TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #211
brettatk
If I Only Knew

I had an issue last night with Eureka. The first one that hit the feeds apparently had some kind of problem with sabnzbd. I had to manually download an alternate feed this morning. First time I've ever seen that problem before and I'm guessing it had something to do with the sabnzbd link being broken.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #212
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
99% positive your ISP doesn't index the binary usenet groups, most don't. You'll have to subscribe to an independent usenet provider.
You are probably correct as I just switched ISPs recently and haven't spent much time poking around their Usenet server. My last ISP dropped Usenet access a while back.

Can you give me an newsgroup or two that I can check and seeing if they are indexing? I'm assuming if I can see them and subscribe to them in Thunderbird that they are being indexed.
Mike_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #213
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_TV View Post
Can you give me an newsgroup or two that I can check and seeing if they are indexing? I'm assuming if I can see them and subscribe to them in Thunderbird that they are being indexed.
alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.teevee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #214
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I too am having issues.

I have SickBeard d/l the nzb into my folder that is being watched by SABnzbd. However, SABnzbd is not then downloading the show.

If I try to open that nzb with SABnzbd manually, it tells me it is not a valid nzb.

If I go search for the nzb myself the way I always did and drop it into the watched folder, SABnzbd downloads the show just fine.

I have had this problem for two shows now.
Can you go into Sickbeard 'History' and see from which NZB search provider those problem NZB's where snatched from? It's possible there were problems with the NZB's. If they came from the same search provider, you could try using an alternative one.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #215
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.teevee
I can see and subscribe to both of those newsgroups through Thunderbird, so I'm guessing my ISP is indexing them.

I'll attach a screenshot.

Maybe I need to sign up for other search providers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Newsgroup.jpg (30.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #216
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

And a log snippet...

Sep-14 17:47:04 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds
Sep-14 17:46:41 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Clearing Sick Beard Index cache and updating with new information
Sep-14 17:46:20 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Clearing Womble's Index cache and updating with new information
Sep-14 17:46:19 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Searching all providers for any needed episodes
Sep-14 17:46:19 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Beginning search for new episodes on RSS
Sep-14 17:46:19 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Changing all old missing episodes to status WANTED
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #217
2004raptor

This sickbeard is killing me. So, it never downloaded any of the david letterman shows but I figured no one uploaded any so I deleted it. Now, I'm trying to add a show (any other show) and it won't even let me add one. After I get to step 3 in the Add Show it goes to the show list. It says "(loading)" under Next Ep and says "Loading...(path:/name of show) under Show. And I've left it alone for 15 - 20 minutes, nothing changes. I'm using alpha build 488. Is this what everyone is using? Is it stable? My PC is plenty powerful enough but something is not working. I need to get past this before I can figure out if it will even download. I know I need to adjust some settings from what I had before but I can't even get past this.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #218
danterner
Not it!

Try just reloading the page (F5 it).

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #219
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Can you go into Sickbeard 'History' and see from which NZB search provider those problem NZB's where snatched from? It's possible there were problems with the NZB's. If they came from the same search provider, you could try using an alternative one.
Looks like they both came from NZBs'R'US. I have disabled that provider. I will see what that does.

Thanks!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #220
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
This sickbeard is killing me. So, it never downloaded any of the david letterman shows but I figured no one uploaded any so I deleted it. Now, I'm trying to add a show (any other show) and it won't even let me add one. After I get to step 3 in the Add Show it goes to the show list. It says "(loading)" under Next Ep and says "Loading...(path:/name of show) under Show. And I've left it alone for 15 - 20 minutes, nothing changes. I'm using alpha build 488. Is this what everyone is using? Is it stable? My PC is plenty powerful enough but something is not working. I need to get past this before I can figure out if it will even download. I know I need to adjust some settings from what I had before but I can't even get past this.
Yeah, you have to refresh the page in your browser after you add a show to see the results in Sickbeard. Even though Sickbeard is listed being in Alpha, it's very stable and is reliable once configured. Once Sickbeard is tweaked for your system, the only time you need to touch it is to add or remove tv shows.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #221
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Looks like they both came from NZBs'R'US. I have disabled that provider. I will see what that does.

Thanks!
NZBs'R'US doesn't work the best with Sickbeard. I would suggest using 'Sickbeard Index' as primary search provider (free). I would suggest signing up with Nzbmatrix and/or nzb.su as a secondary search provider. Lifetime accounts with those search providers are cheap.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #222
Wil
Senile Member

Knocking over Convenience Stores?

Is this the appropriate thread on Tivo Community Forum for discussing various techniques for knocking over convenience stores? Or should we start a new, more specific thread for that particular illegal activity?

What's the thinking here about weapons, pro or con? Do clerks tend to regard the mere _threat_ of a weapon seriously enough or do you actually have to show you mean business?

How do you deal with the surveillance cameras?

Is there any computer program available that tracks the amount of cash likely to be on hand, by zip code, time of day, Chain?

How often do you schedule your robberies? Weekly? Monthly? Can you make it work on a less frequent basis?

Do you report your robbery income for tax purposes? All, or just some of it?

Thanks.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #223
BrettStah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
Is this the appropriate thread on Tivo Community Forum for discussing various techniques for knocking over convenience stores?
Here is the link you need since you apparently don't like this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...788&forumid=31

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Last edited by BrettStah : 09-15-2011 at 04:43 AM.
BrettStah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #224
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettStah View Post
Here is the link you need since you apparently don't like this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...788&forumid=31
I tend not to click on links from suspect sources, so I'm not sure where that link goes. If you're suggesting I report to Tivo Community Forum moderators the turn this thread has taken toward discussing illegal activities, I'd prefer to see us police ourselves. I think this thread has slid into illegality without our really thinking about it.

Let's just stop.

[EDITED TO ADD: NOT stop the thread itself, which is completely legitimate for most of its life; just stop the recent foray into specific and detailed instructions for breaking the law via sickbeard, etc..]

Not stop because the thread is shut down by moderators (usenet is a totally legitimate subject) but stop because we're responsible adults and we don't need to be treated like misbehaving children; we know what's appropriate here (TV shows) and we've just gone a little too far.

Last edited by Wil : 09-15-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #225
Ment

Thread is months long so its not going to stop. So do your worst or better make a debate thread of your own to be topical. Or rant on a hacking TIVO thread to be consistent.

So did anyone get in on the Terabyte Tuesday 1TB for $50 block acct from Newsgroupdirect ? That's insane prices and apparently they do this every month pretty much.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #226
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
I tend not to click on links from suspect sources, so I'm not sure where that link goes. If you're suggesting I report to Tivo Community Forum moderators the turn this thread has taken toward discussing illegal activities, I'd prefer to see us police ourselves. I think this thread has slid into illegality without our really thinking about it.
Why don't you do everyone a favor and make use of the "Ignore this thread" option available on this site?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #227
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Try just reloading the page (F5 it).
I've refreshed, relaoded, restarted. Everything. Nothing ever shows up. I know it worked before because I added one before. It just never downloaded so I was starting over.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #228
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

Did a test last night for "Survivor" and it ended up working. SABnzdb did download it after Sick Beard found it during it's regular search cycle. Now I need to play around with the post processing stuff to get it into the right folder. I didn't change anything in the configuration from my earlier post.

So using my own ISP's Usenet server and the Sick Beard Index (both "free") it appears that I'm able to grab the recent and/or popular stuff without the need to subscribe to a premium Usenet server or pay for a Usenet search provider.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #229
BrettStah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil

Let's just stop.

[EDITED TO ADD: NOT stop the thread itself, which is completely legitimate for most of its life; just stop the recent foray into specific and detailed instructions for breaking the law via sickbeard, etc..]

Not stop because the thread is shut down by moderators (usenet is a totally legitimate subject) but stop because we're responsible adults and we don't need to be treated like misbehaving children; we know what's appropriate here (TV shows) and we've just gone a little too far.
The link will add this thread to your list of ignored threads.

I don't read every post in this thread, but I scrolled up a bit and I see people talking about Letterman and Eureka.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
BrettStah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #230
brettatk
If I Only Knew

Quote:
Did a test last night for "Survivor" and it ended up working. SABnzdb did download it after Sick Beard found it during it's regular search cycle. Now I need to play around with the post processing stuff to get it into the right folder. I didn't change anything in the configuration from my earlier post.

So using my own ISP's Usenet server and the Sick Beard Index (both "free") it appears that I'm able to grab the recent and/or popular stuff without the need to subscribe to a premium Usenet server or pay for a Usenet search provider.

Glad you got it working. I was thinking about what led me to pay for Astraweb and remembered it was to access other types of files besides just tv shows which I won't get into. I think a VIP membership at nzbmatrix was only like $10 one time. To me it was worth paying that to have a site index all the different files that are available. For what you are doing you could sign up at Nzbmatrix for free. The only difference in a free account and a VIP account is the number of retention days. I think free accounts can download shows back a couple hundred of days and VIP can go back 1200 days. Newsbin is another one that I've heard good things about but I believe you have to pay a monthly fee for it. I guess it just depends on how you are going to use it on whether it's worth it or not.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #231
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

@Malcontent and @brettatk

I signed up for a lifetime VIP account at Nzbmatrix for just over $11 which, I agree, is cheap. I added my details (user ID and API string) into Sick Beard and we'll see if "wanted" back cataloged / older shows pop up.

Now onto the whole post-processing thing and maybe a short document to keep track of all of the changes I made to get it set up. Like others have said, it could be a bear to get this up and running again if you had to reconfigure everything like on a new PC.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #232
Malcontent

Quote:

Double check to see if your ISP has a limit on the amount of data your allowed to download a month from their usenet servers. Some ISP's have download caps on their usenet servers. Also find out what the retention is on their usenet servers. They may only have enough retention for newer stuff.

If there are limits and low retention on your ISP's usenet servers, then a paid usenet provider may be needed.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #233
2004raptor

So I added Survivor. There wasn't one that said South Pacific so I just chose Survivor. Not sure if that matters???

It still says (loading) under Next Episode. has a question mark under Downloads. A green check under Active. Status says Continuing.

Does all that look right?

Under Search Providers I have everything checked. NZBsRUs, NZB.org, etc.
I don't have a "VIP" membership anywhere so I just entered my username in NZBMatrix under the Configure Built In Provider. I don't have an API Key (I think that's what VIPs get??)

Just noticed in the Log file section I have all of this.
Quote:
2011-09-15 15:35:23.303000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching NZBs'R'US, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.303000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching NZBs.org, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.304000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching Womble's Index, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.304000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching NZBMatrix, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.305000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching Newzbin, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.307000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching Sick Beard Index, skipping: unable to open database file
2011-09-15 15:35:23.307000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: No NZB/Torrent providers found or enabled in the sickbeard config. Please check your settings.
What exactly does that mean?

Last edited by 2004raptor : 09-15-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #234
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Double check to see if your ISP has a limit on the amount of data your allowed to download a month from their usenet servers. Some ISP's have download caps on their usenet servers. Also find out what the retention is on their usenet servers. They may only have enough retention for newer stuff.

If there are limits and low retention on your ISP's usenet servers, then a paid usenet provider may be needed.
Will do. It's a new ISP for me so I have limited details and will have to do some checking with them. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #235
2004raptor

I did a restart to see if the status or anything would change. Now, nothing is even there.

Apparently Sickbeard hates me.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #236
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I did a restart to see if the status or anything would change. Now, nothing is even there.

Apparently Sickbeard hates me.
Go to Config / General / Misc -- is the User Affinity toggle selected?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 09-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #237
2004raptor

Quote:
I'll check when I get home. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #238
2004raptor

Quote:
Under Config/General/Misc I have Launch Browser and Check for Update. Both are checked. There's also a Logging Directory with "Logs" in it. Nothing about User Affinity????????
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #239
danterner
Not it!

I'm sorry - I was just making a joke. I guess it wasn't that funny or obvious -- sorry if I got your hopes up that it was a real solution. (The joke was that you blamed the problem on Sickbeard hating you, so I told you to make sure "User Affinity" was selected). My earlier suggestion to refresh the page was serious though - that's what I always have to do (and it works) to progress from the interminable loading screen.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #240
2004raptor

Quote:
I'm sorry - I was just making a joke. I guess it wasn't that funny or obvious -- sorry if I got your hopes up that it was a real solution. .