TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #1111
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

I just checked and I got some more Nzb.su invites.

PM me your email address if you want one.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #1112
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCow View Post
Click on Status at the top and poke around in there. You should find the two items in there where you can remove them. Ive had that happen a few times myself.. seems like it started a couple of releases ago.
Doing a queue repair under that Status menu option fixed it. Thanks.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #1113
cditty

Has anyone recently had any issues with lots of failures due to missing parts? I'm using Astraweb and there are several shows failing over the last 3 weeks.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #1114
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty View Post
Has anyone recently had any issues with lots of failures due to missing parts? I'm using Astraweb and there are several shows failing over the last 3 weeks.
Yeah. There were two issues that I'm aware of. The first was general propagation issues which affect the speed at which uploads spread to usenet servers. Usually if you waited 15 minutes and retried the downloads would complete. The problem seems to have corrected itself.

Most recent was the release groups briefly decided to uploaded to a Dutch server and propagation was super slow. They quickly switched back to their usual upload server.

Things seem to be back to normal.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #1115
vertigo235

Well my old DS212j has served pretty well, but I'm ready to upgrade. Just ordered a DS214play, should be an upgrade for my Sickbeard and will allow me to move Couchpotato back to my NAS from my desktop (the DS212j couldn't really handle it).

I was looking at some of the custom forks for Sickbeard, I think I might try out one since the Sickbeard master hasn't really added any new features in forever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #1116
cditty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Yeah. There were two issues that I'm aware of. The first was general propagation issues which affect the speed at which uploads spread to usenet servers. Usually if you waited 15 minutes and retried the downloads would complete. The problem seems to have corrected itself.

Most recent was the release groups briefly decided to uploaded to a Dutch server and propagation was super slow. They quickly switched back to their usual upload server.

Things seem to be back to normal.
I just tried grabbing a few that failed recently and they are still failing. Are you having any issues with Big Bang or S.h.i.e.l.d.?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #1117
Malcontent

Quote:
I just tried grabbing a few that failed recently and they are still failing. Are you having any issues with Big Bang or S.h.i.e.l.d.?
No, not this week. Not since the propagation issues have resolved.

How old are the nzbs your retrying?

Those shows get DMCA within a few hours of being posted. So, they most likely wouldn't download if they are more then a few hours old. You had to retry downloading them the night they were posted in order to get them.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #1118
cditty

The first fail was that night, then the last 2 were just 4 hours old.

I have my own news server running. I recently moved everything from a windows box to a linux server I had. Thought these issues were because of that move and the differences in the software versions I am running.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #1119
Malcontent

Quote:
The first fail was that night, then the last 2 were just 4 hours old.
4 hours is long enough to be DMCA. Stuff has been removed in less then 2 hours regularly.

Astraweb has automated the DMCA process for the powers that be.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #1120
cditty

I just got a backup server setup for the grabs so hopefully the failures will be less.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1121
Malcontent

Quote:
I just got a backup server setup for the grabs so hopefully the failures will be less.
Yeah, a backup is needed for reliable results. Usually a Dutch provider is optimal.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #1122
3D

Thinking of dipping my feet in the usenet waters. The TotalHTPC.com guide posted on the last page (at least the last page for me) was great, but they recommend usenet server with tweaknews as a backup. I've been reading not so great things about usenet server lately. Would Frugal with a block from tweaknews be a better setup? If I'm just looking to test the waters, am I better off with trying the usenet server free trial? The beginning of this thread was extremely informative, but it seems that things change so fast with usenet that something that was true even a few months ago might not be accurate today. Any help is greatly appreciated.
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #1123
MikeMar
Go Pats

My main one is Frugal and it's great. You can get 1 month for $5, that would be a good test

I have Frugal, a block from Blocknews (same server but frugal only has a retention of 300 days) and Astraweb block for my backup from another server

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #1124
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
My main one is Frugal and it's great. You can get 1 month for $5, that would be a good test

I have Frugal, a block from Blocknews (same server but frugal only has a retention of 300 days) and Astraweb block for my backup from another server
I think one of your posts on the last page is what put Frugal on my radar to begin with. However, there were later comments that it might be better to use a provider from the right side of the list, which is why I honed in on tweaknews (in addition to that one having been suggested in the guide I mentioned in my last post). Astraweb isn't really on the right or left side of that chart, so I'm not really sure where that one even fits in

If it matters for my question, I'm much more interested in an application like couch potato than sickbeard.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #1125
MikeMar
Go Pats

My current setup is those 3 servers I mentioned, and I use Sickbeard for TV shows and Coach potato for Movies. I have a few search sites (forget off the top of my head) I use as well.

And SABnzb for all the actual downloading

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #1126
3D

Thanks for the responses. I'm definitely leaning heavily towards frugal as my main provider, and suppose it's easy enough to play around with backups since they're purchased in blocks in any event. Last question, Do you happen to know if Frugal is paypal only?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #1127
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'm definitely leaning heavily towards frugal as my main provider, and suppose it's easy enough to play around with backups since they're purchased in blocks in any event. Last question, Do you happen to know if Frugal is paypal only?
I think I just did a CC through paypal

Old 03-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #1128
3D

Thanks again!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #1129
Malcontent

Quote:
Thinking of dipping my feet in the usenet waters.
I highly recommend Frugal Usenet. I've been using them for 3 years.

You can get your feet wet with no cost.

"Usenetbucket" offers a 7 day free trial of their usenet service. No credit information needed to sign up. Full speed no data limits. It's a U.K business that resells Dutch usenet service.

https://www.usenetbucket.com/en/

As for a backup server, Tweaknews is the most recommended. But you can get the same thing for free.

"Xsusenet" offers a lifetime free account. They now resell Tweaknews service.

The free account is limited to 1mbit in speed and 2 connections. No data limit. 10 days retention. That's enough to be used as a backup server if your downloading new tv shows and movies. No SSL but that shouldn't turn you off since it's most likely won't be used nearly as much as Frugal or whatever your primary server will be.

http://www.xsusenet.com/
Old 03-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #1130
3D

Thanks so much Mal
Old 03-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #1131
3D

I guess my last question (famous last words) is what's a good free index until I can score an invite or luck out on open registration for one of the private ones. Is NZBNDX any good?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #1132
Malcontent

Quote:
I guess my last question (famous last words) is what's a good free index until I can score an invite or luck out on open registration for one of the private ones. Is NZBNDX any good?
PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite to Nzb.su. It's a pretty good indexer.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #1133
3D

PM sent. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #1134
Malcontent

DOGnzb celebrates 2nd birthday

The indexer Dognzb.cr is currently open for new registrations. Probably will only last a few hours. If you wish to sign up, better hurry up.

Last edited by Malcontent : 03-16-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #1135
3D

I was on the lookout today because it's St. Patrick's Day and they seem to do this on holidays. Thanks for the heads up. Still open as of this posting.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #1136
Malcontent

CouchPotato 2.4.0 released

http://couchpota.to/updates/changelog.html

New:

IJustWatched Reddit userscript added
TorrentPotato provider
Boxcar2 notifaction
Pushbullet notifications

Fixed:

Path optimize and unicode fixes
Yify proxy
300+ other fixes and changes, but I'm to lazy to go through them
Improved:

HDBits provider uses API
Use ssl where possible
Encoding issues for automation providers
Downloader test buttons, to test connection
XBMC metadata, actors, fileinfo and images improvements
rTorrent downloader improvements
uTorrent downloader improvements
Updated to latest Python and libs

Last edited by Malcontent : 03-16-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #1137
Malcontent

Looks like propagation issues on usenet tonight (03-17-2014). Sickbeard/Nzbdrone downloads might be screwed.

Last edited by Malcontent : 03-18-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #1138
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Looks like propagation issues on usenet tonight (03-17-2014). Sickbeard/Nzbdrone auto downloads might be screwed.
What do you mean that the auto downloads might be screwed?

Color me a little lost

Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #1139
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
What do you mean that the auto downloads might be screwed?

Color me a little lost
When the tv shows are uploaded to usenet, they are propagated to all other usenet provider's servers. Last night there was a glitch which delayed that propagation. Some indexing sites will go ahead and index these shows and create nzbs for them.

When Sickbeard/Nzbdrone tries to download the shows (NZB), they don't yet exist completely on your usenet server. Downloads will fail.

Last edited by Malcontent : 03-18-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #1140
The Spud
Nick Danger, 3rd Eye

The one Monday show I automatically download downloaded without issue as far as I can tell.

The Spud is offline   Reply With Quote