TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
kryan2

Motorola MTR700 w/ tivo

Bright house hooked this up to my TiVo xl....and I am wondering if the USB connection from this is needed to TiVo? My other USB is for my wifi adapter, and now I have no room for my USB adapter that came with my slide remote
kryan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
LoREvanescence

by xl to you mean a tivo hd xl or tivo premiere xl?

If so you wont be able to to connect your tivo to the cable box. You will have to get a cable card and put into your tivo.

I'm guessing by the slide remote you have a premiere.

a premiere has no way of talking too, or recording something from a cable box. only a series 1 or 2 tivo can.

You will have to call bright hosue back out, tell them you need a MultiStream Cable Card, and have them install it in your premiere. The cable box is not needed unless you want another box so you can access on demand / ppv or you want to put it in another room.
LoREvanescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post
by xl to you mean a tivo hd xl or tivo premiere xl?

If so you wont be able to to connect your tivo to the cable box. You will have to get a cable card and put into your tivo.

I'm guessing by the slide remote you have a premiere.

a premiere has no way of talking too, or recording something from a cable box. only a series 1 or 2 tivo can.

You will have to call bright hosue back out, tell them you need a MultiStream Cable Card, and have them install it in your premiere. The cable box is not needed unless you want another box so you can access on demand / ppv or you want to put it in another room.
Both the HD and Premiere uses Cable cards and NOT cable boxes. The differences are, HD is Series 3, Premier is Series 4.

A slide remote will work on a Series 3 as well as 4.

Kryan, you should be able to add a USB Hub to get additional ports. The Tivo wireless adapter must be plugged into the Tivo instead of the hub.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
LoREvanescence

oh, sorry, I was thinking they were trying to hook the tivo up to a cable box. I just googled that model and found it to be a tuning adapter.
LoREvanescence is offline   Reply With Quote