TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #181
BrettStah

All I know is when I first hard the news that they were bringing back this show, I was so excited that I blue myself.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
BrettStah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #182
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post

The creator changed his mind about that:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchHurw...53649681121280
I don't know about that. I've read several articles written by critics who visited the sets, have spoken to actors and writers, and they all talk about how each episode stands on it's own and how the same scenes will be seen in several episodes, but from different character's perspectives. And that whether you see Gob's version first or Lindsay's or George Michael's doesn't really matter, and they'll all provide more context for each other.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #183
wprager

Guys, guys, it's obvious, isn't it? You'll just have to watch it in 15! times.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #184
cherry ghost

NPR's guide to the running gags from the show.

cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #185
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't know about that. I've read several articles written by critics who visited the sets, have spoken to actors and writers, and they all talk about how each episode stands on it's own and how the same scenes will be seen in several episodes, but from different character's perspectives. And that whether you see Gob's version first or Lindsay's or George Michael's doesn't really matter, and they'll all provide more context for each other.
All the critics get their talking points from the same place, and the actors and writers who are interviewed are directed by those same talking points. They've been talking about the "watch in any order" for a while, but since the creator is the one who is editing everything together, I'd trust his last minute guidance that he couldn't make it work. Or watch in any order you want.

http://www.businessinsider.com/watch...n-order-2013-5

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/mitc...on_4_in_order/

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/arres...-in-order.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #186
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I stand corrected. Thanks for the links.

I think that settles the question about the episode threads. Single thread per episode, with spoilers about previous episodes allowed. Just like every other show.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #187
Azlen

The possible problem for those who binge watch could be remembering specifically what happened in which episode. For some it's easier to go to one place to have a conversation rather than going to 15 different places. I agree that having separate episodes threads is probably the way to go but Netflix's model doesn't make it easy.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #188
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettStah View Post
All I know is when I first hard the news that they were bringing back this show, I was so excited that I blue myself.
There really has got to be a better way to say that.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #189
DougF

I also vote for single episode threads. But if there are some who want to participate in a whole-season thread, I say go for it.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #190
JETarpon

Separate threads.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #191
GoHalos

Agreed. Separate threads.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #192
FourFourSeven

Got my first huge laugh out loud reading about the new season in this interview in Time with Ron Howard:
Quote:
Without spoiling anything you donít want to spoil, can you talk a little bit about your acting role in the new season?

Iím not a central figure. But I am a plot point. And I particularly enjoy that the narrator is oblivious to who is Ron Howard. He couldnít care less who this Ron Howard person is. Just another specimen to be examined.

FourFourSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #193
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourSeven View Post
Got my first huge laugh out loud reading about the new season in this interview in Time with Ron Howard:
That should be funny. Ron Howard narration speaking about Ron Howard's character.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #194
GoPackGo

A collection of 44 Facebook cover photos that some guy on Reddit posted today in anticipation of Season 4.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #195
astrohip
Stuart F

Arrested Development salaries...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3321438.html

Quote:
The revival of "Arrested Development" isn't your typical TV story. The entire cast reunited for new Netflix episodes, but not all at once, making it a tricky production and because of the way it was made, the cast of "Arrested Development" received an unusal salary breakdown, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Season 4 of "Arrested Development" is formatted with each character at the focus of at least one episode -- some have two. THR reports that therefore, each actor -- Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Alia Shawkat, David Cross, Jeffrey Tambor and Jessica Walter -- received $125,00 for the episode she/he stars in. If the actor appears in more than 90 seconds of another actor's episode, they received $50,000. If it's less than 90 seconds, the actor received $10,000. If a clip from a previous episode is used, the actor received $1,000. Bateman is the only actor to appear in every episode.

"That show launched a lot of our careers and everyone is doing great, so to come back together while things are going well is really a fortunate situation," Bateman told GQ in March. "Everybody had to be big boys about not making it financially impossible."

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #196
SoBelle0
What's next?

Thrillist had an article on AD themed cocktails for your viewing parties.

Not many items that I've already got in stock, unfortunately. Fun read, though!
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #197
DougF

Five short clips from season four hidden in this page.

http://backfromgettingcanned.netflix.com/
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #198
jilter
Happy to be here.

