TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
vman41
Omega Consumer

OTA frequency change

Channel 6 (WSYX) here in Columbus decided it's initial DTV channel assignment (VHF 13) had reception problems for it's viewers to petitioned the FCC to let it move to UHF 48. It finally made the move on August 30, but I'm still waiting for my TiVos to recognize the change. Running a channel scan finds and adds a new 6-1 ANT as "WSYX DT", but there is no guide data for it.

I sent a message to TiVo support and got a stock response back saying I needed to use a CableCard
vman41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
mattack

Use the channel change lineup page?

and/or respond more clearly that you're talking about OTA.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...neup_tool.html

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
zooeyglass

I have the exact same problem here in Albuquerque now that PBS changed its frequency on its channels 9-1 and 9-2 from 9 to 8. I sent a lineup request to Tivo making it very clear that it was OTA and what the problem was. I even gave them the contact info for the local PBS station. The first response I got back from Tivo was that the issue was fixed (of course it wasn't). Then after I explained to them the issue still existed, I got a similar stock response that they do not support QAM and I need to contact my cable co. for a CC. This is terrible customer service on Tivo's behalf and it seems that they are not even paying any attention to reported problems.
zooeyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
vman41
Omega Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
That page would be great if there was even one bit of recognition that channel lineups contain over the air program sources. The name of the cable/satellite provider is a required field (does TiVo support satellite converter boxes anymore?).
Old 09-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Does it not work if you put "OTA antenna" in that space?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Even though the provider name is required, the report I had previously submitted was with OTA in that space, leaving the phone blank.

As I am only using antenna, the report was filled, though only partially.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
fred-vo
Fred-vo

No Listing for the "new" WSYX station after it converted from UHF to UHF

I, too, am suffering with this lack of program listings for the "new" (now UHF, formerly VHF) WSYX OTA station. I do NOT have cable service, and do not have/need a cablecard. Strictly OTA only. BTW, I have a HD Series 3 box.

I was not aware of the impending change before it occurred.

I noticed the problem on Sept 1, when I saw that some season pass recordings of WSYX programs from Aug 31 were not present, but History did not show them deleted. Weird. Then, on Sept 1, I noticed that the (red) record light was on, recording one of my WSYX season pass programs. So I started watching it (by clicking Live TV). Blank screen. The listing service (when you press Guide) showed that my season pass program was airing at the time. Hmm.

I went to Messages and Settings/Settings/Channels/ChannelList. WSYXDT (6-1) was listed there, as it has been for years. But, no show was being displayed. Same was true on WSYXDT@(6-2). Very strange.

So, I went to Messages and Settings/Settings/Channels/ChannelSCAN and executed a scan of all available stations - remember, I do NOT have cable; I only have OTA reception on my HD Ser3 TiVo.

Well, TiVo found 2 new stations: WSYX DT(6-1) and MYTV(6-2). Notice that the new 6-1 (UHF) station's call letters are slightly different than the old 6-1 - the difference being that the new station has a space between WSYX and DT. The old station does not show a space between - rather, it shows six contiguous letters - WSYXDT. I went to LiveTV and switched to the first new station - WSYX DT. Voila !!! My program appeared on the screen!! Ditto for programs on 6-2(MYTV). So, my TiVo found the new (UHF) versions of the two WSYX stations (6-1 and -2).

HOWEVER, no program listings appear for these two stations - ie, the program listings are still associated with the OLD stations. So, until this problem is corrected, I have to manually set recordings for any WSYX programs. What a pain. I hope this is fixed before the new (Fall) TV shows roll out.

Signed,.... Frustrated in Columbus.
fred-vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
vman41
Omega Consumer

Here's a followup, they did fix the guide bindings. John at customer support advised me to perform a "Clear Program Info & To Do List" and connect to the TiVo service. I told him I wasn't going to blow away 37 season passes and accumulated thumbs ratings. Instead, I just edited the channel list using the clear button after doing a connect to TiVo service.

Things appear to be operational now.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
fred-vo
Fred-vo

Confirming - WSYX "change" now sync'd with TiVo program listings

I can also confirm that TiVo Listings are now sync'd with the new UHF 48 station. As stated in post earlier today, I had to delete the old VHF 13 station (it's name had a space in it - WSYX DT). Also, had to delete the old DT2 station which had the name of MYTV. So, the two "new" WSYX stations have names WSYXDT (6-1) and WSYXDT2 (6-2). Whew.
fred-vo is offline   Reply With Quote