TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
amark

Hulu Plus-Crackle A Whole Lot Better!!!! Where Is That?

Just my opinion-I paid for Hulu Plus for older TV shows and selection was not worth paying for-even if free not worth looking at!
Using Crackle on PS3 and Ipad and WOW-for older TV shows unbelievable the selection. Showing my age I guess. But for the price "FREE" you can not beat it. Commercials are minimal for time and amount.
So the question is......Any chance of adding Crackle????
amark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Dante101
...in between dreams

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if Crackle is so much better, then Hulu+ must be horrible (I haven't signed up yet, so I don't know about Hulu+). I just went to Crackle's website and the only TV shows from the 50s and 60s were "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Bewitched." That's it!

From the 70s they only offer "Barney Miller," "Good Times," "Sanford and Son" and "Soap" (plus a couple of Japanese animated shows).

I don't know where you live, but if you dig out the old rabbit ears you'll find a lot of "over the air" digital substations (like Antenna TV, Retro TV and ME TV) each have a great selection of older TV shows. Tomorrow they'll start airing "Burns and Allen" on Antenna TV -- looking forward to that. Looking forward to yesterday.
Dante101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Isn't Crackle just Sony's old catalog of shows and movies? I like it, but it's not huge yet... FREE however is a good thing.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
caddyroger

Sorry I took a look at Crackle only about 7 or 8 shows that was in the 50's and 60's are on Crackle. Hulu has more then that just in the 60's. It is a no go for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
rainwater

Crackle is free however. I use it on my Roku all the time. They don't offer HD streams for newer content but its still close to dvd quality.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote