TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
GoPackGo

Sons of Anarchy - S07E11 - 11/18/2014

Great, great episode that actually advanced the plot. The Peter Weller directed episodes have been the better ones this season.

So now everything is on the table, and we have 2 more episodes to see how everything winds up.

Juice is the new Otto I guess. I wonder if Jax will get meet Mr Mayhem?
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
Idearat

I was glad to see movement. Seeing Jax get confirmation from so many sources before Gemma had a chance to "explain" it to him was good.

The "Bullitt Lite" chase seen was obviously a 2 minute commercial paid for by D*dge, so I could have done without that.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
The "Bullitt Lite" chase seen was obviously a 2 minute commercial paid for by D*dge, so I could have done without that.
Why the "*" in D*dge? Anyway, I'm probably one of the few if not the only jazz fan in this thread. The music during Jax's chase scene was Climax by Jackie McLean from the 1965 album Jacknife. That's one of my favorite albums and I've probably owned it for 30 years. I don't think I've ever heard jazz on this show before. Wonder why they picked that song.

Jimmy Smits is a great emotional actor.

Jarry is the worst sheriff ever. Good thing she has Unser helping out because she couldn't crime solve her way out of a wet paper bag.

There has to be a website somewhere that has tallied all of the deaths that Gemma is ultimately responsible for, starting with Tara.

Juice cried again. What a surprise.

Dammit, no episode next week.

"Goodbye, Grandma."

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 11-19-2014 at 09:23 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Why the "*" in D*dge? Anyway, I'm probably one of the few if not the only jazz fan in this thread. The music during Jax's chase scene was Climax by Jackie McLean from the 1965 album Jacknife. That's one of my favorite albums and I've probably owned it for 30 years. I don't think I've ever heard jazz on this show before. Wonder why they picked that song.

There has to be a website somewhere that has tallied all of the deaths that Gemma is ultimately responsible for, starting with Tara.
I didn't know the song, but I did notice they were playing jazz during that chase and it did seem an odd choice to me.

I have long been wondering about Gemma and deaths on this show. I think one could make a fair argument that all the dramatic developments in the show are tied directly to Gemma.

I would love to see a flow chart of the deaths and Gemma's connection to them.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Fahtrim

Awesome episode, great acting from the team overall, well written well directed.

Loved it, highly recommend.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Shaunnick

Best episode of the season. Of all the emotional moments that were in the episode, and in the entire series including Able being kidnapped and when Jax let Able go to the Irish couple, that scene with Smits last night was the one that made me tear up.

I predicted he and Gemma would die by season's end, but I honestly don't know where they will go now.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Idearat

Quote:
Why the "*" in D*dge?
Because after they hijack the show with several minutes of commercial they'll be looking online for every mention of the company name to gauge it's effectiveness. Mentions in blogs, forums and searches will only help to convince them that it was a good idea.

I'm enjoying the show, but I'm not fond of packing in even more commercials and especially not fond taking over the show for one. At least this one wasn't as ham-fisted as the ones they stuck in Bones a couple years ago or sandwich ads in Pawn Stars.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
VegasVic
Craps Player

I like Dayton Callie, I hate Unser. I loved when Unser got hit, I hope he doesn't survive. Too sanctimonious.

For awhile I thought Jarry had some kind of "master plan" to take down the club. But no, she's just incompetent.

Quite a different opening sequence than last week
Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I have long been wondering about Gemma and deaths on this show. I think one could make a fair argument that all the dramatic developments in the show are tied directly to Gemma.

I would love to see a flow chart of the deaths and Gemma's connection to them.
I was wondering also a article on tvline shows 60 deaths up to episode 7 for just Jemma's one lie.

Episode 1 Chinese picked for murder 1
Episode 2 Lins Gun Delivery 15
Episode 3 Local Muscle 2
Episode 3 One Niners 8
Episode 4 Officer Cane 1
Episode 4 West 1
Episode 4 Diosa 16
Episode 4 Motel Owner 1
Episode 5 Lins Associates 4
Episode 6 OG Dulane Co. 10
Episode 7 Greensleeves 1

Last edited by TIVO_GUY_HERE : 11-19-2014 at 11:44 AM.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
zeppo2

Loved the episode but I'm over the badly filmed car chases/D*dge commercials. They seem right out of CHIPS or Dukes of Hazzard.
zeppo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
VegasVic
Craps Player

I actually think the chase was done that way on purpose by Sutter, as sort of a tribute to those shows. Chips had many chases and always with the cheesy music.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I predicted he and Gemma would die by season's end, but I honestly don't know where they will go now.
I almost got the impression this week that they're moving toward Jax stepping down, and either negotiating his way out or running. Ending with him and the kids (and Wendy?) living anonymously in some Podunk town, working at a gas station...

Not sure how I'd feel about that. But that was the vibe I got.

It's nice that people are finally communicating! Certainly uncomplicates things, with only two episodes left...

I sometimes forget how good Jimmy Smits can be, even when he doesn't have any dialog. Didn't forget today!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
I was wondering also a article on tvline shows 60 deaths up to episode 7 for just Jemma's one lie.

Episode 1 Chinese picked for murder 1
Episode 2 Lins Gun Delivery 15
Episode 3 Local Muscle 2
Episode 3 One Niners 8
Episode 4 Officer Cane 1
Episode 4 West 1
Episode 4 Diosa 16
Episode 4 Motel Owner 1
Episode 5 Lins Associates 4
Episode 6 OG Dulane Co. 10
Episode 7 Greensleeves 1
I was just coming to post that!

http://tvline.com/gallery/sons-of-an...hy-gemma-lies/

Of course, that was just from her one lie, and didn't include Tara herself, or anyone from episodes 8-11 of this season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #14
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

Of course, that was just from her one lie, and didn't include Tara herself, or anyone from episodes 8-11 of this season.
I also assume you can add juice & Gemma to that list.
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

Who else can we add? Marks' head security guy and his minions (I don't know how many). Bobby. Jury. Lin.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #16
tlc

Quote:
I read that Weller's a big jazz fan.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #17
desulliv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
Because after they hijack the show with several minutes of commercial they'll be looking online for every mention of the company name to gauge it's effectiveness. Mentions in blogs, forums and searches will only help to convince them that it was a good idea.

I'm enjoying the show, but I'm not fond of packing in even more commercials and especially not fond taking over the show for one. At least this one wasn't as ham-fisted as the ones they stuck in Bones a couple years ago or sandwich ads in Pawn Stars.

I'm guessing that if they go to that much trouble they're going to use a search engine that includes the operator *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #18
mrdazzo7

so good. This season has had it's slow moments but all of it was in service to this episode (or the last 10 seconds of last week's episode, lol). "The Lie" was so horrendous not only in itself but in the ripple effect it'll have for years to come on everyone involved... Hunnamm was spot on the entire episode - you could tell he was absolutely bewildered by why he's learning and in the end of w/ Nero he's just like WTF am I supposed to do with this? That's been the best part of watching the season unfold - how could you possibly come back from that? Her life is the club and that's over, no one will ever look at her the same... and Jax can't just kill her, she's his mother ... it's more complex than that. Love it!

I'm actually really annoyed because I was talking at work today about how good my timing that the final was airing the week before I go on vacation... NOPE. Just saw a commercial that they're skipping next week, meaning the next episode is 12/2 and the final is 12/9 - the day I leave for california. Why!!! Why does there always have to be a caveat!! lol
Old 11-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #19
hummingbird_206

Wow, how crazy is it that Jax had to find out from Abel? I think we knew it was coming, but still, so heartbreaking.

Sounded like Jax was still going to have Juice killed, but that it would be fast. Poor Juice. He cannot catch a break. That scene where Juice finally told Jax everything was amazing.

And now the whole club knows what Gemma did. She better run far, far away.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Poor Juice. He cannot catch a break.
Considering his current...lifestyle, I'd say he IS catching a break!

But with Juice's luck, Marilyn will renege on his deal to kill him quick, and keep him around for the rest of his sentence.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #21
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I almost got the impression this week that they're moving toward Jax stepping down, and either negotiating his way out or running. Ending with him and the kids (and Wendy?) living anonymously in some Podunk town, working at a gas station...
How about a logging town in the Pacific Northwest? They'll all be getting along fine until one of the loggers figures out he's an outlaw biker with several murders to his name who never paid for his crimes...
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #22
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Spoiler:
Jemma gets shot and dies insulting a 7/11 clerk while buying smokes. Nero convinces Jax to move down to his ranch, where they realize there's something more to their relationship. Eventually once paroled, Juice and Ron move next door, Tig and Venus in town. The final scene has Jax, Nero, Juice, Ron, Tig and Venus sipping wine and eating petifores in Jax and Nero's tastefully decorated livingroom. Tig comments on how the property values in town are rising and Juice tells everyone about the Whole Foods opening up nearby, they giggle and we fade to black. We never learn what happened to the club or Jax's kids, but do we really care?

Last edited by Big Deficit : 11-20-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Because Palins grandson isn't in this show
Big Deficit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deficit View Post
Spoiler:
Jemma gets shot and dies insulting a 7/11 clerk while buying smokes. Nero convinces Jax to move down to his ranch, where they realize there's something more to their relationship. Eventually once paroled, Juice and Ron move next door, Trig and Venus in town. The final scene has Jax, Nero, Ron, Juice, Ron, Trig and Venus sipping wine and eating petifores in Jax and Nero's tastefully decorated livingroom. Trig comments on how the property values in town are rising and Juice tells everyone about the Whole Foods opening up nearby, they giggle and we fade to black. We never learn what happened to the club or Jax's kids, but do we really care?
I'm not sure that's a very likely outcome...
Old 11-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
Cainebj

I don't know my west coast geography very well.

The road sign shot at the end of the episode with Gemma driving...?

Portento 9
Fortuna 23
Eureka 47

Are we supposed to know something from that?
Where does that indicate she is going?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #25
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'm not sure that's a very likely outcome...
Also, who the hell is Trig?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #26
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I don't know my west coast geography very well.

The road sign shot at the end of the episode with Gemma driving...?

Portento 9
Fortuna 23
Eureka 47

Are we supposed to know something from that?
Where does that indicate she is going?
Pretty sure her dad lives in an assisted living community in Eureka.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #27
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Awesome episode with some of the best acting I've seen on TV since Breaking Bad ended!

I loved Gemma's "I accept that" comment to Chucky.

The way I see it ending is...

Spoiler:
Chibs & Tig crying over Jax's body after the club orders Mayhem on him and they insist that they be the ones to carry it out.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #28
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Also, who the hell is Trig?
Calc's brother?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #29
goMO

great episode! is it me, or is hunnam's british accent coming through more and more each episode?!!
goMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goMO View Post
great episode! is it me, or is hunnam's british accent coming through more and more each episode?!!
Not per se, but there's a group of Australian actors (Mel Gibson, Hugh Jackman, Guy Pierce, etc.) who do perfectly good American accents and yet have some indefinable quality that makes me think they're Australian...not because they sound Australian, but because it reminds me of actors like that. And lately, Hunnam has been sounding more like that to me.