you guys to replicate, but I set up a season pass for the Daily show. First run only, 5 episode max. For some reason it's still recording the episodes that are marked as repeats. I can see "R" in the guide data. I have confirmed numerous times that I marked First Run only. Does this have anything to do with the 28 day rule?

In fact it did it again the night before last with Suburgatory.
This has been a long-standing problem with the Daily Show and Colbert Report although it is not as bad as it used to be. Piers Morgan Tonight has carried on the tradition of Larry King Live in being the worst offender (every repeat records).
trailmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #140
MoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwaard View Post
I've been having this same problem. Sometimes, if you wait a few minutes it will eventually load. Yeah, it's concurrent for me with the update.
MoBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #141
hillyard

I emailed tivo and they sated that they were not going to fix the guide problem. that they decided to remove that feature. So I told them to cancel my subscription on the premier box and just leave the HD box since its filter works. They said I would have to pay an etf for the premier if I did that. So I am thinking on asking the state attorney general if these changes constitutes a material change in my contract
hillyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #142
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyard View Post
I emailed tivo and they sated that they were not going to fix the guide problem. that they decided to remove that feature. So I told them to cancel my subscription on the premier box and just leave the HD box since its filter works. They said I would have to pay an etf for the premier if I did that. So I am thinking on asking the state attorney general if these changes constitutes a material change in my contract
What "guide problem"? You mean the bug that a few people reported that they can't use filters in the guide? The one that doesn't affect other people? It is a bug. It is not a removed feature that "Tivo is not going to fix".

Sorry to say, but that is pretty minor in the overall scheme of bugs that many people have had to put up with since the day the Premiere was released. Rebooting, freezing, TA issues, resolution issues, etc, etc.

It sounds like you didn't buy your TiVo, you financed it. I doubt your attorney general will have much interest. Not that I don't understand your frustration, however.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #143
jrtroo
User

Quote:
I emailed tivo and they sated that they were not going to fix the guide problem. that they decided to remove that feature.
Can you post this email? sounds like the kind of answer you get from a CSR who is being pulled in a million directions and who is being measured by keeping call times down.
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #144
napereira

I'm still surprised the full hd ui hasnt been released. Seriously what's the hold up? What have they been doing at TiVo for years? Directv just released theirs and it looks amazing.
napereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #145
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Can you post this email? sounds like the kind of answer you get from a CSR who is being pulled in a million directions and who is being measured by keeping call times down.
Exactly. Over the years contacting TiVo has steadily progressed into an exercise in futility. Nowadays they either give you a total BS answer right off the bat, or if you are lucky to get someone that cares and has half a clue, you can be assured that person will be thwarted by the ogres running the show. Help is better found on this forum.
forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #146
JandS

Erratic screen-blanking with radio channels

Another weirdness+badness of 14.9.2.2: when we switch from watching a "normal" cable channel (one with audio and video) to an audio-only cable channel (a radio station carried on the cable), the last video image isn't consistently blacked out anymore.

Prior to 14.9.2.2 the screen would go always black and then after some time (maybe 5 min., never timed it) the TV's built-in power-saving would disable the screen.

Now, most of the time (but not all), the last image on the previous channel stays on the screen (inevitably somebody open-mouthed and silly looking) and it doesn't go to black even when changing from one radio channel to another, or even when the TV is turned off and on again.

It's like the Tivo now is using a separate "video buffer" that doesn't get flushed properly when audio-only signals are received, so the TV screen stays on displaying the last image.

The only way to get rid of the errant image seems to be to change the channel to different regular (audio+video) channel and then back to the radio channel, sometimes 3-4 times before it correctly blacks out.

Premiere XL, Comcast.
JandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #147
Joe Siegler

I think I have another one. It's not major, but..

I was in Kids club, and was showing 11 of one of the shows my daughter watches. However, one was on at the time, and was being recorded as a suggestion. This new one was NOT showing up in KidZone, but I could see it on my iPhone, and I could see it if I exited KidZone. If I went into KidZone, it wasn't shown.

If I tried to play said episode from my phone, the entire screen went black. It came back after a hit of the big TiVo button on the remote. Once it was done recording it showed up.

It appears that an incomplete recording of a show that would normally show up in KidZone didn't show up due to the fact that the show was still currently recording.

This is a change in behaviour, it used to show you incomplete recordings before.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #148
hillyard

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your inquiries. I do apologize, but we have gotten word from our engineers that those two features will no longer be valid on the TiVo Premiere boxes. With the software update 14.9.2.2, it has removed both of those features. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. when you press fast forward, you will not need to press play to proceed back to the recording. You can submit a features request to our engineers for features you would like to see in a future software update
Old 12-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #149
hillyard

I can relearn to push play instead of ff for the 4th time but the guide filter is what needs fixed. Got 300 channels and I only want to look at the HD ones.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #150
moyekj

Quote:
I can relearn to push play instead of ff for the 4th time but the guide filter is what needs fixed. Got 300 channels and I only want to look at the HD ones.
Can't you use "favorites" for that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote