TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Tivo/Amazon

Video on Demand, question is why will Amazon refuse to allow the end-user to re-download product purchased to your DVR?
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Royster
Beardy

Amazon does rentals and purchases. I have redownloaded streaming purchases.

"I <3 Royster" Polcamilla, jtlytle, danielhart
"Royster, you rock!" Olive Juice, ClassicX, betts4
"I mostly blame Royster" Jesda
Royster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
trip1eX

I think you can although I read that after 90 days you may not be able to for an unspecified period of time depending on the licensing agreements.

There is some fine print there that is scary.

If I remember right you can only download a purchased movie to 2 devices. Not sure what happens years from now if your device breaks and you want to re-download it to a new one.

I think you may be always able to stream it from Amazon though along as the first part above doesn't hose you.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Diablo View Post
Video on Demand, question is why will Amazon refuse to allow the end-user to re-download product purchased to your DVR?
Depends on what you purchased. For example, a movie that was just released for purchase or rental is subject to download blackout when that movie goes to cable VOD.
When the VOD agreement ends, you should be able to re-download.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Royster
Beardy

I don't believe that's true. I have some old purchased TV shows that can not be purchased anymore -- the episodes I didn't purchase can not be ordered. But I can still download the ones I did purchase.

"I <3 Royster" Polcamilla, jtlytle, danielhart
"Royster, you rock!" Olive Juice, ClassicX, betts4
"I mostly blame Royster" Jesda
Royster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster View Post
Amazon does rentals and purchases. I have redownloaded streaming purchases.

Via e mail, they wanted the invoices for all my purchased from day one... Problem is, I never thought I'd need to save them, thus deleted the information
Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster View Post
I don't believe that's true. I have some old purchased TV shows that can not be purchased anymore -- the episodes I didn't purchase can not be ordered. But I can still download the ones I did purchase.
Here's the link to "Your Video Library": http://www.amazon.com/videoondemand/library

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
dwgsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Diablo View Post
Via e mail, they wanted the invoices for all my purchased from day one... Problem is, I never thought I'd need to save them, thus deleted the information
You can find your past orders on Amazon's web site. Go to amazon.com, then select "Your Account" (upper right corner of the page), then select "View Your Digital Orders". All of mine are there (as far back as 2007).

Find out if they need the entire invoice, or just the order numbers.
dwgsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #9
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1eX View Post
I think you can although I read that after 90 days you may not be able to for an unspecified period of time depending on the licensing agreements.

There is some fine print there that is scary.

If I remember right you can only download a purchased movie to 2 devices. Not sure what happens years from now if your device breaks and you want to re-download it to a new one.

I think you may be always able to stream it from Amazon though along as the first part above doesn't hose you.
true, I can stream any of my purchased flix via my PC but that's not the point
Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgsp View Post
You can find your past orders on Amazon's web site. Go to amazon.com, then select "Your Account" (upper right corner of the page), then select "View Your Digital Orders". All of mine are there (as far back as 2007).

Find out if they need the entire invoice, or just the order numbers.
correct, yet only a third of the movies I purchased appear in the history... what a ripoff
Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
atmuscarella

Everything I have purchased digitally from Amazon is still in my "Your Video Library" but then I have not purchased much and honestly viewed the "purchases" to really be more like a "rental" than actual purchase. I actually delete the shows/movies after I watch them and don't expect to watch them a second time so I am alright with that. If someone is building a "video library" I would recommend physical not digital media.

Thanks,
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
mwhip
All better

Is there a way to buy a season pass for a show and when it is available it just downloads to your TiVo?

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Is there a way to buy a season pass for a show and when it is available it just downloads to your TiVo?
Yes per Amazon:
TV episodes are delivered as soon as possible after the episode is aired by the network. If you specify a download destination, new episodes will automatically download to that device. If no download destination is selected, episodes will be available for viewing in Your Video Library at www.amazon.com/videoondemand/library. You can select or change the default viewing method any time on the Passes and Pre-orders page.
For full details see: Amazon Video On Demand TV Passes web page

Good Luck,
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #14
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Spent three hours last night with Tivo and Amazon...

Amazon had to force their software to activate my Premiere, now it's downloading all my flixs. Gonna fill that baby HD fast, better get the external drive soon..lol
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
henderpa

Thanks @atmuscarella! I've had several Unbox Season Passes and have always been mildly frustrated by having to go tell Amazon to download my show after it becomes available. I went to http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/pre-order/ and set my preferred viewing location. It will be nice if this works!
henderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
mblloyd

Dr. Diablo: "yet only a third of the movies I purchased appear

When I had problem similar to what you describe, I ended up on the phone with Amazon/TiVo support at Amazon and found out that the rental(s) I couldn't find had all been placed on the same "account" that I was looking at, but through my different log-on names. I used a different log-on with the TiVo/Amazon than with the computer (both acceptable to Amazon). Amazon could see them all, but I had to use the multiple log-on names to see them.

I suggest you ask Amazon if there are different log-ons for your account.
mblloyd is offline   Reply With Quote