TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
He'sDeadJim

Problem downloading Outdoor Channel HD video with kmttg.

I don't know enough about kmttg to say if the problem is with that program or somewhere else.

On Monday kmttg worked fine to download videos from the Outdoor Channel HD to my desktop computer. On Wednesday all I got were small, audio-only mpg files. I don't remember any program updates between the two days but there might have been. Standard definition programs from the same channel work normally as do all programs from a few other channels I've tried.

My stuff:
Verizon FiOS
TiVo Series 4 Premier Elite: software version: 20.4.6a.RC1-01-2-758
Verizon STB
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
kmttg v1.1n

I have the same issues on an identically configured laptop.

The programs were fine to watch on the TV so I re-booted the TiVo which didn't help (I've rebooted it two more times since then).

I switched kmttg to Transport Stream and it appears to download the entire program. I then found that TiVo Desktop set on fastest speed, and downloading TS files in a browser all seem to work, but not the program streams.

The tivodecode program doesn't work with TS format files, so I downloaded the trial version of VideoRedo Plus, got a key and registered it. I couldn't get it to work with kmttg so I tried loading videos directly into the program. It works fine with files from other channels, but with the TS files from Outdoor HD I get "H.264/AVC video streams are not supported in this version" messages. It looks like I would need to spend $100 for the TV Suite version to find out if that would fix my problem.

I then decided to try DirectShow Dump, but Norton anti-virus flagged it (by reputation) as dangerous and removed it. Probably a false positive, but I thought I'd ask here before I pulled it out of quarantine.

The ideal solution for me would be to be able to switch kmttg back to program stream and use tivodecode. The simplest would be just to watch the programs on TV, but that's so 20th century.

Any help will be appreciated.

He'sDeadJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

You don't have to spend any money to free-trial, completely uncrippled, **any** version of VRD (You need TV Suite 5 to handle H.264 files). Just download and install, then look for the free trial registration in the menu system. This gives you 15 days to try it.

Apparently your cable system is using H.264 for that channel (which is pretty uncommon but not unheard of) and apparently your Premiere can handle it -- that's one I'm not sure of but I believe they can.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
He'sDeadJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
You don't have to spend any money to free-trial, completely uncrippled, **any** version of VRD (You need TV Suite 5 to handle H.264 files). Just download and install, then look for the free trial registration in the menu system. This gives you 15 days to try it.

Apparently your cable system is using H.264 for that channel (which is pretty uncommon but not unheard of) and apparently your Premiere can handle it -- that's one I'm not sure of but I believe they can.
Thanks - I didn't see they were offering free trials on all the versions - I'll do that tomorrow.

The TiVo handles the channel just fine as you suspected - I just can't get them in a usable form on the computer yet.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I would recommend completely uninstalling whatever version of VRD you have, before installing a new version -- just to avoid possible complications.

and
Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
He'sDeadJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
I would recommend completely uninstalling whatever version of VRD you have, before installing a new version -- just to avoid possible complications.
Thanks - was just about to do that.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #6
He'sDeadJim

We're making progress.

I downloaded VideoReDo TV Suite and registered the trial version. I can now open .tivo files and work with them, convert them to watch on another player and such.

I've tried to get kmttg to do it automatically but I keep getting messages like this for all the files I've tried (standard or high def, different channels etc.):

qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "D:\Utility source files\Video\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs" "D:\Videos\tivo\Apr 25 2103 Engineering Disasters - Kentucky Sinkhole (Orig 2015-04-25).TiVo" "D:\Videos\tivo\Apr 25 2103 Engineering Disasters - Kentucky Sinkhole (Orig 2015-04-25).ts.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock7205597929895082067 .tmp /c:mpegts /v:mpeg2video D:\Utility source files\Video\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(52, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

I haven't a clue what most of that means.

I've searched for fixes and checked that kmttg Auto Transfers are working, Windows script host is enabled, vbscript.dll is registered, and UAC is turned off.

On kmttg when the shows are downloading the queued job was "qsfix." I have them same problem whether QS Fix is checked or not.

Where does ActiveX fit in? Maybe VBScript is corrupt?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
dlfl
Cranky old novice

My guess is a problem with the Windows scripting system but the best way to get this answered is to bring it to the attention of Kevin Moyer, the author of kmttg. Suggest posting a request with a link to your above post in the kmttg thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=387725

and
Old 04-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #8
He'sDeadJim

Thanks - I'll do it.