TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

20.4.1 Release Notes (Premiere)

We will begin updating TiVo Roamio, TiVo Premiere, and TiVo Mini boxes with 20.4.1 "Spring Update" later today.

Here are some of the changes:
- addressed issues where customers were seeing V112 errors when trying to stream between boxes
- improved interaction with HDMI, and fixed cases where TiVo Mini was rebooting due to HDMI issues
- improvements to Netflix stability
- turned off the troublesome "overlapping recordings" behavior
- reduced the cases where a black screen appeared after watching a video
- YouTube and Opera Store Apps should now work with all video resolutions (not just 720p and greater)
- created a new V311 error message when an app requires 720p support, and the box has that resolution disabled
- support for playing cable video on demand on a DVR and a Mini simultaneously (or 2 Minis simultaneously) *if* the cable company's configuration supports it
- improved handling and messaging of C133 errors, and added a reference to our new site for updates related to outages: http://status.tivo.com
- VOD and apps can now be launched in C133 mode
- new "Default Recording Options" screen inside Settings > Recording to set your preferred "Keep at most", New/Reruns settings, and padding for new Season Passes and WishLists.

The update should be available some time after 4:30pm PT for those that signed up at http://tivo.com/priority yesterday. We will continue to update any new priority sign-ups every few days. If you decide not to sign up for the priority list, your box will automatically update some time within the next 30 days.

--Margret

P.S. We have some cool stuff lined up for the "Summer Update". It is a great time to join our Beta program if you want to be part of the (secret) inner circle -- especially if you have a TiVo Premiere: https://fieldtrials.tivo.com/signup/default.html
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Bernpaud

No Amazon Prime? Ugh.
Bernpaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Teeps

Thanks for the update.
Do beta testers get any "consideration" for participating in the program?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Thanks for the update.
Do beta testers get any "consideration" for participating in the program?
"consideration"???
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
"consideration"???
consideration = something of value.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
consideration = something of value.
Fair enough... Is information valuable?

In general, you might get a parting gift for active participation but it is truly small consideration compared to the time required.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
sharkster

All I have on my biggest wish list is the ability to revise a channel in a Season Pass and the ability to have 'On Demand' with Charter cable in my market - especially the last one.

Oh, and delete some of the junk like those little boxes on the top of the screen and the ability to get rid of stuff like 'what to watch now'. I'd like more control as to what is on my Tivo Central and 'My Shows' screens.

Anyway, the update sounds like it has addressed a lot of problems that some people report here. That's very nice.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #8
JWhites

I was really hoping to see the Roamio UI pushed out for the Premiere by now, a little disappointed that it hasn't.

I'm also still waiting for TiVo to fix the truncated program information. I mean there's literally no reason for this to have not been fixed in the past year. TiVo broke it, please fix it. I mean this is a constantly used and constantly seen feature and a customer would assume this would be the first thing fixed over anything else.

The status site and the tie in to codes displaying on the device is a great idea.
Do you know when the HDMI port will be updated to version 1.4a ?

I'm hoping this update fixes the "card wrong state" error I keep getting. I've replaced cablecards, had all the wiring in the house replaced, even took all the TiVo's off MoCA and had the cable company's engineers out (yes it's gotten that bad they escalated it to the engineers) They said "wait for TiVo to fix it."

Any word on when the EAS banner is going to be redesigned for HD?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Why the heck, in the new default recording options, isn't there one for KUID? That's the one I would much prefer over all the others....major omission...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #10
JWhites

Would love if there would be a way to turn off the thumb ratings all together since I never use it and I always have to hit the thumbs down button to "neutralize" the automatic thumbs up every time I set a recording through the channel guide or hit the record button on the remote. I've found myself having to use the iPad app in order to avoid "activating" the thumbs up.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I was really hoping to see the Roamio UI pushed out for the Premiere by now, a little disappointed that it hasn't.

I'm also still waiting for TiVo to fix the truncated program information. I mean there's literally no reason for this to have not been fixed in the past year. TiVo broke it, please fix it. I mean this is a constantly used and constantly seen feature and a customer would assume this would be the first thing fixed over anything else.

The status site and the tie in to codes displaying on the device is a great idea.
Do you know when the HDMI port will be updated to version 1.4a ?

I'm hoping this update fixes the "card wrong state" error I keep getting. I've replaced cablecards, had all the wiring in the house replaced, even took all the TiVo's off MoCA and had the cable company's engineers out (yes it's gotten that bad they escalated it to the engineers) They said "wait for TiVo to fix it."

Any word on when the EAS banner is going to be redesigned for HD?
Can the premieres even run the Roamio ui are they even powerful enough?
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Why the heck, in the new default recording options, isn't there one for KUID? That's the one I would much prefer over all the others....major omission...
Why the heck would anyone ever use KUID? It's about the most self-destructive option that you can use on a TiVo.

Use it for individual family videos or stuff that really matters, but turn it on for even one Season Pass and you open up a world of hurt. The folks that use KUID as the default keep posting about weird problems.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Fair enough... Is information valuable?

In general, you might get a parting gift for active participation but it is truly small consideration compared to the time required.
For folks on a fixed income.
A penny saved is truly earned.

I would expect at least a month's credit for month to month contracts.
Or.
A discount on a lifetime subscription.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #14
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
The folks that use KUID as the default keep posting about weird problems.
My guess is that this is the reason for not including it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #15
Blacknotice

Please, pretty please fix the MLB.tv app. I can't leave the app without the tivo rebooting

Thank you
Blacknotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #16
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
For folks on a fixed income.
A penny saved is truly earned.

I would expect at least a month's credit for month to month contracts.
Or.
A discount on a lifetime subscription.
It's generally made of plastic and I'm not talking about a debit or credit card.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #17
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
Why the heck would anyone ever use KUID? It's about the most self-destructive option that you can use on a TiVo.

Use it for individual family videos or stuff that really matters, but turn it on for even one Season Pass and you open up a world of hurt. The folks that use KUID as the default keep posting about weird problems.
That's just baloney. I've never had problems with KUID, and I've used it as a default ever since the S3 was introduced. We should be given the option to make it a default....or not. Just give us the option, TiVo...

XL4
Old 04-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #18
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
It's generally made of plastic and I'm not talking about a debit or credit card.
Sometimes soft and fuzzy too...

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
timstack8969

Channel Doesn't Always Take

Was hoping this was fixed with this latest release but not. Almost everyday when switching channels with numbers, the channel does not switch to. Has anyone else been seeing this happen?
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #20
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

My Elite/XL4 which is on 20.4.1, had a random reboot tonight at 10:04pm Arizona Time.

It has not randomly rebooted since the "bad" TiVo data issue several weeks ago.

By the time I got around to looking at the logs they had already been uploaded to TiVo and the logs refreshed.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #21
LI-SVT

So, I guess analog tuning on the antenna input is not coming back. This is disipointing.
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #22
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner

My MLB app stopped crashing, but it does hiccup pretty often replaying the same few seconds over and over then moving on to continue. I actually wish there were some instructions that detailed all the ways to navigate the app features. I find myself hitting the TiVo button or the left arrow at the wrong menu point and closing the app and have to restart it which takes some time. But still the MLB app is awesome on TiVo. Best way to watch baseball without a doubt.
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #23
DEC2955

I would like to voice my opinion on having off air tuner working on a Premiere 4 (again?) as an option... it seems that even your 'Chat' and 'Live' Tech support agents thought that the P4 would allow for off air recordings!!

Another feature I would like to see on the Premiere / Roamio series is shared tuner(s).. this way if you have four shows recording on one device, still be able to tune in a show using the tuner from another device.. some what like you can do with a MINI but with out having to choose the device..
DEC2955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #24
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
Was hoping this was fixed with this latest release but not. Almost everyday when switching channels with numbers, the channel does not switch to. Has anyone else been seeing this happen?
I have not seen this. What does it do? Is it certain channels? How often does it happen? (You said once a day - is this once per few tries, once in a hundred tries, etc.)
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #25
Atomic Buffalo

What is the troublesome overlapping recordings behavior that is being turned off?
Atomic Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #26
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Buffalo View Post
What is the troublesome overlapping recordings behavior that is being turned off?
There is an entire Thread:
Overlapping recordings cause glitch?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hlight=overlap

Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #27
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Buffalo View Post
That's where overlapping (or padded) recordings are handled on the same tuner, as opposed to utilizing another tuner, or just clipping the overlap, depending on the overlap protection setting.

It now will go back to padded and overlapping requiring an additional tuner, instead of just one, which TiVo hasn't quite perfected yet, or clipped recordings, depending on your settings.

There are threads devoted to the subject matter, which there is more to than my attempt at a brief explanation.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #28
jgametest

No update yet.

Since Margret announced the update, I posted my TsN on the priority list but still have not received the update. Every day before going to work and before bed have been connecting to Tivo but no change. When is the official rollout suppose to be?
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #29
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

update rollout temporarily suspended to priority list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgametest View Post
Since Margret announced the update, I posted my TsN on the priority list but still have not received the update. Every day before going to work and before bed have been connecting to Tivo but no change. When is the official rollout suppose to be?
tivomargret posted in the roamio update thread the rollout was temporarily suspended for the priority list due to unexpected behaviors some were experiencing.

i've been using since the first day without any issues, but i don't network multiple tivos.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #30
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

The only issue I've had since the upgrade is occasionally sluggish menus (waaaaay slower than normal for a Premiere)....

XL4