TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
PGLJunk99

Desktop Transfers Have Same Name In Folder

I am transferring seasons of various TV programs from my PC using Tivo Desktop 2.8.3 to my Roamio. The programs are transferring just fine, but the episode titles within the folder are all coming up the same name of the first episode transferred.
Example: Season 3 of 24 will create the proper folder name (24 - Season 3) but each of the 24 episode under the folder is labeled "10:00-11:00", even though all the individual episodes are transferred and playing properly.
Some series are .mp4, some are .avi. Tivo help desk said I have corrupted the system by transferring anything other than .mp2/4 or .tivo and will not cover it under warranty.

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?
PGLJunk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I'd say that you have got a wierd CSR. The way the files are names is the way Tivo desktop does it. It downloads as .tivo encrypted files, and will only play on PCs with Tivo Desktop installed and with the same Media Access Key as the Tivo.

Decrypting is with a program like TivoDecode and then any PC can play it.

I use PyTivo and KMMTG. KMTTG lets you customize the file names.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGLJunk99 View Post
I am transferring seasons of various TV programs from my PC using Tivo Desktop 2.8.3 to my Roamio. The programs are transferring just fine, but the episode titles within the folder are all coming up the same name of the first episode transferred.
Example: Season 3 of 24 will create the proper folder name (24 - Season 3) but each of the 24 episode under the folder is labeled "10:00-11:00", even though all the individual episodes are transferred and playing properly.
Some series are .mp4, some are .avi. Tivo help desk said I have corrupted the system by transferring anything other than .mp2/4 or .tivo and will not cover it under warranty.

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?

On the PC, do the files each have the proper name in the file?

Like, there's a 10:00 to 11:00, and then there's an 11:00 to 12:00, 12:00 to 1:00, et cetera.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
bootman_head_fi

I have seen this also and it started after the last Tivo update.
My workaround is to put each individual file in a folder with the same name as the file.
That was the only way not to have each file have the same name.

But doing this loses the ability to group them in one single folder.
bootman_head_fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
Fly Dude

Same problem here and I believe it affects anyone that is trying to transfer folders of videos from a PC to a TiVo. I hope they fix it soon.
Fly Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
PGLJunk99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
I have seen this also and it started after the last Tivo update.
My workaround is to put each individual file in a folder with the same name as the file.
That was the only way not to have each file have the same name.

But doing this loses the ability to group them in one single folder.

I was considering doing that as a work around as well, but didn't want to put all that Effort into it

And I concur, this has only begun to happen since the last refresh. I have 2 Roamios (one standard, one pro) and it has occurred on both machines.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
PGLJunk99

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
On the PC, do the files each have the proper name in the file?

Like, there's a 10:00 to 11:00, and then there's an 11:00 to 12:00, 12:00 to 1:00, et cetera.

Yes- All files are properly named on the PC. I have same issue with multiple series that I have attempted to transfer. Each time the series transfer, the folder is created properly, but the first file transferred is used to name each of the following files transferred thereafter.