So, what time is it going to be available?
Will their servers be able to sustain the traffic?
This is an amazing experiment in my opinion.

edited out my typo...sorry.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #199
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilter View Post
So, what time is it going to be available?
12:01am Pacific Time.

I'm curious to see the length of each episode. For broadcast they were all about 22 minutes, but Netflix doesn't have the same constraints. Will they be 30 minutes? Longer?

Last edited by GoPackGo : 05-25-2013 at 05:08 PM.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #200
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
12:01am Pacific Time.

I'm curious to see the length of each episode. For broadcast they were all about 22 minutes, but Netflix doesn't have the same constraints. Will they be 30 minutes? Longer?
I had read somewhere that most will be around 30 but a few of them are a little longer than that.

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/new-ar...es-and-nudity/
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #201
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Great interview with Mitch Hurwitz:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mitch...on-of-a,98157/
Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #202
GoHalos

'Arrested Development' Season 4 Causes Surge in Broadband Traffic Over Memorial Day Weekend

Here's some interesting info on the web traffic driven by Arrested Development.

Quote:
- One DSL network had an astounding 36% of devices watching Netflix on Sunday watch at least part of one episode of Arrested Development. This was over 3x the number we saw for House of Cards (which had 11% viewing).

- Preliminary numbers show about 10% of viewers made it to Episode 15 on Sunday/Monday (More on this later today as we get data collated).

GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #203
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Well, so much for the individual vs. season thread. I figured by the time I woke up on Sunday morning, there would be individual threads for every episode. But there was only one for the first. I watched the first two and created a thread for the second, but those appear to be the only two individual threads. Meanwhile, the season thread someone created has 50+ replies and seems to be the preferred place for discussion. That's disappointing, since my wife wants to watch with me, which means I'll only be able to watch an episode or two per day, and it may be a couple weeks before we get through all of them. Because of the nature of that thread, I don't dare go in it at all until I'm done with all 15 episodes. I'd much prefer participating in individual episode threads after I finish each episode.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #204
JETarpon

I'm staying out of the whole season thread, and will continue to post in, or create, individual season threads. Once I'm done with the whole season, I'm going to smeek the living hell out of the whole season thread.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #205
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Because of the nature of that thread, I don't dare go in it at all until I'm done with all 15 episodes. I'd much prefer participating in individual episode threads after I finish each episode.
I was watching masses of episodes at once, late at night, and nobody would have been posting (or replying if I started the threads). I watched the first 4 episodes after midnight PST when they went live.

For me, there was just no way to discuss on a per-episode basis. Do I stop watching to comment? No, because I wanted to watch. Post in one while watching the next episode? No, I would miss things, I wanted to be engaged.

So the next day, I'd forgotten which episodes contained which content, and just continued on. For me, the entire season thread turned out to be the right place to be.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #206
JETarpon

For the first person, who is ahead of everybody else, that's correct. For everyone who is following behind, it's a place you have to stay out of until you've watched all 15, because someone is ahead of you and will spoil something before you've seen it.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #207
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I'll be watching slow and will prefer single episode threads. If they aren't there yet when I watch an episode, I'll create one.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #208
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Well, so much for the individual vs. season thread. I figured by the time I woke up on Sunday morning, there would be individual threads for every episode. But there was only one for the first. I watched the first two and created a thread for the second, but those appear to be the only two individual threads. Meanwhile, the season thread someone created has 50+ replies and seems to be the preferred place for discussion. That's disappointing, since my wife wants to watch with me, which means I'll only be able to watch an episode or two per day, and it may be a couple weeks before we get through all of them. Because of the nature of that thread, I don't dare go in it at all until I'm done with all 15 episodes. I'd much prefer participating in individual episode threads after I finish each episode.
I'm with you. I say us slow pokes just create episode threads as we go. The full season thread is useless unless you're the first one or don't mind spoilers.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #209
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think that's a good idea. I can say though, I haven't posted any spoilers, or at least ones you would understand without watching it. I'll gladly join in threads you guys create.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #210
scottjf8
Dada and Kaya.

Can we discuss how the show is, spoiler free? I've seen a few posts on FB/twitter and people seem disappointed by it.