TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #1
laria
Librocubicularist

The Biggest Loser: Glory Days - Season Thread *SPOILERS*

I think it should be interesting to see all these former athletes get fit again!

I am a big fan of that new Blue trainer.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Glad to have the show back and glad that theyre taking a page out of Australia's book with Bob's "secret" team. It should be an interesting seasonin regards to how people that SHOULD have had exposure to training like this hold up.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
laria
Librocubicularist

This article on EW.com, http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/11/th...er-premiere-2/, mentions:

Quote:
After Rachel Frederickson’s controversial victory last season, the producers are giving themselves a second chance with The Biggest Loser: Glory Days. All 20 contestants this year are former athletes, which theoretically should mean their minds and bodies are better suited for the intense regime expected of this competition. These former champions already know what it takes to be a winner but also understand the concept of limits and discipline, something Frederickson was criticized for lacking.
Of course, Rachel was a former national level swimmer and should have had the same discipline as any of these former athletes. Or maybe even more in some cases, a couple of them are "high school cheerleader" and "state champion basketball player", which obviously they were former athletes, but not on the same level as Rachel or some of the other people this season.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I told my wife that I would gain 200 pounds to be trained by Jennifer. lol I will not miss Jillian at all.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Jennifer reminds me a lot of Erin, the receptionist on The Office.

I'm interested in seeing how long they keep the Comeback Canyon a secret. It'll be fun seeing each person's reaction as they get out of the limo and see Bob.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
BrandonRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Yes, she does. It took me a few minutes until it clicked, but I agree 100%
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:

I'm interested in seeing how long they keep the Comeback Canyon a secret. It'll be fun seeing each person's reaction as they get out of the limo and see Bob.
In the Australian version, they usually keep it secret down to top 5 or 6 and people lose their minds when the person comes back.

The AU version (And I know I say this all the time, Im sorry) USED to be SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the US version. The last couple of seasons havent been as good and their Jillian, Michelle Bridges isnt coming back for the next season. I think she has gotten too big for their show and is actually trying to make a name for herself here in the US. She is pretty much the equivalent of Jillian celebrity wise in Australia.

Im loving the new version of the show, tho.. the new trainers seem pretty good. I really wish they would take a page out of the Australia playbook and do some of the things they did in the first 3 or 4 seasons. They really screwed with the contestants but I bet they got a lot of flack for a bunch of the stuff they did. Their temptations were off the chain.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
laria
Librocubicularist

I was amused the new super hot trainer ended up with 5 of his 6 team members be women. Might have just been coincidence, but I would have picked him, too!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #9
laria
Librocubicularist

I feel like this season must have finished filming really close to the air date... the first 2 people to go home, their updates don't seem like they have really lost that much weight yet. I mean, 45 lbs is obviously good, but Vanessa is a big/tall lady.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I found it odd that I got Episode 2 which was 2 hours and then it looks like they re-edited the same content and aired it as Episode 3 but was only 1 hour. Are they doing that all season? I seem to recall NBC doing something like this for The Apprentice at one point.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I found it odd that I got Episode 2 which was 2 hours and then it looks like they re-edited the same content and aired it as Episode 3 but was only 1 hour. Are they doing that all season? I seem to recall NBC doing something like this for The Apprentice at one point.
I dunno but in my guide it was just labeled as an episode 2 recap, not episode 3.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #12
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think it would be better to let the people that are eliminated stay longer with Bob, maybe the person that loses the most weight rejoins the others later in the show. It would give everyone a better chance of learning what they need to do.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #13
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
I found myself almost constantly distracted by Jen's shorts during this episode!

I do enjoy the red line going for as long as it is - I think that cuts way back on all the drama that isn't really necessary for this show.
JLucPicard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I agree on both counts!!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #15
laria
Librocubicularist

This season has really been kinda ho-hum.

I do not miss all the overly dramatic eliminations where they sit around the table with the domed plates, though. That was kind of weird that we had at least one of those and then they went back to the red line.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I'm glad they do the red line, it makes it a different game and eliminates the backstabbing. I do wish they kept the people with Bob a little longer though.