TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
MikeekiM
Palindromer

DWTS Season 20 (OAD 4/27/2015)

Haven't watched DWTS for a few seasons now, but picked it up a bit last season because I wanted to how Alfonso Ribeiro would do (and as most know, he did great)...

I picked it up again this season, and I had forgotten what drew me to the show from the beginning...

It's less about the actual dancing, and more about the struggle of learning something new and difficult, and how one copes with the challenge...

Sorry to see Willow go... She did so well throughout the competition, and to have the top scoring couple leave was completely surprising...

Rumor and Nastia look like either of them could take it all...

• Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
wprager

After last "season" this one is pretty awful. Riker is the only one among the men who stands a chance; Nastia *should* do well but has zero chemistry with Derek. Willow should have been around much, much longer. Other than Riker the remaining men are all various shades of awful.

wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
WO312

For sure about Willow. Unfortunately she just didn't have the fan base. I guess teeny-bopper fans of The Hunger Games don't watch DWTS.

WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I agree about Willow but I do often times find it more interesting to watch the ones who are not really that great at dancing improve.

I wish they would allow the judges to give half points like they did in the all-stars season. They should have just kept that for all seasons. It allows for a better distinction.

I hate the rule that Len's vote counts more when it comes to tie breaking. How dumb. They are already having people vote for their favorite on Twitter. Just let that be the tiebreaker. Or nobody gets the bonus 2 points. Or they each get 1 bonus point.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
It's less about the actual dancing, and more about the struggle of learning something new and difficult, and how one copes with the challenge...
I haven't seen it this season - how much are they promoting the summer tour on the show, and do they remember to mention that there's only going to be one celebrity (All-Stars winner Melissa Rycroft) along with ten of the professionals (Witney Carson, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, Peta Murgatroyd, Artem Chigvintsev, Emma Slater, Keo Motsepe, Sasha Farber, Jenna Johnson, Alan Bersten, and Brittany Cherry)?

That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I haven't seen it this season - how much are they promoting the summer tour on the show, and do they remember to mention that there's only going to be one celebrity (All-Stars winner Melissa Rycroft) along with ten of the professionals (Witney Carson, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, Peta Murgatroyd, Artem Chigvintsev, Emma Slater, Keo Motsepe, Sasha Farber, Jenna Johnson, Alan Bersten, and Brittany Cherry)?
I may not be paying too much attention...but no, I didn't know that the tour was going to be so heavily weighted on professionals with almost no celebrity presence...

I guess I can see that... Celebrities have their own schedules for their "day job"... This is the day job for the professionals...

Disappointing for those that decide to go...but makes perfect sense to me...

Old 05-26-2015, 01:45 AM   #7
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Glad to see Rumer and Val win...

Old 05-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #8
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was worried when Noah made the Finals, but 'Murica got it right with the final showdown being between Ryker and Rumer. I would have been happy to have either of those two win.

Come join us!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #9
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I liked Riker better but can't really complain that Rumer won. I just think Rumer had the benefit of people voting for Val because they wanted to see him win as well since he's been close before.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #10
MikeekiM
Palindromer

I would like to have seen Nastia Luikin the the finals... But everyone can't be in the finals...

Last edited by MikeekiM; Yesterday at 07:05 PM.