TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
shadowfrom88

20.2 White Plus as a service provider?

I have 20.2....while searching for movies tonight, I pulled up the movie "Red" and my available service providers were "buy only", "amazon", and a white plus sign???? Anybody have a clue??
shadowfrom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I pulled up "Red (2010) HD" and my options are TV SHO2P Sat 1/14 5pm and Amazon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Ah, the white plus!

The white plus icon means the show/movie is available from a source you have unchecked. So, it may be available on TV, but only on a channel you don't have checked (in the Channel List), or it may be available from a video provider you have unchecked (in the Video Provider List).

We wanted you to know there is *some* way to get the show/movie, but we didn't want to put a logo in front of you for a provider you said you didn't want.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Margret, You are Awesome -- Thanks so much

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
The white plus icon means the show/movie is available from a source you have unchecked. So, it may be available on TV, but only on a channel you don't have checked (in the Channel List), or it may be available from a video provider you have unchecked (in the Video Provider List).

We wanted you to know there is *some* way to get the show/movie, but we didn't want to put a logo in front of you for a provider you said you didn't want.

--Margret
Margret,

That is very cool! Any thoughts about creating an icon for a source that is completely unchecked in the channel list. For example, I don't subscribe to Showtime but I know there is a program on Showtime called Homeland that is a highly rated new series --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/

When I search for Homeland I get nothing related to the 2011 TV Series. I would have preferred to see a white icon showing that it is available but I would need to subscribe to Showtime to see it!

Thanks!
~Sam (aka @techwzrd)
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
sbiller

I was trying to figure out a way to show a White Plus Icon. So far I've struck out trying to get one to appear.

For example, I deselected Netflix on the Video Provider List and than searched for Star Trek. I see the 2009 movie but it shows its available on Amazon for purchase. I guess I need to find a show that is only available on Netflix for it to show up?!?
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Saberj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
I was trying to figure out a way to show a White Plus Icon. So far I've struck out trying to get one to appear.

For example, I deselected Netflix on the Video Provider List and than searched for Star Trek. I see the 2009 movie but it shows its available on Amazon for purchase. I guess I need to find a show that is only available on Netflix for it to show up?!?
Sounds like it's for CHANNELS you've de-selected, specifically. Un-check ABC Family, then search for a Harry Potter movie. That should do the trick.
12/25/201 - Current: Tivo Premiere Elite
Saberj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
shadowfrom88

It must be for channels because I have all my video providers active.
shadowfrom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post

--Margret
Why not put the logo there, but "greyed out", so as to tell them who's got it but indicate extra steps will be needed to get it?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote