TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
TiVo Bob W

Missing Guide Data

Hi,

Six weeks ago I had 45 new stations added to my Comcast lineup. Five weeks ago I called TiVo to let them know about the new stations. At that time I told them that the last time my lineup changed it took almost two months for them to get the guide data to reflect the actual lineup. I also asked if they would like me to FAX over a hard copy of my lineup as provided by Comcast as this it what finally resolved the issue last time. The rep stated, "No, we won't need one". A few weeks later I called to check on the status and guess what. They asked me to FAX over my lineup. I was not happy at all and let a supervisor know that I had offered a few weeks prior. Here it is a little more that five weeks later and my guide data is still not correct and TiVo has no idea when the issue will be resolved. I talked to a supervisor last night and the best he could offer was to assure me he would follow up with the lineup team personally and to call him back in a week if it not yet been resolved. Big help!!!

I realize that their are third parties involved. Both Tribune Media and Comcast have to get together to verify the lineup. In my point of view I did provide a lineup on Comcast letterhead, what more do they need?!?

Done venting. Thanks, Bob
Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
mec1991
Cranky old coot

Bob,

Have you filed a report with ZapToIt? I have had to do so twice in the last couple of weeks and TiVo fixed the lineup issues within a few days of doing so. They seem to be responsive to them nowadays. Good luck.
mec1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Tolstoy88155

Missing Premium Channel Guide Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by mec1991 View Post
Bob,

Have you filed a report with ZapToIt? I have had to do so twice in the last couple of weeks and TiVo fixed the lineup issues within a few days of doing so. They seem to be responsive to them nowadays. Good luck.
I am having a guide data problem too. TiVo says that the local SuddenLink cable provider dropped our premium channels (HBO, MAX, SHO, etc.). How do you submit a request to ZapToIt?

Here is the latest reply from TiVo

>>Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be happy to assist you with your lineup issue, as I'm sure this has been frustrating for you. I am showing this lineup case resolved and that the outcome was that the noted channels (Ch 24 shows Starz, Tribune lists none; Ch 25 shows Encore, Tribune lists none; Ch 26 shows HBO) were dropped. Is your current issue different than this one? We look forward to your reply and resolving this for you.<<
Tolstoy88155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Doh

I had a problem where zap2it had the right data for a bunch of HD channels but tivo has no program data at all for those channels. (I sent in a lineup issue to tivo and they told me they fixed it but they hadn't so I called the help line and he said he'd put in another request.)
Old 12-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Eamus Catuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy88155 View Post
How do you submit a request to ZapToIt?
I used http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory

I've been contacting both Zap2it and TiVo for my issue since AUGUST and still no resolution! I realize this probably isn't TiVo's fault, but as the agents for their customers, TiVo should be vigorously hounding Tribune for quicker resolutions that we are getting.
Eamus Catuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mec1991 View Post
Bob,

I wouldn't even mess with TiVo any more....all I do is e-mail Zap2It...that's where TiVo gets its guide data (TMS)...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
morac
Cat God

If all else fails, I've found that sometimes it helps to email Comcast itself since they actually use Tribune's lineup data for their Fancast page. The Email link on this page goes directly to your local (regional) corporate offices. Depending on how competent they are, it may expedite things.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
innocentfreak

Also you can even check on zap2it to see if those channels show up under your lineup. Maybe you picked the wrong line-up or it has since been updated and you need to rerun guided setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
cogx

Bob, what's your zip code? I truly believe this issue of incorrect station-to-channel mapping in the TMS guide data, which TiVo licenses and pushes to our DVRs, causes more grief across the entire TiVo customer base than any other single issue.
cogx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
indyrobb

I'm in the same boat. Comcast started rolling out Xfinity here on 11/30 and although Tivo sees the new channels, it's not getting any program data for them. We're about to get another round on 12/22. I've opened a ticket with Tivo, TMS and Comcast. Hopefully they will get together and get things fixed. Especially since we're now getting some new HD channels!
indyrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
indyrobb

And I wake up this morning and no more simulcast. I can no longer record anything since comcast turned off the old channels, and I have no information for the ones yet. *sigh*. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
zundian

We're having the same problem in the Champaign-Urbana-Springfield market, though when the second round of new channels came online, we got guide data for a random mix of the first & second wave of new channels.

That was about a week ago, and I'm patiently waiting (and constantly connecting to the TiVo service) in hopes of the guide info for the rest of the new channels to appear.

The Comcast channel line-up for our area *still* doesn't show any of the new channels though.
zundian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Eamus Catuli

Update to post 5 - my issue has been finally fixed - 20 weeks from report to resolution. I think Tribune Media Services has serious issues tracking the requests. I think it was my third problem report that finally got acted upon.
Eamus Catuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
indyrobb

To get around my issue Tivo support had me do a guided setup and choose a city about an hour north of my place and that got me all of the new channels, though I will say that some of the analogs were wrong, but that's okay, since I don't record on them anyways.

I got home today, and I have a message on my one Tivo telling me I have to repeat guided setup because there was a update available to my lineup and I needed to do it ASAP. I didn't get it on my other Tivo, but then again, I didn't report the issue on that Tivo.

Sorry to hear it took you 20 weeks, that's just a bit ridiculous! I also checked Zap2it and they now have the new lineup as well.