TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Inside the NFL anyone

Does anyone (but me and my kids) watch this? What do you think of the almost completely new cast? Although I kind of despise Chris as a person, he is really good at this type of show and was a great foil for Phil. I don't see Boomer filling that roll well at all. Also, in the second episode did Boomer drink too much coffee/red bull/meth? The chest thumps must have really pissed of the sound guy! Ed Reed is a bit too laid back to fill the Warren Sapp "role". Gumble is fine, but seems much older and more tired compared to James Brown (who I'm guessing didn't leave on good terms since unlike Chris he got no sendoff), probably more appearance than delivery. The surprise for me is how much I like Brandon Marshall (I have him in FF, so I like him fine there too). He's got a really bright future once his playing days are done!

Also, what's with the overly dark set with the two giant piles of rocks wrapped in chicken wire??
Old 09-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
dfergie

Chris was perfect for this show, Boomer is pretty much another Phil imho, I used to like Greg Gumble when he hosted the NFL Today way back when, but miss the dynamic with JB and even Sapp... might stop watching as it looks too much like the current CBS pre-game show now. It took me awhile to get used to the show after Len & Nick left and the move to Showtime, but I think it's changed way too much now for me.
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
kdelande
TiVo-Wobble

I long for the Len and Nick days of old. That was such a great show.

XBL: kdawg5
kdelande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

It seems to me like every new cast is worse than the last one, but I still watch. I’ve never been a fan of Phil or Boomer. If they’ve ever said anything insightful, I missed it.

I loved Ed Reed as a player, but don’t see his broadcasting career lasting too long.

Brandon has surprised me, too. Based on his on/off-field reputation, at least from his younger days, I had always thought of him as a dumber version of Randy Moss. But he’s been great – good for him.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelande View Post
Me too. I gave up on it when they moved from HBO to Showtime. It is nothing like the show it used to be.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelande View Post
Agreed. That's when I used to watch it, back in the HBO days. There's so many NFL shows these days that THAT show is pretty much irrelevant.