TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
jmohn3

NETGEAR Powerline 500 Nano 1 GigE Port

Does anyone have experience using a NETGEAR Powerline 500 Nano 1 GigE Port with a Tivo Priemer 4 box? I'm trying to dodge the Tivo n band doggle price tag.

jmohn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
Thom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmohn3 View Post
Does anyone have experience using a NETGEAR Powerline 500 Nano 1 GigE Port with a Tivo Priemer 4 box? I'm trying to dodge the Tivo n band doggle price tag.
I use a Netgear Powerline 500 (don't know if it is a Nano or not) to connect my living room entertainment center to my router in the garage. Four TiVos, four game consoles, and one DirecTV DVR all use this powerline box without problem. I've downloaded and streamed HD movies through it.

Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I use Zyxel Powerline adapters here and Dad uses Netgear, they've never been an issue and have performed far better than any wireless solution on both homes.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
jmohn3

NETGEAR Powerline 500 Nano 1 GigE Port

Thank you dianebrat, Thom for your replies. Exactly the response I was hoping to receive.

jmohn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:42 AM   #5
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Just an FYI - Powerline adapters do not work very well over aluminum wiring, should you happen to be so unlucky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote