TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
pbakers

Question Tivo Guide not updating

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Today I get a warning that the Guide data will run out in five days. I checked the network connection (hard wired Ethernet) and it says the last attempt was successful. I tested it and the test ran fine. I forced a connection and it reported it was successful as well but the guide info is still not updated.

I recalled a similar issue on a older series 2 I had a few years ago. Also searching on the Web I found reports of this dating back 5 or 6 years. I was able to easily fix it by doing a hard reset (pulling power cord) and rebooting. After the reboot, bam the guide was updated instantly with usual 2 weeks of data, no net connection was necessary so obviously the Tivo had the info but just refused to display it or schedule recordings. If hadn't noticed this I would have started loosing recordings in a few days.

It is an admittedly rare issue, but why is this still happening after all these years? That's a long time for a bug to remain lurking around IMHO.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
[NG]Owner

All the information about this issue you wanted to know about is in this thread.

[NG]Owner
[NG]Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
pbakers

Thanks, I'll pick this up in that thread.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

mine just blank at times with no progaming on screen, then locks up a that point forcing a reboot

If thats not bad nuff by the time the freakin Tivo gets ready to load it wrong regonize ny exernal drive.

takes 3 reboots for the tivo to read from the WD 1TB exernal drive

Personally I think it a buggy software upoodate from Tivo thats muckin with out Tivo operating in this manner, a bad pary it's sad we still must pay for the sever each month if it works of not
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote