TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
heyted

Smile TiVo Virtual Remote With Guide in Browser

I added a few lines of code to wmcbrine's virtual remote Python program. I changed the action of the Guide button from sending the guide signal to starting a browser window with a guide and buttons to change the channel. There is probably a better way of programmatically doing this, but it works.

Web.py version 0.37 is required -- http://webpy.org/ . As of the date of this post, sudo apt-get install python-webpy on my Ubuntu machine does not install 0.37.

If you are not a Comcast customer, you will need to change the web address in TV_Listings_TiVo_Remote.html to an appropriate guide site. There is no fancy way of changing the buttons in the browser -- you will need to modify the html file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (52.2 KB, 46 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip RemoteBrowserGuide.zip (23.4 KB, 12 views)
heyted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
astrohip
Stuart F

Sounds very cool. As a religious user of wmcbrines's program, this looks like a neat add-on.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote