Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #181
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I may try this. So, it will download a show automatically as soon as it shows up anywhere on newsgroups or only certain groups?

After it's downloaded can it (or another program) transfer the finished file through my network to another device?
Sickbeard will check a number of NZB indexing sites at defined intervals (default is every 15 minutes but can be changed) and when a show appears on an index site it will download the NZB which Sabnzbd will use to download the show. After it's downloaded, Sickbeard will process the downloaded show.

Sickbeard can move the downloaded show after being processed to any folder that is shared on your network. If you can set up a shared folder on your device, Sickbeard can move the show to it.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #182
innocentfreak

One of the Metadata options for Sickbeard is TiVo metadata so no need for a seperate tool.

We use SB even for shows we record just to track in the house what people have and haven't watched by marking shows ignored if we have seen them and skipped if we haven't.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #183
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Sickbeard will check a number of NZB indexing sites at defined intervals (default is every 15 minutes but can be changed) and when a show appears on an index site it will download the NZB which Sabnzbd will use to download the show. After it's downloaded, Sickbeard will process the downloaded show.

Sickbeard can move the downloaded show after being processed to any folder that is shared on your network. If you can set up a shared folder on your device, Sickbeard can move the show to it.
Thanks. I have a Western Digital Live that I put files on to watch on my TV. So, I think I'll give sickbeard a go.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #184
Malcontent

Quote:
Thanks. I have a Western Digital Live that I put files on to watch on my TV. So, I think I'll give sickbeard a go.
FYI, Sickbeard can generate metadata for the WDTV.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #185
2004raptor

Quote:
FYI, Sickbeard can generate metadata for the WDTV.
That's cool. Now I just have to google metadata.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #186
brettatk
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
One of the Metadata options for Sickbeard is TiVo metadata so no need for a seperate tool.
Only if you are letting Sickbeard do the post processing I assume? I was planning on letting SABnzbd do the post processing but I might do a test and see what happens with letting Sickbeard do it using the Tivo metadata option.

Edit: Doesn't look like post processing with Sickbeard is going to work for me. Take the show Chopped for example. With SABnzbd the download will be put in D:\TV\Chopped\Season 7\chopped.s07e01.hdtv.xvid-crimson.avi. With Sickbeard it's D:\TV\Chopped.S07E01.HDTV.XviD-CRiMSON\chopped.s07e01.hdtv.xvid-crimson.avi. With the series folders I create on my Tivo to put the shows in, I need it to do like SABnzbd does and keep all episodes from a show in one folder. Sickbeard is going to create a new folder every time. Oh well, like I said before Metadata isn't very important to me. All I need to know is the show and episode number and I'm good.

Last edited by brettatk : 09-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.
brettatk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #187
2004raptor

OK. i downloaded it and configured it for one show tonight so I can see how it goes.

Do you have to keep it open in a browser (sickbeard and/or sabnzbd)?

Sickbeard didn't actually "install" it was just an .exe inside of a rar file.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #188
Malcontent

Quote:
OK. i downloaded it and configured it for one show tonight so I can see how it goes.

Do you have to keep it open in a browser (sickbeard and/or sabnzbd)?

Sickbeard didn't actually "install" it was just an .exe inside of a rar file.
No, you don't need to keep either open in a browser. As long as both are running in the background you should be fine.

Did you download Sickbeard from the official website?

http://sickbeard.com/downloads.html
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #189
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
Only if you are letting Sickbeard do the post processing I assume? I was planning on letting SABnzbd do the post processing but I might do a test and see what happens with letting Sickbeard do it using the Tivo metadata option.

Edit: Doesn't look like post processing with Sickbeard is going to work for me. Take the show Chopped for example. With SABnzbd the download will be put in D:\TV\Chopped\Season 7\chopped.s07e01.hdtv.xvid-crimson.avi. With Sickbeard it's D:\TV\Chopped.S07E01.HDTV.XviD-CRiMSON\chopped.s07e01.hdtv.xvid-crimson.avi. With the series folders I create on my Tivo to put the shows in, I need it to do like SABnzbd does and keep all episodes from a show in one folder. Sickbeard is going to create a new folder every time. Oh well, like I said before Metadata isn't very important to me. All I need to know is the show and episode number and I'm good.
Sickbeard will do this if you check season folders under options, but yeah you will need to have SB do post processing.

Under Post Processing you can change the naming scheme and under the shows themselves there should be an option to use season folders.

This will result in TV\Chopped\Season 7\ and then all your videos and a folder for the TiVo Metadata.

Last edited by innocentfreak : 09-08-2011 at 07:03 PM.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #190
2004raptor

Quote:
No, you don't need to keep either open in a browser. As long as both are running in the background you should be fine.

Did you download Sickbeard from the official website?

http://sickbeard.com/downloads.html
Yes, the donwload link is here.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/list

I downloaded the first one, Alpha build 488. It may be installed but it's not listed in under All Programs. It's just a winrar file on my desktop that has the .exe in it and some other files. clicking on the .exe opens up Chrome and the Sickbeard main page. So, I don't know how it will run iin the background or even how sabnzbd can. I don't see anything in the systray regarding either one.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #191
Malcontent

Quote:
Yes, the donwload link is here.
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/list

So, I don't know how it will run iin the background or even how sabnzbd can. I don't see anything in the systray regarding either one.
Open 'Task Manager' and you should see Sickbeard and Sabnzbd running. You don't need your browser running for them to do their jobs.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #192
2004raptor

Cool. They are both running. Thanks.

I just figured there would be an option somewhere to check whether or not you wanted them to run. Didn't see it in Sickbeard anywhere.

Guess I'll see how it does its job tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #193
brettatk
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Sickbeard will do this if you check season folders under options, but yeah you will need to have SB do post processing.

Under Post Processing you can change the naming scheme and under the shows themselves there should be an option to use season folders.

This will result in TV\Chopped\Season 7\ and then all your videos and a folder for the TiVo Metadata.
Thanks for the info. I'll give it another test run on a slow night.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #194
2004raptor

ell, it didn't download the show I set up. I set up late show with david letterman becaus ei figured it would be available easily.

So, where do I go to manually check if it's been uploaded?

BTW I left everything at default as far as the other settings.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #195
brettatk
Thread Killer

Quote:
ell, it didn't download the show I set up. I set up late show with david letterman becaus ei figured it would be available easily.

So, where do I go to manually check if it's been uploaded?

BTW I left everything at default as far as the other settings.
HD or SD version?

It looks like there was a SD version uploaded but I don't see an HD version for last night. I search for everything on NZBmatrix, but any search provider site would work (NZBs.org, Newsbin, etc).

Last edited by brettatk : 09-09-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #196
2004raptor

Hd
Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #197
brettatk
Thread Killer

Quote:
Hd
See my edited post above. There is no HD version for last night available yet. When it does show up it should download.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #198
2004raptor

Oh, OK. Wow, kinda surprised. I would think that would be a show that gets uploaded pretty quick even in HD.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #199
brettatk
Thread Killer

The last HD feed uploaded was for the September 2 airing so it looks like they are a little behind.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #200
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
The last HD feed uploaded was for the September 2 airing so it looks like they are a little behind.
Thanks. So, where can I go to check what the latest things out are? I'd like to test it out again with something over the weekend that is typically uploaded pretty fast.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #201
2004raptor

Still curious about manually checking waht files are uploaded so I can make sure my set up is working.

Also, in Sabnzbd after something is downloaded it says Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1351 short). But the file plays fine. hat does this mean exactly?
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #202
Malcontent

Quote:
Still curious about manually checking waht files are uploaded so I can make sure my set up is working.

Also, in Sabnzbd after something is downloaded it says Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1351 short). But the file plays fine. hat does this mean exactly?
There are NZB indexing sites that you can check to see what files have been posted to usenet. You can manually download NZB's from the sites. These indexing sites don't list EVERYTHING that is posted to usenet but they get a great deal.

http://nzbmatrix.com/

http://www.nzb.su/

http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/

Usually when you get error messages like your getting usually means the files your downloading are incomplete or damaged on your usenet providers servers.

Who is your usenet provider? What files are you getting these error messages with? Can you give examples of the files?

Also, some usenet search engines can be used to do a raw search of the files posted to usenet. Sometimes you can find stuff that doesn't get indexed on other sites.

http://www.binsearch.info/

http://www.nzbindex.nl/

http://www.mysterbin.com/
Old 09-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #203
2004raptor

Thanks. So, sickbeard uses all of the sites you listed? Just trying to figure out exactly waht sickbeard uses.

I have blocknews as a provider.

It was the Strikeforce fights from last night that gave me the failed error but the file plays fine.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #204
Malcontent

Quote:
Thanks. So, sickbeard uses all of the sites you listed? Just trying to figure out exactly waht sickbeard uses.

I have blocknews as a provider.

It was the Strikeforce fights from last night that gave me the failed error but the file plays fine.
Sickbeard uses the search providers you have configured in Sickbeard. Sickbeard has it's own search provider usually set as default. Look in the Sickbeard configuration under "Search Providers". There you can select predefined providers or enter new ones. Choose their search order. With some of them you have to sign up for an account with the provider. Often you have to enter a unique API string associated with your user account with the search provider into the Sickbeard configuration.

Blocknews is very reliable provider that has a good rep. for completion. I have an account with Blocknews and did a very quick check on a couple of Strikeforce videos uploaded last night. I didn't have any problems with them from Blocknews.

I don't know why you got an error message. Do you have the same problem with other downloaded files? Double check you server settings in Sabnzbd. Could be a fluke of some kind.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #205
DUDE_NJX

Sometimes the PAR check is still running after RARs are deleted = files are complete, but PAR thinks chunks are missing. Just ignore it.
DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #206
TheMerk
Always Bid First

I really don't understand how these usenet providers can stay in business. There must be tons of users with Sickbeard and the like constantly hammering the servers, and then downloading files more or less at the same time, at high speed. How on earth can they pay for all the bandwidth and storage on my measly $10 a month?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #207
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru

This thread inspired me to try this out and I'm not sure if I have everything 100% configured or working yet. Maybe I'm missing a step someone can point out? All of this is on Win 7 x64.

1) Downloaded and installed both Sick Beard and SABnzbd
2) Using the API key from SABnzbd did a copy/paste into Sick Beard's Config-Search Settings page
3) Configured SABnzbdb to use my ISP's Usenet server
4) In Sick Beard, I added a couple of shows, both statuses show "Continuing"
5) Changed the status of an episode, as a test, to "Wanted" thinking it would download it

and nothing is downloading in SABnzdb. Couple of questions...

A) Did a miss a step?
B) Do I need a paid Usenet provider in addition to my ISP's Usenet server?
C) Do I need to sign up for search providers? I'm using "Womble's Index" and "Sick Beard Index" both are checked in Sick Beard.

Checking the Sick Beard logs I see..."No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds" so maybe I do need to sign up for other search providers.

Thoughts?
Mike_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #208
brettatk
Thread Killer

I'm betting your configuration is fine. The problem is probably your ISP's usenet server. Many ISP usenet servers are censored and incomplete. As for needing a paid usenet server, I'm not sure. I use Astraweb and it does cost me $96 a year but it's well worth it for myself. I don't know if there are any free usenet severs that would be complete and uncensored, I've never researched it. Perhaps someone here knows that answer.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #209
TheMerk
Always Bid First

99% positive your ISP doesn't index the binary usenet groups, most don't. You'll have to subscribe to an independent usenet provider.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #210
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I too am having issues.

I have SickBeard d/l the nzb into my folder that is being watched by SABnzbd. However, SABnzbd is not then downloading the show.

If I try to open that nzb with SABnzbd manually, it tells me it is not a valid nzb.

If I go search for the nzb myself the way I always did and drop it into the watched folder, SABnzbd downloads the show just fine.

I have had this problem for two shows now.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote