TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
blueshift22

Arrow Help: FIOS Stuttering with Roamio

I'm a long time Tivo Owner... Series 2, Series 3, Premiere, Roamio, etc

I've had Verizion FIOS for several years, worked fine with a few different Series 3 and 4 units.

I now own a Roamio Plus, Purchased in January 2014. For the first several months of it's operations, everything was fine.

However beginning several months ago, live TV started stuttering. On live TV, it typically appears as a brief pause of the picture, audio usually continues unaffected. I typically do not get a macroblocking effect while watching live TV... just a perfect freeze frame for a second or a fraction of a second. When playing back recorded TV, these pauses are far more pronounced, usually effecting audio as well as pausing video for several seconds at a time until it recovers. Likewise streaming these recorded programs or Live TV to my Tivo Mini lasts only seconds it at all before becoming interrupted.

I've tried several things:
1- Tried adding a coax attenuators, including stacking multiple attenuators; No effect.
2- Verizon has swapped out my cable card for the latest version (MCPOD3; No effect.
3- Ran Tivo Hard-drive tests via Kickstart menu; Passed

Please help!

Andrew
blueshift22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Could it be running hot? What does the menu say? What environment is it in (ventilation, etc.)?

Either way, I'd try replacing the hard drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Dang, it could be the tivo, it could be the signal.... If its the tivo the drive could be dying, but I'd be concerned that the power supply or chipset might not be at 100% too.

Has FiOS been out to test the signals? Theres a lot more things that can go wrong with a signal than it being too hot.

Does FIOS pass any unencrypted signals? Can you use a tv as a tuner to pull in basic channels to see if the signal is clean? ... or do you have any other boxes, either FIOS boxes or tivos?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #4
ulf.berglund@gma

What is FIOS???

Is my life bad because I dont care about a FIOS. I guess it is :-)
ulf.berglund@gma is offline   Reply With Quote