TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
gregnash

Explore this Program and Tivo Desktop?

So I have just recently started having this issue with my Tivo HD and Tivo Desktop for the Mac. I will record a show but for some reason I am not able to either A) transfer to my Tivo Premiere in my bedroom, or B) transfer to my Mac using Tivo Desktop. All Tivo's and the iMac are up to date as well as is Tivo Desktop.

When going into one the Premiere or Desktop I get the same "circle with line through it" and it does not even allow me to try and transfer. There doesnt seem to be a particular culprit, i.e. only HD channels or only premium channels, so I am a bit lost on this one.

Anyone run into this recently?
gregnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

It means your cable Co has changed the CCI (Copy Protection) byte of that program to not allow copies or transfers.

They can do this to any channels except broadcast ones, NBC, CBS, ABD Fox, etc
Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

From the TivoHD sticky

Quote:
Help! Many of my channels are copy-protected and will not allow me to download.

Most cable companies only copy-protect premium cable channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. However, if you have Brighthouse, Time Warner, or one of the few cable companies that copy-protects most digital cable channels, there is not much you can do about that.

FCC mandate permits cable companies to apply copy protection (CCI 0x02) -- preventing downloads -- on any channel outside of the limited basic tier. This is typically an independent decision by the cable company, but it can also be done at the request of the content provider, some of whom now want copy protection as part of the contract renewal for their channel(s).

Cable companies are not permitted to copy-protect local channels. If you are not able to download a recording from a local channel, you should contact your cable provider to have them correct the problem. Tell them they are using a CCI value of 0x02 on their local channels that prevents copying, in violation of federal law.

Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
gregnash

Ah bummer, that makes sense. Oh well guess that splats that... Thanks for the info..
gregnash is offline   Reply With Quote