Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
dthmj
Hinky

Married at First Sight

Am I the only one watching this show?

I've found it fascinating, but also, wondering about the behind the scenes. I know Jaimie is a reality TV regular - so maybe they are all wanna be actors or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Gaming Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Personal Blog
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Howie
Out of Pocket

Do they consummate at second sight?
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

My wife's been watching it so I've absorbed some of it 2nd hand. I know she's quite interested in the outcomes.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
sharkster

I've been watching, but I think I'm one episode behind so I'm glad it's not a spoiler thread.

I really like these people, for the most part, so I hope they all find happiness. It's been an enjoyable series, IMO, and not as silly as most 'reality' programming, what with most of them being heavily driven by major drama and jerky people.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

I've been watching since the first episode. Overall, I like it, but I think the conclusion is being drawn out too long.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
dthmj
Hinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
I've been watching since the first episode. Overall, I like it, but I think the conclusion is being drawn out too long.
Yeah - I can't imagine what they are going to talk about for 2 hours next week.

- Gaming Blog

- Personal Blog
Old 09-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #7
dthmj
Hinky

The first hour was boring. The second hour was predictable.

But I'm glad about how it turned out overall.

- Gaming Blog

- Personal Blog
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post
The first hour was boring. The second hour was predictable.

But I'm glad about how it turned out overall.
I agree.... But wait, there's another hour next week. The reunion show.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #9
dthmj
Hinky

Quote:
I agree.... But wait, there's another hour next week. The reunion show.
TWO hours....

- Gaming Blog

- Personal Blog
Old 09-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmj View Post
TWO hours....
Wait, what !??! TWO hours ? Really ?!!?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
sharkster

I finally watched the finale last night.

Spoiler:
I am so pleased for the two younger couples! I really like these kids and I hope they make it. With Jason (or is it Justin? the EMT kid) I was like 'just say it!'. Cortney was about to have a coronary waiting for what his answer was. Ok, I was too. heh.

With the other couple (sorry I'm getting bad with names) I was also really hoping they would stay together. He kind of creeped me out a bit at first but he seems like a good guy and she is so beautiful, but struggles with trust. I hope they both find love. At the end there, it sure looked like they were finally going to have sex. It was cute the way they led up to that and then left the dog out of the bdrm, for the first time, and she said (to the dog) 'we love you'. cute!

As for Monet and Vaughn - I guess it was no surprise that they split.

I was hoping there would be more, so that we could see how they are doing (plus I have to admit I will miss them). Upon looking ahead, I saw the upcoming 'lost footage' and 'reunion' episodes.

If you have an SP for this show you might check your guide because on mine they were NOT shown as new, therefore my SP was not picking them up.

This show was not as silly as I expected it to be, at first. I enjoyed it. The two-hour finale was a bit much. But, since I had seen all the rest of the episodes, I just FF'd through all the 'look back' stuff.

Last edited by sharkster : 09-11-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #12
sharkster

Quote:
Wait, what !??! TWO hours ? Really ?!!?
My guide shows one hour that is titled 'Lost Footage' and another hour that is called 'Reunion'.

As mentiond before, in case you are interested, they are not coded as 'new' so an SP won't pick them up. Maybe that will change in the interim but I just went ahead and scheduled them anyway.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
sharkster

Just an update for the few who care - I saw yesterday that they changed the guide entirely and the final episode is shown as 'Six Months Later' and all in one 2-hour lump, now.

So the two one-hour ones called 'lost' and 'reunion' that I manually scheduled disappeared and were replaced by this one which shows as new and was automatically scheduled per my SP. Confusamundo!