TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
SumerNivek

Amazon Prime/Instant Video on Roamio OTA?

Hi all,

I am a new user of the Roamio OTA, coming over from a TiVo HD. I got the OTA all set up yesterday and was able to connect to the TiVo mothership to get my TV guide lineup, and that is all good. However, I don't see the Amazon Prime Video/Instant Video app anywhere on the OTA's menu. Additionally, as I try to select "What to Watch Now" and "Browse TV & Movies" under the "Find TV, Movies, and Videos" category, both of these options show a C501 error.

Also of note, my "Search" function says it is temporarily unavailable, and if I highlight a show in the guide for "OnePass" setup, my TV screen flickers and goes back to the guide with no OnePass option ever coming up. Luckily, I got around this by selecting a show in the guide and selecting "Explore this Show," which let me set up a OnePass that way.

So anyway, lots of little bugs I am seeing with new OTA, and I forced a connection to TiVo's servers about 11:45 AM EST today and these bugs are still happening. If anyone has any suggestions (especially trying to locate the Amazon app, as well as YouTube), I would appreciate it!

SumerNivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumerNivek View Post
Hi all,

I am a new user of the Roamio OTA, coming over from a TiVo HD. I got the OTA all set up yesterday and was able to connect to the TiVo mothership to get my TV guide lineup, and that is all good. However, I don't see the Amazon Prime Video/Instant Video app anywhere on the OTA's menu. Additionally, as I try to select "What to Watch Now" and "Browse TV & Movies" under the "Find TV, Movies, and Videos" category, both of these options show a C501 error.

Also of note, my "Search" function says it is temporarily unavailable, and if I highlight a show in the guide for "OnePass" setup, my TV screen flickers and goes back to the guide with no OnePass option ever coming up. Luckily, I got around this by selecting a show in the guide and selecting "Explore this Show," which let me set up a OnePass that way.

So anyway, lots of little bugs I am seeing with new OTA, and I forced a connection to TiVo's servers about 11:45 AM EST today and these bugs are still happening. If anyone has any suggestions (especially trying to locate the Amazon app, as well as YouTube), I would appreciate it!
Have you tried a "restart" since you connected to TiVo? Sometimes that helps with the little bugs.

eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Scooter Scott

I still have it on mine...

Scooter Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
NashGuy

Have you tested to make sure your TiVo's network connection is good? Check under Settings & Messages > Settings > Network. If that all looks good, go to Settings & Messages > Settings > Channels > My Video Providers and make sure all your desired video apps (e.g. Amazon Prime, Amazon, You Tube, etc.) have a check in the box beside them. If things still aren't right, restart your box under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset > Restart.

If things still aren't right when it reboots, call TiVo Support.

NashGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
SumerNivek

Thanks for the tips, guys. I will try some of these once I get the TiVo back up an running...as now my TiVo won't even verify itself under the Guided Setup "Getting Setup Info." Long story short, I tried deleting everything since I had nothing on the new OTA and thought it may help with bugs like it has with other people. It now looks like the TiVo servers are having trouble determining when my TiVo was activated by Amazon, per TiVo tech support after I did the deleting of everything in the box. They have elevated my problem (not able to get through Guided Setup) to their next tier, and I am try Guided Setup again tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
SumerNivek

UPDATE: Looks like TiVo is done migrating the OTA from Amazon to me fully now, and everything is working!!! Amazon is there, no C501 errors, and "What to Watch" and the "search" function fully work! Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Old 01-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
Scooter Scott

Good to hear!

Old 01-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #8
herzzreh

Same issue. Called them around 8pm yesterday, still no luck as of 2pm today. Very frustrating.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

herzzreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #9
mickinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzzreh View Post
Same issue. Called them around 8pm yesterday, still no luck as of 2pm today. Very frustrating.

ANY luck ?? 7 hrs nothing mine will not see aps?

mickinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #10
Scooter Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzzreh View Post

Did you go under Settings --> Channels --> Video Providers and is amazon there and checked?

Thanks For This Post: