TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
azscottb
TivoAddict

Angry Channel down acting like channel up

After the recent service update was applied to my Tivo, I noticed the following issue. If I hit channel down too fast, it starts acting like a channel up. This is independent of whatever remote I use, whether I use the one that came with the Premeire XL, the slide keyboard remote, or my harmony one.

Its massively annoying. Working with Tivo is less than helpful. Their suggestion was to reboot. Didnt do diddly

Any ideas?

Scott
azscottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
tatergator1

I assume you're talking about using Chan Up/Down when in the menus?

The only behavior I've seen that could be described as this would be selecting a menu item, and then hitting Chan Down before the next menu screen fully loads. This applies to menus with an ad at the bottom and also for individual shows when they are grouped in folders. Both the ad and the "Play all" menu items take another second to load and if you hit Chan Down before those load, the selection bar will jump back to the top of the screen after the page fully loads. The Tivo software has done this for years and is not the result this update.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
azscottb
TivoAddict

your assumption is incorrect
This problem is occurring in live TV mode

If I wait a second between each channel down press, it works
If I do what I used to do, it starts acting like a channel up
Its made channel down totally unusable
Its now faster for me to use the guide to change channels, or to directly key in the number
azscottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

I'll be the first to chime in, why are you changing channels and not recording content?

To each there own, but there is a better mousetrap!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I usually use the guide when surfing or enter a channel number. Back when I had a STB and blasters, channel up and down were painful due to the time to transmit each new channel number (the blasters always commanded the new channel specifically rather than transmitting up or down) so I weaned off using it.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
tatergator1

You made me curious about this, so I just tested. This is certainly a bug, but you have to be changing channels crazy fast to see it. You're clearly not channel surfing, but trying to get to a specific channel number. I don't see this being a high priority bug for TiVo. I'd just get used to entering the channel number.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
lancelot

There is a bug. I've noticed it on all of my boxes. Sometimes the channel goes up instead of down. Hope tivo sees this and fixes it.
lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote