TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #331
Gromit
Registered User
 
Gromit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10,002
I've used EasyNews for years and I don't have a problem finding stuff. But I say that having never used anything else.
__________________
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #332
Gromit
Registered User
 
Gromit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Hmmm how does that work? So I don't need my desktop on at all?

How do you install it on there, and would that make my NAS run all the time (right now it goes into a semi-sleep mode and is woken by a computer or Boxee trying to access it)
I guess it depends on the NAS device, but my there are SickBeard and SABnzbd packages that made installing just a matter of clicking a button. I used the web interface to configure SB and SABnzbd and a shell login if I needed to look at config files directly.

The downside is that SickBeard keeps my NAS awake. But my Boxee seems to like the NAS share a lot more than it liked my SMB shares on my MacBook Pro. Everything just works now.
__________________
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #333
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Best way to get older shows?

Trying to get a season of an older show, I used sickbeard and got all but 3 eps from the first season.

I have blocknewz and astraweb as my 2 providers. And nzbmatrix.com only has the full season files.
I've already downloaded majority of the season and rather not have to scrap that and download the full season again.

Show is Six Feet Under Any ideas?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #334
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist
 
IndyJones1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 51,620
Bittorrent.
__________________
Common sense is a gift, not a given.
IndyJones1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #335
lodica1967
Registered User
 
lodica1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hawaiian Islands
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
Bittorrent.
Let me know if you need a Demonoid invite. I see that they have all seasons.
__________________
"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~Rogers Hornsby
lodica1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #336
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Haha, trying to get away from bittorent!!

But I have TVTorrents, maybe just use that for the few eps I guess.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #337
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Best way to get older shows?

Trying to get a season of an older show, I used sickbeard and got all but 3 eps from the first season.

I have blocknewz and astraweb as my 2 providers. And nzbmatrix.com only has the full season files.
I've already downloaded majority of the season and rather not have to scrap that and download the full season again.

Show is Six Feet Under Any ideas?
You can do a raw usenet search for the missing episodes.

Here are a few usenet search engins. Make use of the advanced options to help narrow your search. The search engines are free.

http://www.mysterbin.com/

http://www.binsearch.info/

http://www.nzbindex.nl/
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #338
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
And nzbmatrix.com only has the full season files.
I've already downloaded majority of the season and rather not have to scrap that and download the full season again.

Show is Six Feet Under Any ideas?
Also, click on the nzb for the season of Six Feet Under on Nzbmatrix and under the "NZB File Details" option. From there you should be able to manually select only the desired files for the missing episodes and generate a NZB just for those episodes. It's a little tedious but you should be able to get just those 3 episodes.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #339
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Also, click on the nzb for the season of Six Feet Under on Nzbmatrix and under the "NZB File Details" option. From there you should be able to manually select only the desired files for the missing episodes and generate a NZB just for those episodes. It's a little tedious but you should be able to get just those 3 episodes.
Ahhh I figured there was something like that.

Thanks
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #340
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Anyway with Sickbeard to delay it?

Since I am using a pay-per-gig account, it sucks sometimes where an ep of something airs, then gets posted right away, then nuked/repacked a few hours later.

So I end up with both versions, where obviously I just need the 2nd one. I can manually not connect until a day after it airs to do this, but anyway to config Sickbeard or Sabnzbd to delay like 12 hours from airing?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #341
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Anyway with Sickbeard to delay it?

Since I am using a pay-per-gig account, it sucks sometimes where an ep of something airs, then gets posted right away, then nuked/repacked a few hours later.

So I end up with both versions, where obviously I just need the 2nd one. I can manually not connect until a day after it airs to do this, but anyway to config Sickbeard or Sabnzbd to delay like 12 hours from airing?
Yes, under Configuration - Search Settings - Search Frequency. The default is 15 minutes. You can set this to anything you wish. The default is to check for new shows every 15 minutes. If you wish, you can set this to any thing you want. Just convert it to minutes.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #342
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Yes, under Configuration - Search Settings - Search Frequency. The default is 15 minutes. You can set this to anything you wish. The default is to check for new shows every 15 minutes. If you wish, you can set this to any thing you want. Just convert it to minutes.
That MAY work. Let's say I set it for 6 hours. It COULD be that 6th hour right when the first file gets posted.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #343
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
That MAY work. Let's say I set it for 6 hours. It COULD be that 6th hour right when the first file gets posted.
I'm afraid that there isn't more granular level of control with Sickbeard. At least none that I'm aware of. There is just no way to know if or when a repack/proper is going to be released.

What you could do is set Sabnzbd to "Pause" all downloads. Then every NZB that Sickbeard downloads will be paused in Sabnzbd. You would have to manually un-pause the ones you want to download. And delete the ones that have propers/repacks. Kind of a pain in the ass but it would prevent you from downloading stuff twice.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #344
MikeMar
Go Pats
 
MikeMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston Suburb, MA
Posts: 37,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
I'm afraid that there isn't more granular level of control with Sickbeard. At least none that I'm aware of. There is just no way to know if or when a repack/proper is going to be released.

What you could do is set Sabnzbd to "Pause" all downloads. Then every NZB that Sickbeard downloads will be paused in Sabnzbd. You would have to manually un-pause the ones you want to download. And delete the ones that have propers/repacks. Kind of a pain in the ass but it would prevent you from downloading stuff twice.
That's an idea.

I don't download too much, and would only take 2 min to flip them on.

Thanks
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #345
TheMerk
Always Bid First
 
TheMerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,097
Does anyone know what happened to the Discovery shows over the past few days? Sunday's Mythbusters and last night's Deadliest Catch have yet to appear in the indexing sites that I use. They're not on TVTorrents either.

Have the release groups stopped capturing Discovery shows or something?
__________________
Adam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #346
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the Discovery shows over the past few days? Sunday's Mythbusters and last night's Deadliest Catch have yet to appear in the indexing sites that I use. They're not on TVTorrents either.

Have the release groups stopped capturing Discovery shows or something?
Nzbs(dot)org and NZBMatrix list MythBusters.S10E07.REPACK, but not the latest Deadliest Catch.

Could it be that you have an XVID filter on? There is no XVID version, as that has been supplanted by x264 SD.
minimeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #347
TheMerk
Always Bid First
 
TheMerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeh View Post
Nzbs(dot)org and NZBMatrix list MythBusters.S10E07.REPACK, but not the latest Deadliest Catch.
That's not the latest one, at least according to Sickbeard/TheTVDB:

Quote:
10x08 - Bouncing Bullet (2012-05-13).

__________________
Adam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #348
minimeh
Vanity Phrase Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
Yup, I misread the info at thetvdb. My bad.
minimeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #349
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post

Have the release groups stopped capturing Discovery shows or something?
Last weeks Deadliest Catch was a day or so late also. My guess is that there is some reorganization within the release group that is going on which is affecting some tv captures/release. Perhaps new members getting their feet wet.

There was a hiccup with last weeks release of Game of Thrones as well. Which was unusual.

These shows repeat multiple times, hopefully the missed episodes will eventually make it to usenet/torrents.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #350
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the Discovery shows over the past few days? Sunday's Mythbusters and last night's Deadliest Catch have yet to appear in the indexing sites that I use.
A standard def. release of this weeks Deadliest Catch was indexed on Nzbmatrix early this morning. Hopefully the HD version will follow.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #351
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!
 
tigercat74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waverly, OH
Posts: 213
Has anyone else have trouble downloading some shows and they are password protected? I don't like the idea of having to fill out surveys to get the word.
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #352
logic88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Land Of Flakes, Fruits, and Nuts
Posts: 8,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
Has anyone else have trouble downloading some shows and they are password protected? I don't like the idea of having to fill out surveys to get the word.
All shows are initially available without passwords. It's after the scammers download the originals that the passwords are added. So look for the original post/NZB files. Use an indexing site if you're not sure.
logic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #353
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
Has anyone else have trouble downloading some shows and they are password protected? I don't like the idea of having to fill out surveys to get the word.
Stay away from them. All of them are scams. Use a good indexing site and you should be able to avoid this nonsense.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #354
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!
 
tigercat74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waverly, OH
Posts: 213
I use binsearch with astraweb as my provider. I have never had problems with either until lately.
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #355
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
I use binsearch with astraweb as my provider. I have never had problems with either until lately.
Binsearch is a raw usenet search engine. There is no human involvement in it's indexing. It will indexing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. The good stuff and the bad (passworded stuff).

A regular indexing site usually will have things in place to keep out the passworded stuff and other bogus things. Also usually there are human beings there making sure the stuff that isn't scams or viruses.

Nothing wrong with Binsearch or other usenet search engines but you have to be more careful about what you download from them.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #356
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!
 
tigercat74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waverly, OH
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Binsearch is a raw usenet search engine. There is no human involvement in it's indexing. It will indexing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. The good stuff and the bad (passworded stuff).

A regular indexing site usually will have things in place to keep out the passworded stuff and other bogus things. Also usually there are human beings there making sure the stuff that isn't scams or viruses.

Nothing wrong with Binsearch or other usenet search engines but you have to be more careful about what you download from them.
Which indexing site would you recommend.
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #357
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
Which indexing site would you recommend.
Nzbmatrix.com is one of the most popular ones. It has a big user base and they leave comments about the quality of the indexed stuff on the site. They also have human "editors" that make sure passworded stuff, ect. get deleted from their site.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #358
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!
 
tigercat74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waverly, OH
Posts: 213
Thanks for all the help. NZBmatrix works great.
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #359
Peter000
Registered User
 
Peter000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Red Wing, MN
Posts: 17,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
Which indexing site would you recommend.
I use NZBsRUS.com. Never have run into a passworded NZB or download there.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #360
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,551
SABNzbd 0.7 .0 Final - Released


Just a FYI,

Sabnzbd version 0.7.0 has been officially released.

Highlights:

Download quota management
Windows: simple system tray menu
Multi-platform Growl support
NotifyOSD support for Linux distros that have it
Option to set maximum number of retries for servers (prevents deadlock)
Pre-download check to estimate completeness (reliability is limited)
Prevent partial downloading of par2 files that are not needed yet
Config->Special for settings previously only available in the sabnzbd.ini file
For Usenet servers with multiple IP addresses, pick a random one per connection
Add pseudo-priority "Stop" that will send the job immediately to the post-processing queue
Allow jobs still waiting for post-processing to be deleted too
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |