TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #361
MikeMar
Go Pats

Is this possible in Sick Beard. I know you can select HD/SD

But let's say for Game of Thrones or True Blood in HD there are a few versions. One is 2.3 Gig while another is like 1.4 gig

It seems to default to the bigger one, anyway to select a size range or something like that?

Or even if I pause a show and MANUALLY click Wanted for an episode, anyway to view a list of versions of that episode? Or is that all behind the scenes and can't edit it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #362
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Is this possible in Sick Beard. I know you can select HD/SD

But let's say for Game of Thrones or True Blood in HD there are a few versions. One is 2.3 Gig while another is like 1.4 gig

It seems to default to the bigger one, anyway to select a size range or something like that?

Or even if I pause a show and MANUALLY click Wanted for an episode, anyway to view a list of versions of that episode? Or is that all behind the scenes and can't edit it?
There is no way to select size range. Only quality.

Sickbeard will download the first new HD episode it finds posted. It's first come first serve. It will also download repacks/propers if they are released later. Sickbeard doesn't look at file sizes.

There is no way to view files sizes of episodes in Sickbeard.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #363
BradJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
SABNzbd 0.7 .0 Final - Released
Thanks! updating now.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #364
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
There is no way to select size range. Only quality.

Sickbeard will download the first new HD episode it finds posted. It's first come first serve. It will also download repacks/propers if they are released later. Sickbeard doesn't look at file sizes.

There is no way to view files sizes of episodes in Sickbeard.
Figured. Yeah I have it set to download the repacks.

No biggie. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #365
cditty

Does anyone here use the sickbeard config file for processing the movies? Mine will process shows fine, but for movies, it fails. Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #366
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty View Post
Does anyone here use the sickbeard config file for processing the movies? Mine will process shows fine, but for movies, it fails. Any suggestions?
Sickbeard is for TV shows only.

You might try software called "Couchpotato". It's like Sickbeard but for movies.

CouchPotato (CP) is an automatic NZB downloader. You can keep a "movies I want"-list and it will search for NZBs of these movies every X minutes. Once a movie is found, it will send it to SABnzbd.

Features:
Automatic downloading and sending of NZBs to SABnzbd
Automatic downloading of .torrent files to a specified folder
Easy adding movies via IMDB UserScript
Movie sorting & renaming
Trailer downloading
Quality options to download best available. Overwrite if better is found. (See settings)
Support for NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, Newznab.com and ThePirateBay

http://couchpota.to/

http://lifehacker.com/5844853/how-to...h-couch-potato
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #367
cditty

Sorry. Should have been more specific. I use couchpotato to find my movies, but use sickbeard for the moving of the files. That is what won't work.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #368
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty View Post
Sorry. Should have been more specific. I use couchpotato to find my movies, but use sickbeard for the moving of the files. That is what won't work.
Sickbeard can only handle/move tv shows.

Last edited by Malcontent : 06-18-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #369
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Correct. You configure CouchPotato to move the Movie files under Settings >> Renaming. Download Folder is where CouchPotato should expect to find your movie downloads, Destination Folder is where they should be moved to (your NAS for example).

Here is what my Renaming page looks like:

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #370
ewolfr

http://frugalusenet.com/bestsale.html

IMO a great deal from Frugalusenet, which is part of the usenetnow/blocknews family of resellers. $3.99/mo for 300 days retention.
ewolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #371
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolfr View Post
http://frugalusenet.com/bestsale.html

IMO a great deal from Frugalusenet, which is part of the usenetnow/blocknews family of resellers. $3.99/mo for 300 days retention.
3.99/mo for unlimited????

I have 100 gig left on blocknews, but if I could unlimited that would be awesome.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #372
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Going to jump on that deal. We rarely download anything old these days, so the 300 day retention won't be an issue.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #373
MikeMar
Go Pats

300 days sounds perfect for TV shows and new movies huh?

Going to jump all over this when I get home.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #374
Malcontent

Frugal/Blocknews/Usenetnow are all are owned by the same people. They resell 'Readnews' usenet service. They have excellent customer service. Customer service is available on weekends and Holidays also, unlike some other usenet providers.

$3.99 a month for unlimited from Frugal is a great price and 300 days retention is enough for those that get new tv shows and movies.

A great combination with Sickbeard. This is my set up. I have Frugal setup with Sickbeard. Has been working perfectly for a year.

Last edited by Malcontent : 06-21-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #375
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post

I have 100 gig left on blocknews, but if I could unlimited that would be awesome.
Just set up Blocknews as your backup server. When you need stuff over 300 days it will be downloaded from Blocknews instead of Frugal automatically. Your Blocknews account will last a long time with this setup.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #376
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Just set up Blocknews as your backup server. When you need stuff over 300 days it will be downloaded from Blocknews instead of Frugal automatically. Your Blocknews account will last a long time with this setup.
Ahhh great call! Frugal as first, Blocknews as primary backup for >300 days, and astraweb for other source backup.

Calling that a day

Old 06-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #377
BradJW

Wait....

If you have astraweb, why would you add frugal?

I have astraweb and can't really see that I'd need another. I can see switching to frugal, but then dropping astraweb.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #378
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Wait....

If you have astraweb, why would you add frugal?

I have astraweb and can't really see that I'd need another. I can see switching to frugal, but then dropping astraweb.
I have a 25 gig astraweb account as a backup, not unlim.

Right now I just have blocknews and astra both pay per gig setup.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #379
crowfan
The Dude abides

I have a Blocknews account. I assume this is the same service, so there's no point in me getting this? I mean, I could get it just to switch to a cheap monthly service as opposed to a block account, but it's the same service, right?

crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #380
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowfan View Post
I have a Blocknews account. I assume this is the same service, so there's no point in me getting this? I mean, I could get it just to switch to a cheap monthly service as opposed to a block account, but it's the same service, right?
Yes, both Frugal and Blocknews are the same service. They are owned by the same people. Only difference is Frugal is unlimited and has retention of 300 days.

Depending on how much you download, it could be cheaper to get Frugal. You have to do the math and figure out how much you download a month from Blocknews. Then compare it to the $3.99 a month unlimited deal.

If you do get Frugal, you can set up Blocknews as a backup server to get stuff over 300 days old.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #381
MikeMar
Go Pats

I was planning on buying 200 gigs at a time from blocknews, so I would need to download 40 gig a month to "break even"

I think I can do that

Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #382
Malcontent

http://dognzb.cr/browse

Just a heads up.

DOGnzb is a relatively new usenet indexing site. It uses the open source usenet indexing software called Newznab for it's backend. It has a totally custom front-end.

DOGnzb is a great site. They have a 'remote push' feature which will send new nzb's to your computer with Sabnzbd running on it, automatically. You add shows to your 'Tv Watchlist' and 'Movie Watchlist' on the website and when new episodes/movies appear, the site will remotely push the new nzb's to your computer with Sabnzbd running on it. Sabnzbd will start downloading.

The remote push feature is a VIP only feature. DOGnzb charges a one time $10 for lifetime VIP access.

Other VIP features:

The site will remote push repacks/propers immediately. You can choose x264 SD over XVIDS in remote pushes.

Push regular SD if HD is not available after 24 hours.

The remote push feature is better then regular RSS feeds.

DOGnzb can be used with Sickbeard. Sickbeard can be configured to use DOGnzb as a nzb search site.

You can import your Sickbeard and Couchpotato history into the DOGnzb site.

This site is even more useful if you can run Sabnzbd on your NAS or media streamer (Popcornhour). With Sabnzbd installed and running on your NAS or media streamer, it will to the heavy lifting. Your computer wouldn't need to be running 24/7 to be able to download your tv shows or movies. Your NAS or media streamer would only be the only thing turned on and running.

The site admin is constantly improving the site. Since he uses the site himself daily with Sabnzbd, he stays on top of things.

Last edited by Malcontent : 06-21-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #383
DUDE_NJX

I signed up for Frugal. It's about 40% slower per connection than my other provider, but at this price, I can live with it.
DUDE_NJX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #384
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:

Just a heads up.

DOGnzb is a relatively new usenet indexing site. It uses the open source usenet indexing software called Newznab for it's backend. It has a totally custom front-end.

DOGnzb is a great site. They have a 'remote push' feature which will send new nzb's to your computer with Sabnzbd running on it, automatically. You add shows to your 'Tv Watchlist' and 'Movie Watchlist' on the website and when new episodes/movies appear, the site will remotely push the new nzb's to your computer with Sabnzbd running on it. Sabnzbd will start downloading.

The remote push feature is a VIP only feature. DOGnzb charges a one time $10 for lifetime VIP access.

Other VIP features:

The site will remote push repacks/propers immediately. You can choose x264 SD over XVIDS in remote pushes.

DOGnzb can be used with Sickbeard. Sickbeard can be configured to use DOGnzb as a nzb search site.

This site is even more useful if you can run Sabnzbd on your NAS or media streamer (Popcornhour). With Sabnzbd installed and running on your NAS or media streamer, it will to the heavy lifting. Your computer wouldn't need to be running 24/7 to be able to download your tv shows or movies. Your NAS or media streamer would only be the only thing turned on and running.

The site admin is constantly improving the site. Since he uses the site himself daily with Sabnzbd, he stays on top of things.
Ive got to give it up to you for this one. This is a phenomenal site. It could use a little polishing but its very good and the direct push is a huge plus.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #385
DUDE_NJX

Does direct push offer any improvement when compared to using Sickbeard?
Possibly getting the NZB a few minutes earlier (assuming they run queries more frequently than every 15 minutes)?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #386
DUDE_NJX

Quote:
Yes, both Frugal and Blocknews are the same service. They are owned by the same people. Only difference is Frugal is unlimited and has retention of 300 days.

Depending on how much you download, it could be cheaper to get Frugal. You have to do the math and figure out how much you download a month from Blocknews. Then compare it to the $3.99 a month unlimited deal.

If you do get Frugal, you can set up Blocknews as a backup server to get stuff over 300 days old.
I set up Frugal, and I'm sucking down "news postings" that are 1260 days old with no issues. Hmm...
Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #387
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
I set up Frugal, and I'm sucking down "news postings" that are 1260 days old with no issues. Hmm...
I'll TAKE IT

I signed up last night, haven't tried it yet.

I like that it's 3.99/month w/ the sale OR you can get a full yeah for $60 You do the math

Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #388
BradJW

Quote:

Just a heads up.

Other VIP features:

Been using this for about a month. Signed up on VIP immediately.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #389
Malcontent

Quote:
Does direct push offer any improvement when compared to using Sickbeard?
Possibly getting the NZB a few minutes earlier (assuming they run queries more frequently than every 15 minutes)?
Not so much as improvement but another alternative. Sickbeard is still more robust and granular.

Basically what happens is when a new tv episode or movie is indexed, the site queries it's database to see if any users has it on their watchlists. Then it remotely pushes the NZB to their computer where Sabnzbd will start downloading it.

Usually it's pushed within 2-3 minutes of being fully indexed. Give or take. Same with repacks/propers.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #390
Malcontent

Quote:
Officially Frugals retention is 300 days. But unofficially it's possible to grab stuff older then 300 days. It can be hit or miss with older stuff. But I have been able to reliably download stuff 400-600 days old. Older then 600 days can be spotty.

Again, it can be hit or miss with stuff over the official 300 days. So, don't start crying when you have issue with older stuff.