TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

In HDUI all folder will show when you page through, where before folders around s-z would be missing.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #32
LoveOvit

Exclamation We have lost the Toggle to Make the Timeline Quickly Disappear with 14.9 "Upgrade"!

Toggle to Make the Timeline Quickly Disappear with the 14.9 "Upgrade" More Complicated!

=====================
Update: See the Solution/Workaround posted above which works, until TiVo changes the functionality, to enable it on even new Tivos with no archived programming which still contains banner ads, or TiVo owners with no older banner ad recorded shows...for which I have no solution yet...
======================
The toggle for the super fast disappearance of the Timeline no longer works on 14.9. It worked on every TiVo model and every firmware version, including 14.8 The upgrade to 14.9 has now broken it!
Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select no longer works to enable it!
We are now stuck with a 3 second display of the timeline banner EVERY time you pause, 30 second skip, or 8 second rewind. It is a huge screen obstruction and one of the main reasons I stuck with TiVo over a cable DVR: I can disable it on TiVo---at least I could until the upgrade to 14.9!

You have to manually press Clear every time to get rid of it, turning a clean interface for moving around within a program to a major pain in the tush, when you now have to press Clear after every Pause, 8 second rewind, and 30 second advance, to clear up the screen.

If there is any text or crawling info in the programming at the bottom of the screen, it is hidden behind this annoying timeline display for a full 3 seconds, when you are trying to see the whole screen while selecting the segment you want to find.

This is a definite HUGE step back!
It can't be intentional.
On 14.8, with all the annoying commercials on the timeline, you had to first see the commercials on every show, press the down key to get rid of them during pause, and then you could play the show and enter the above code sequence to get the timeline to disappear automatically within a 1/2 second, so it never got in your way.
Now that TiVo has gotten rid of the commercials on the Timeline, due to complaints from all users, when they stripped out the commercials from the timeline, they also inadvertently stripped out the ability to use the above key toggle to get rid of the 3 second timeline display, which Tivo calls the "quick" banner display. The default "normal" display is 6 seconds or so.

Please call Tivo and report this missing undocumented feature, and tell them how important it is that it be restored, before the full rollout of 14.9
The rollout of 14.9 is only 25% complete and Tivo is very responsive to early reports of loss of functionality that have no benefit for Tivo, such as this one, as they have removed the commercials that were the only reason for prolonging the display of the timeline.

The baby got thrown out with the bathwater this time, and I am sure it was unintentional, as THREE separate key toggles (the other TWO are below) have worked on all Tivos on all firmware versions for the last 10 years. There is no logical reason to break one of them between version 14.8 and version 14.9 on the Premiere units.

On the bright side, the other two toggles still work on 14.9----

Select-Play-Select-9-Select still works to display a digital timeline progress on playback, and the time of day, in the lower right of the screen, obviating the need for the analog timeline which it replaces, which used to be able to be quickly hidden with the now disabled toggle described above.

Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select still enables the original version of the 30 second commercial skip, without having to see any of the content it is skipping. To advance to the ticks, simply start any of the levels of FF and then press the 30 second commercial skip button to advance in 15 minute increments. Same in reverse---any level of rewind, and press the 30 second commercial skip button to back up in 15 minute tick intervals.

Last edited by LoveOvit : 12-16-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Updated
LoveOvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #33
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOvit View Post
We have lost the Toggle to Make the Timeline Quickly Disappear with the 14.9 "Upgrade"!

The toggle for the super fast disappearance of the Timeline no longer works on 14.9. It worked on every TiVo model and every firmware version, including 14.8 The upgrade to 14.9 has now broken it!
Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select no longer works to enable it!
We are now stuck with a 3 second display of the timeline banner EVERY time you pause, 30 second skip, or 8 second rewind. It is a huge screen obstruction and one of the main reasons I stuck with TiVo over a cable DVR: I can disable it on TiVo---at least I could until the upgraded to 14.9!

You have to manually press Clear every time to get rid of it, turning a clean interface for moving around within a program to a major pain in the tush, when you now have to press Clear after every Pause, 8 second rewind, and 30 second advance, to clear up the screen.

Just press play again. Doesn't that also remove it from the screen?
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #34
JandS

Audio drop-out time when going from watching live TV to pressing the Tivo Central screen is greatly reduced. The video window now displays much faster, too. Both improved by a (subjective) factor of about 3-4x.

Audio dropout the reverse direction (Tivo Central back to live TV) is slightly improved but not as much.

While toggling from Tivo Central to Live TV (using the 2 buttons on remote), the info screen flashes onscreen for a fraction of a second; don't recall whether it used to do this (perhaps just slower), but whatever, it's very annoying now.

(Tivo connected via HDMI to Denon 4310CI. s/w 14.9.2.2-01-2-748, updated today).
JandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #35
LoveOvit

Solution for 14.9.2.2 Update for Superfast Banner Clearing

Further research here on the forum (fabulous resource!) has unearthed a workaround solution to re-enable this superfast banner clearing of the Playbar/Time line AFTER the 14.9.2.2 Update, which gets rid of the annoying ads on the banner/playbar/timeline

Find an older archived show with the banner ads still on the playbar. You must have at least one for this to work, that was recorded before 14.9.2.2 Update. Play that show, pausing and unpausing it until the banner ad is seen. Then press down to remove the banner ad, press Play and then follow the Code key series: Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select

Now, the green playbar will clear superfast, just like before on ALL programming without needing to go through this process on every single show separately, as before!

Don't forget to save this show, with the banner ads, permanently (SAVE UNTIL I DELETE), to use again, after any reboot to re-enable the superfast clearing of the Playbar! You have to have at least one older show with the embedded banner ads for this to work!

Enable the digital timeline and time in the lower right hand corner with Select-Play-Select-9-Select to replace the annoying analog banner timeline.

TiVo Nirvana again...
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #36
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOvit View Post

Further research here on the forum (fabulous resource!) has unearthed a workaround solution to re-enable this superfast banner clearing of the Playbar/Time line AFTER the 14.9.2.2 Update, which gets rid of the annoying ads on the banner/playbar/timeline

Find an older archived show with the banner ads still on the playbar. You must have at least one for this to work, that was recorded before 14.9.2.2 Update. Play that show, pausing and unpausing it until the banner ad is seen. Then press down to remove the banner ad, press Play and then follow the Code key series: Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select

Now, the green playbar will clear superfast, just like before on ALL programming without needing to go through this process on every single show separately, as before!

Don't forget to save this show, with the banner ads, permanently (SAVE UNTIL I DELETE), to use again, after any reboot to re-enable the superfast clearing of the Playbar! You have to have at least one older show with the embedded banner ads for this to work!

Enable the digital timeline and time in the lower right hand corner with Select-Play-Select-9-Select to replace the annoying analog banner timeline.

TiVo Nirvana again...
FYI: This bug was found even with the S3 platform when there was no banner ads for a short time.

If you don't have any shows with a banner ad, you can still activate S-P-S-Pause-S.*
Start by playing a previously recorded show and then press 'Info' to display the channel banner.
While the channer banner is displayed, enter the S-P-S-Pause-S sequence.

* NOTE: This works with a TivoHD. Not sure about the S4 platform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #37
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
15) On the System Information screen, "Internal Temperature" was changed to "MBT" (Main Board Temperature?) and the "C" for Celsius was dropped after the Temp reading.
Yeah, I noticed that. It's like they're trying to obscure the meaning of that line. :/

Or maybe they're planning for additional sensors to report the temperature in other areas? But that wouldn't explain the removal of the "C".

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #38
tommyprevatt

In the HD-UI, when you clicked on the TiVo button before, the video and audio used to pause for a second when it opened the TiVo menu. Now it continues to play the sound and the video doesn't seem to pause even as it's moving to the top right corner. (I'm on and antenna, so this might only be for antenna watchers)
tommyprevatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

The Video window usually had it off
I believe it use to only let you see live Tv even if you was in a recording, plus it would not stay paused, in fact it would go to the start of the buffer.

Now the Video Window acts as a true screen source of the last content it was playing.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #40
mmf01

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post

Confirmed on S4. Lightning quick now. Thanks!
mmf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #41
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon WIlkinson View Post
The Video window usually had it off
I believe it use to only let you see live Tv even if you was in a recording, plus it would not stay paused, in fact it would go to the start of the buffer.

Now the Video Window acts as a true screen source of the last content it was playing.
This behavior was the same in 14.8c, and has been since I set-up my first Premiere in Aug, 2011

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #42
hillyard

Guide data is lost when I set the filter to HD channels I receive. Every channel states To Be Announced I have force connect to tivo server 3 or 4 times a day and still get the same thing. have restarted it a couple times a day and still no guide info. Is there a way to revert back to the old software as this didn't start happening until wed
hillyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #43
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyard View Post
Guide data is lost when I set the filter to HD channels I receive. Every channel states To Be Announced I have force connect to tivo server 3 or 4 times a day and still get the same thing. have restarted it a couple times a day and still no guide info. Is there a way to revert back to the old software as this didn't start happening until wed
I do not lose data, But there does appear to be issues with using the Guide Filter, as I mentioned on the first page "All" has been removed from the Categories.

When I turn on the Filter for HD everything turns gray whether HD or not. I have never used the Filter before, but this does not seem correct. Also with the Filter On the Guide goes blank and then takes several seconds to load.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-17-2011 at 05:28 AM.
CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #44
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyard View Post
Wow... tried turning on the filters. It appears that the filter is not picking up HD programs as indicated. Turning filtering on also slows down both the Live Guide and TiVo Guide by a lot. I'm guessing its 3-4 times slower making it unusable. I'm using the HDUI not that I think it matters.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #45
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Yeah, I noticed that. It's like they're trying to obscure the meaning of that line. :/

Or maybe they're planning for additional sensors to report the temperature in other areas? But that wouldn't explain the removal of the "C".
The temp change happened with 14.9.2

I first noticed it on my Elite and then my Premieres when they got 14.9.2.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #46
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Wow... tried turning on the filters. It appears that the filter is not picking up HD programs as indicated. Turning filtering on also slows down both the Live Guide and TiVo Guide by a lot. I'm guessing its 3-4 times slower making it unusable. I'm using the HDUI not that I think it matters.
The Grid Guide works much better with Filtering On than the TiVo Live Guide. It looks like they are pre-caching in the Grid Guide and not on the TiVo Live Guide. It does appear that the Filtering is picking up some HD programs but not all.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #47
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Actually, deleting a whole folder of shows at once is MUCH quicker. I deleted my suggestions folder last night, which had 17 things in it. Was deleted in a matter of 3-4 seconds, where before, it could take as long as 30.

But the "deleting" popup when trying to delete a program with the clear button only now shows up if the program I'm trying to delete is inside a folder at the time I do it. If it's on the "top level", then it doesn't have the popup.
Now I understand, I will test that tonight.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #48
Joe Siegler

Found a new one. Normally when I go to bed at night, I'm watching my TV shows outside of KidZone. By the morning, KidZone has turned itself on, and it's all good. However, this afternoon, the auto timer hadn't kicked in, and I had to manually put the TiVo into KidZone, as I was about to have my 6 year old watch something.

Well, when I did that, I discovered the big blue "Please Wait.." box was SERIOUSLY off spot. There's normally a delay of about 3-4 seconds or so from the moment you tell it to go into KidZone and the time it's actually displayed. Hence the "Please Wait.." box. Normally, it's in the center of the screen. Not this time. It was mostly off the screen in the upper left hand corner. See the attached image.

I wonder if this happens to everyone. Even if you don't use KidZone, go set it up once, then escape KidZone back to normal "Now Showing", then use the option that's now at the top of Now Showing to go into KidZone. Selecting that brought up the seriously off kilter display of "Please Wait.." It's not a showstopper, but it does make me wonder where the frig QC was on this stuff. The 30 second skip forward thing also has a really messed up display (although not as bad as this). Surely SOMEONE saw these? Bueller? Bueller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1302.jpg (39.5 KB, 48 views)

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.

Last edited by Joe Siegler : 12-17-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #49
robaustin

With regard to the changed guide - for those of us using a TiVo premiere with an SD tv - the grid guide now takes up the whole screen and is actually cut off on the left and right sides - just BARELY but enough to be annoying.
robaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #50
craigf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Found a new one. Normally when I go to bed at night, I'm watching my TV shows outside of KidZone. By the morning, KidZone has turned itself on, and it's all good. However, this afternoon, the auto timer hadn't kicked in, and I had to manually put the TiVo into KidZone, as I was about to have my 6 year old watch something.

Well, when I did that, I discovered the big blue "Please Wait.." box was SERIOUSLY off spot. There's normally a delay of about 3-4 seconds or so from the moment you tell it to go into KidZone and the time it's actually displayed. Hence the "Please Wait.." box. Normally, it's in the center of the screen. Not this time. It was mostly off the screen in the upper left hand corner. See the attached image.

I wonder if this happens to everyone. Even if you don't use KidZone, go set it up once, then escape KidZone back to normal "Now Showing", then use the option that's now at the top of Now Showing to go into KidZone. Selecting that brought up the seriously off kilter display of "Please Wait.." It's not a showstopper, but it does make me wonder where the frig QC was on this stuff. The 30 second skip forward thing also has a really messed up display (although not as bad as this). Surely SOMEONE saw these? Bueller? Bueller?
I noticed the same thing on my Premiere this morning.
craigf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #51
DonB.
Love My TIVO !!

Another thing I did noticed that I did not read posted here, when you go into the guide and check a certain channel and click on a show to see if you remembered to record that show, when viewing it, use to show a green check mark, it does not have that anymore, it simple says this show is schedule to record now.
DonB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #52
LoveOvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
FYI: This bug was found even with the S3 platform when there was no banner ads for a short time.

If you don't have any shows with a banner ad, you can still activate S-P-S-Pause-S.*
Start by playing a previously recorded show and then press 'Info' to display the channel banner.
While the channer banner is displayed, enter the S-P-S-Pause-S sequence.

On my Premier XL units, both now updated to 14.9.2.2, pressing 'Info' does not bring up the Channel banner. It only brings up the Info information during the playing of a previously recorded show, which won't allow the SPSPauseS sequence to enable the superfast clearing of the green Playbar.

Am I missing something, or are you not on 14.9.2.2 to be able to test it yet?

My method works under 14.9.2.2 if you can get an ad to display during pause, on any previously recorded show, recorded when banner ads were recorded with every show.

It also works on my HD-XL unit, which now also has no banner ads, except on old programming kept as SAVE UNTIL I DELETE, recorded when there were still banner ads, as all banner ads got recorded with the program back then.

Otherwise, I believe we are out of luck, until the programmers fix the unintentional removal of this SPS code. The other two main ones that have been around for over a decade still work under 14.9.2.2. The 30 second commercial skip still works (use 3-0 instead of SPACE). The digital timeline and time still work (use 9 instead of SPACE).

Last edited by LoveOvit : 12-17-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #53
pig_man

As reported here, the SDUI reports program size incorrectly.

Example:

SDUI reports 0.11 GB
HDUI reports 11.69 GB
pig_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #54
jaquade

Manage one Tivo from another

I have three tivo's networked and now I can delete content while browsing the recorded shows on the remote Tivo's.

Used to be only able to delete content on the tivo you were directly controlling, like the feature, especially since I use one the most
and want to purge shows on all at the same time.
jaquade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #55
MirclMax
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_man View Post
Reported for 14.9.2 and persisting in 14.9.2.2:

"Native mode" broken for 480i and 480p material
Having this issue myself. Very displeased.

If you find something I have said helpful, please return the favor by helping someone else.
MirclMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #56
sbiller

Quote:
I will continue to try and update the first posting in this thread you are now reading ( http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...00#post8858900 ) to make it more like a single log. I might have to break it into categories soon.
Not sure if it is part of #14 or if it deserves its own line but the Grid Guide now fills more of the screen. I happen to be a user who prefers the Grid Guide over the TiVo Live Guide but I don't use the guide very often.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #57
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Not sure if it is part of #14 or if it deserves its own line but the Grid Guide now fills more of the screen. I happen to be a user who prefers the Grid Guide over the TiVo Live Guide but I don't use the guide very often.
Yep- that is 14
Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #58
sbiller

Quote:
Yep- that is 14
Just FYI but if your feeling very ambitious you could sort your change log in this sort of format --> http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...edia-tivo.html
Old 12-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #59
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Just FYI but if your feeling very ambitious you could sort your change log in this sort of format --> http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...edia-tivo.html
Was just waiting to see how long this sucker was going to get. Then probably by SDUI, HDUI, and non-UI, then positive and negative under each.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #60
OC7

Not sure if these items are new to this release or if I just never noticed them before:

1) When you press the Info button, there is an icon on the right hand side that shows info about current and alternate audio - this appears in both live and recorded shows

2) When you press the Info button, there is an icon on the right hand side that shows info about the other tuner - this appears in live shows only

3) When you press the Up arrow, the current Video Format is displayed in the lower right portion of the screen for a few seconds - this works for both live and recorded shows
OC7 is offline   Reply With Quote