TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
jbriley3

TIVO to DVD Recorder

Want to copy and burn shows to DVD. Thought I could use TIVO Desktop but the shows I want are "protected".

Next I'm thinking maybe a DVD Recorder is the answer but I'm hearing that some of those protect recordings too. Can someone help me isdentify some DVDRs, low price, that will permit such recordings?[/u]
jbriley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
mattack

The recordings may be protected. Though some things that are 'protected' from the Tivo level (e.g. podcasts) can be recorded over analog just fine. (For example, the various CNET HD podcasts, I record a batch of them to my Toshiba XS-32, so I can watch/listen to them faster than realtime.)

Also, for example, the HBO concert that they repeat every few weeks is protected (can't transfer to computer or another Tivo), but it is *copy once* if I record it to my XS32.. So I could theoretically get it onto a DVD-RAM… (Though it was really pixellated when I tried that a while ago.. I think it happened to be a dirty or bad DVD-RAM.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
SNJpage1

I have a really old Panasonic DVD recorder that I transfer shows that I have tivo'es onto disks. I use the componet out for video and the RCA jack out for audio.