I know there are multiple threads on this subject and I have read through pretty much all of them.
The problem is, it seems like I get a little bit of good info from each of them, but not the complete picture.
Here is my goal:
To have my S2DT Tivo hooked to a Comcast DTA and still have dual tuner capability.
Using this forum it looks like there are two possible ways.
1) Cable from wall to DTA to Tivo
2) In your Tivo go to: "Messages and Settings" - "Settings" -"Channels"-"Channel List"
3) check box 1 VODDM
4) for LOCAL channels that ate still analog (2-29)check the "cbl" boxes NOT the "box" boxes
5) for all the your cable channels above 29 you must check all the "box" boxes.
The original poster of the above setup claims that the Tivo will then record 2-29 on one tuner & 30-99 on the second tuner and will dual tune if you are trying to record 1 channel from 2-29 at the same time as a channel from 30-99.
Restoring S2DT dual tuner functionality by using a VCR as a demodulator.
1) Split the coax outlet coming out of the wall
2) Send one coax cable from splitter to coax in on Tivo
3) Send other coax into DTA
4) Send the DTA's Ch.3 coax output to a VCR
5) Use the VCR's composite outputs to send the signal to the S2DT's line input.
The original poster of the above setup claims that the S2DT will receive separate analog signals from Limited Basic's Chs. 2 through 28 on its line and coax inputs and Extended Basic's Chs. above 28 on the line inputs. Chs. 2 through 28 will still be tuned by S2DT's internal tuner while all Basic channels are available from the line input.
It is also my understanding that, using the above setup, the VCR will have to be on 100% of the time.
1) do either work for you?
2) which works best?
3) am I leaving any steps out?
4) What guided setup should I use for each setup?
5) Are there any steps after the guided setup that I must take?
6) Is there anything else I should know?
Thank you very much for your help as this is VERY frustrating. I just want to be able to sue my S2DT like I have been (cable from wall to the Tivo) and I am really angry at Comcast right now!