TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
slimjim867

How many hours on a 1TB?

Somewhere in the FAQ I saw that a 1TB internal upgrade would give me 157 HD hours. I'm showing a capacity of 142 HD hours. I answered Yes to the question about expanding the capacity.
Thanks for your help anyone.
slimjim867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim867 View Post
Somewhere in the FAQ I saw that a 1TB internal upgrade would give me 157 HD hours. I'm showing a capacity of 142 HD hours. I answered Yes to the question about expanding the capacity.
You have to turn on another item for the extra time to go from 142 to 157, it's under the expansion software but i forgot exactly where. Someone will tell exactly where that is.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Barchetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
You have to turn on another item for the extra time to go from 142 to 157, it's under the expansion software but i forgot exactly where. Someone will tell exactly where that is.
Mine shows 157.. but keep in mind thats probably for the poorest quality setting??? or is it.. says variable im sure based on compression but what about quality setting? it amazed me they dont display A) time based on your quality setting and also based on how much storage is left.. I mean I dont even think there is a way other than yanking the drive to see how much space is left??

But anyway.. I "supersized" mine and it shows 157 HD hrs.
Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
whitepelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim867 View Post
You have to use WinMFS and run "MFS Supersize" to get to 157 hrs. You can do that at any time even after you've already been using the drive in your Tivo. Just hook it back up to the PC and do the Supersize, only takes a few minutes.
whitepelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchetta View Post
Mine shows 157.. but keep in mind thats probably for the poorest quality setting???
157 hours is for HD content. With a lower setting you would get over 1368 hours, which is for SD content.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
lew

You should show around 144 hours until your tivo updates to a newer software version.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote