TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
cmayo

How to tell if used Tivo can be activated?

Before I bought my secondhand Series 2 a couple years ago, seems like I found something on the Tivo site that checked the TSN to make sure it was free and clear of any previous contracts. That unit cratered last week and I'd like to pick up another secondhand unit, but for the life of me can't figure out how to check the service number to make sure the unit I'm buying can be activated.

Anyone know how I can check the TSN to make sure a secondhand unit can be activated/transferred to my Tivo account?
cmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
True Colors

I do not think that you can access that information online. You will have to call Tivo customer service.

If you give them the service number from the box you are interested in buying then they will be glad to give you the basic information about it(like, does it have a lifetime subscription, etc.).

http://www.tivo.com/abouttivo/contactus/index.html

To my knowledge all Tivo boxes are eligible to be transferred.......unless it is stolen or something.

TC

p.s. I do not know which type of Tivo you are interested in buying, but I am about to put one up for sale. I have a dual tuner Tivo with a 160 gig hard drive. It is only about 4 years old and it is in perfect condition. I even have the original packaging.

Last edited by True Colors : 11-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote